Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anybody willing to answer some Codex Lore questions?

A horse of course

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
2YCvp8k.gif

Yes. Immortalize me with a custom tag that nobody else will have. Not only will it prove that DU truly is completely butthurt by a thread that was a lazy repost, but it will cement me as a quasi-legend. In 2 years people will make threads in site feedback asking "why does the god-prophet phage have his own tag? why can't I get that tag"

MoLAoS

Phage is fucking stupid. An advanced search of google results clearly demonstrates that popamole was in fact invented in 2010, on the Codex. Who needs Phage's clear garbage memory when fucking computers never fucking forget? There is no reference to popamole on the internet prior to 2010. The earliest off Codex reference I found was this:
http://rampantgames.com/blog/?p=299
This was the first on codex one possibly cause they changed servers? The search function can't seem to go back very far:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/anime-avatars-in-my-codex.42843/page-3#post-1107977

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS IF ANDVODY CARES I NEVER POSTED ON V OR WHATEVER

I NEVER HEARD THE TERM POPAMOLE ANYWHERES ELSE

LOLOLOLOLLLOL SERUOUS BUSINESS BROS

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Phage is fucking stupid. An advanced search of google results clearly demonstrates that popamole was in fact invented in 2010, on the Codex. Who needs Phage's clear garbage memory when fucking computers never fucking forget? There is no reference to popamole on the internet prior to 2010. The earliest off Codex reference I found was this:
http://rampantgames.com/blog/?p=299
This was the first on codex one possibly cause they changed servers? The search function can't seem to go back very far:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/anime-avatars-in-my-codex.42843/page-3#post-1107977

That's not even the first instance of the term on the codex. Your precious search engines have failed you. Good job destroying yourself like you normally do.

BROS IF ANDVODY CARES I NEVER POSTED ON V OR WHATEVER

I NEVER HEARD THE TERM POPAMOLE ANYWHERES ELSE

LOLOLOLOLLLOL SERUOUS BUSINESS BROS

Like I said about 500 times now, it's really not much of a stretch to look at Gears of War, realize that you're playing whack-a-mole, and then turn it into "popamole".

Still, I'll take your word for it. You are one of the few decent posters on this site tbh.

I just find it beautiful that people here are so obsessed with yelling that "we" invented a derogatory term for a video game. Like there's this desperate need to validate all of the collective time wasted here.

MoLAoS

That's not even the first instance of the term on the codex. Your precious search engines have failed you. Good job destroying yourself like you normally do.

Like I said about 500 times now, it's really not much of a stretch to look at Gears of War, realize that you're playing whack-a-mole, and then turn it into "popamole".

Still, I'll take your word for it. You are one of the few decent posters on this site tbh.

I just find it beautiful that people here are so obsessed with yelling that "we" invented a derogatory term for a video game. Like there's this desperate need to validate all of the collective time wasted here.

What part of the search engine doesn't seem to go back that far confuses you? Of course it wasn't the first instance since it was already established that Blobert used it first on the Codex. Dumbass.

If the term were in common usage before it was used on the Codex we would expect to see at least ONE google result for it that survived into the present day.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
You seem to be projecting here.

:updatedmytxt:

Considering the fact that on this very page I explicitly said that I am well aware that I've wasted an ungodly amount of time here, that's not really the case. I'm making an observation about how defensive people are over the term 'popamole', which bleeds over to the hilarious post by Infinitron claiming the term "choice and consequence" came from the codex, and how he claimed ownership for these things by including himself with 'we'.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Considering the fact that on this very page I explicitly said that I am well aware that I've wasted an ungodly amount of time here, that's not really the case. I'm making an observation about how defensive people are over the term 'popamole', which bleeds over to the hilarious post by Infinitron claiming the term "choice and consequence" came from the codex, and how he claimed ownership for these things by including himself with 'we'.

Fair enough. I validate my time wasted here as doing my missionary work of converting the Kodex to Katholicism. Besides, anyone with half a brain has already figured out that Infi has pathological possessive mania, which results in amusing posts now and then.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Phage,

You have committed crimes against Codexia and her people. Despite the clear counter-evidence being presented by your opponents, you kept up your campaign of historical revisionism.

You didn't just try to rob this place of its rightful glory. It was not enough that you tried to smear the honor of House BLOBERT. No, your vile crimes are far more fiendish. You tried to bury the truth from us. You wanted us to live in ignorance. What kind of man does that? You are exceptionally cruel.

Denying the historical proof that popamole originated on the Codex is as horrible a crime as denying the Holocaust. Denying the Holocaust is just as bad as taking part in the Holocaust.

It is on these grounds that I propose you be charged for crimes against humanity. I feel there can be no lesser charge - and (the practically guaranteed) accompanying severe punishment - to fit your heinous crimes.

fyDf9B5.jpg

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Nice post AW8. I estimate it gathers you 12 brofists.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom