Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD Char System & Concept Art

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Body count? LOL

I love the 'character sheet'. Lots of skills, and stuff. Looks nice. i think it's well organized though normally I think ability scores are better if shown from top to bottom. Just personal preference mostly due since that's how 99% of games - both pnp and CRPG - have done it and works to my eye. Your way is still fine though.

Shouldn't dodge, parry, and critical strike be under Combat Skills? I guess it works either way..I'm sure you have solid reasoning for it to be the way it is.

Good stuff. :cool:

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Character sheet looks pretty damn good to me, like Spazmo said.
Some people might like a little more illustration on it, but I am perfectly happy with the spare look. It looks clean and clear that way.

Holy shit, love the concept art too! Who's your artist?

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Volourn said:
Shouldn't dodge, parry, and critical strike be under Combat Skills?
Combat skills look more to be "Weapon Proficiencies", or maybe "Weapon Skills".
I agree with Volourn, it initially does not seem to make sense to have them not in Combat Skills if you have a skill category entitled that.
Changing "Combat" to "Weapon" may fix it?

Screaming_life

Liturgist
Character sheet looks awesome! *thumbs up*

My only minor comments would be that "+" should always on the right and "-" on the left.

- The light brown colour could be a bit darker... looks a bit washed out and girly!

- Bright red cursor? why?!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Work in progress. We'll try to throw more art in, and rename some things, including some factions. You are right, that should have been Weapon Skills.

Anyway, we've tweaked the interface a bit, comparing to the first screen. Does it look better now? The cursor is a placeholder, will be replaced later. The artist is working on the inventory items right now.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Personally I think you should move Dodge, Parry and Critical Strike to the area below the weapons, either together with them under a common or under a seperate Combat Skills heading.

Also, I actually liked the golden frames around the interface elements. I don't mind the change, except the HP indicator looks weird now. Maybe it would be better to have an icon with a number instead.
I do like the darker marbled (just guessing, I don't know the expression) frames however.

NeutralMilkHotel

Liturgist
I like the art, you've got a very good artist. Though having their skin color the same color as their armor seems strange (or perhaps it's paint?), but he's definately got an interesting style, I'd like to see more of it.

I like the interface (and character sheet), from the skills and the AP down at the bottom, I'm eager to try the battle system as well.

Is this game going to be freeware? Or shareware?

Good luck with it.

edit: And what's the full name of the game? "Ages of dec-"?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Is this game going to be freeware? Or shareware? "

Vault Dweller is a professional! You gotta pay up or ship out.

Muahahahahha!!

Vault Dweller

Developer
NeutralMilkHotel said:
he's definately got an interesting style, I'd like to see more of it
Sure. When I post the trading screen, I'll post some more concepts as well.

I like the interface (and character sheet), from the skills and the AP down at the bottom, I'm eager to try the battle system as well.
Thanks. The battle system should be interesting. Heavy armor (the royal guard concept) actually decreases your AC, makes you easier to hit, but the armor absorbs a lot. Light armor (I was always fond of that leather jacket in Fallout) doesn't absorb as much (the merc concept), but it doesn't limit your mobility, so you can create and play a character that you like without being forced to go for the "best" armor and "best" weapon. Same applies to weapons - there are plenty of reasons to use a short sword instead of a 2H one.

Is this game going to be freeware? Or shareware?
Shareware. It's my attempt to fuck with the gaming industry. The bastards have been asking for it for a long time :lol:

edit: And what's the full name of the game? "Ages of dec-"?
The working title is Age of Decadence, inspired by Glen Cook's The Black Company:
"That kind of things is common here. Conspiracies and assassinations and naked power-grabs. All the fun of decadence".

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I think Decadence would fit better... Too many 'Age of" titles for games. Still, Age of Decadence is okay too...

Vault Dweller

Developer
I agree. I'll probably change the name later, but it'll do for now.

Fez

Erudite
You spelt "loyalty" wrong.

I don't like the circular frame around "HP". The text doesn't fit inside it. Also, did they have the Red Cross in Roman times? :P

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Volourn said:
I think Decadence would fit better... Too many 'Age of" titles for games. Still, Age of Decadence is okay too...

Well, I dunno, "Decadence" makes it sound a bit like historical pr0n.
At least the "Age of -" puts it into context better. But I see why VD would want to avoid being lumped with the other "Age of"s.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Haha. I thought people would think that. There's always setbacks to all suggestions. :D

Human Shield

Augur
Looks nice, just include as much info in the bottom text bar as possible, help text is a big element with me.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Fez said:
You spelt "loyalty" wrong.
Typo. Thanks

I don't like the circular frame around "HP"
What would you suggest?

The text doesn't fit inside it.
We'll play with it.

Also, did they have the Red Cross in Roman times? :P
What do you think they nailed Jesus to? :wink:

Human Shield said:
Looks nice, just include as much info in the bottom text bar as possible, help text is a big element with me.
Sure, don't worry about that, there's plenty of text.

Volourn said:
There's always setbacks to all suggestions
Aint that the truth.

Fez

Erudite
interfacechangehpap17wl.jpg

Spazmo

Erudite
Having a good score in a given skill gives synergy bonuses to related skills. For example (if VD had knowledge skills), having a high knowledge (nobility) would probably give a bonus to your etiquette skill.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom