Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD combat video

Special_Can

Scholar
It's in the coming soon section on the front page of Rpg Vault. I figured we can have a topic to discuss it. This is supposed to have the combat video, right?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The first ever. The earliest AoD video known to man.

Edit: It's not perfect, so don't expect much. Think of it as a rough draft that will be tweaked and improved later.

cardtrick

Arbiter
I know people have said this before . . . but now it's urgent.

Before the RPG Vault preview goes live, you should really, really replace the screenshots on the AoD website with ones that have the new interface. Seriously. The game looks so much better with that interface. It's night and day. If you get even a few new people seeing the preview and heading to your website, I think it would be well worth it to have better screenshots. The old interface makes the game look unprofessional, the new one just makes it look like a professional, "classic" game a few years behind the times.

If you have to, just make the edits in Photoshop (OMG LYING HYPE).

EDIT: And consider ditching the bottom two screenshots, or at least putting a note on the website that they are early concepts without placeables and such. Frankly, I say just get rid of them, or replace them with something more current.

jeansberg

Liturgist
That is, it says it coming soon on the front page. The article is not there yet.

Lumpy

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
The first ever. The earliest AoD video known to man.

Edit: It's not perfect, so don't expect much. Think of it as a rough draft that will be tweaked and improved later.
An unoptimized build, eh? Stop the bullshit, everyone knows that games always look worse than they do in the previews.

Jora

Arcane
Okay, so I was given a chance to see the video beforehand. I must say it looks great. Not "great for an indie" but great compared to games like Dungeon Siege and Neverwinter Nights. The models are detailed, the animations fluid and varied.

Implementing the menu for choosing different attacks was worth it. It seems very quick and easy to use.

The inventory seemed to be better than Fallout's. Flashback scrolled it quite effortlessly.

The best parts were the death animations and the special attacks. The only gripe I have is that some of the weapon swinging animations seemed too slow, too powerless. (though VD said they are aware of the problem.)

All in all, the combat really seemed to work. Everything was smooth and clear and there were numerous options. After seeing the video, fighting and visuals are the very least of my worries. It also gives me hope that the other areas of the game will be as good.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
"Will do. Thanks for the reminder."

I've reminded you at least three times already since I joined up and you still haven't done it. If you spent as much time as you did with those awful Fallout previews you would of done it already! :roll:

GeneralSamov

Prophet
RGE said:
But surely he'd clean his apartment/house before guests are coming? Even I do that.

I don't. Then again all the 'guests' that ever come by are close friends who can't give a fuck.

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Claw said:
I think it's a running gag. Someone says "Update your website" and he says "I will" but he never does.
RGE said:
But surely he'd clean his apartment/house before guests are coming? Even I do that.
GhanBuriGhan said:
Since nobody else dares to mention it: Update that wesite
Alright, don't panic, calm down, everything will be fine, situation is under control, it will be updated soon =)

JrK said:
Hmm, couldn't find anything. Strange.
http://rpgvault.ign.com/
Try Ctrl+F -> Age of Decadence . That should help.

xedoc gpr

Scholar
It's the last post under "news" before the "RPGVault features" stuff.

Firefox didn't find it for me through Ctrl-F at first either.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Flashback said:
Claw said:
I think it's a running gag. Someone says "Update your website" and he says "I will" but he never does.
RGE said:
GhanBuriGhan said:
Since nobody else dares to mention it: Update that wesite
Alright, don't panic, calm down, everything will be fine, situation is under control, it will be updated soon =)

Come on, do it. Do it now. Have you done it yet? Chop, chop!

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
Yay! The website has been updated!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom