Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD January update!

hiver

I get that this is a harsh world, everyone is fighting for survival, not much space for the meek. However, if EVERYONE is trying to cheat you, then mistrusting becomes an easy choice. So, the suggestion. Doesn't need to be for the demo, it can be in the next areas... Why not add one or two innocent encounters, where trusting someone is the right thing to do? Why not add an honest and innocent character, even if a minor one? This will leave the players a bit off-guard, since they're not expecting it, and the contrast between this small candle of innocence and the brutal world around it will only reinforce how everyone else is crooked and jaded. It's a matter of contrast.
Without knowing any details, i would agree with this assesment and suggestion.

The rest seems just bloody awesome so far.

hiver

That was a joke Surf...
Black, i hate your new avatar. Just wanted to let you know that.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
That was a joke Surf...

Damn, sorry. Even after a year around here, I still fail my irony rolls from time to time. ;)
The quote seemed only a bit too unjust for me, since the beta is very well done and naming all those feedback reports as "payed" seems retarded.

hiver

That was a joke Surf...

Damn, sorry. Even after a year around here, I still fail my irony rolls from time to time. ;)
The quote seemed only a bit too unjust for me, since the beta is very well done and naming all those feedback reports as "payed" seems retarded.
Black just likes to do these little exposes on VD and Co from time to time :)

That was a joke Surf...
Black, i hate your new avatar. Just wanted to let you know that.

Don't worry, I'll update it to the new version once the new XCom is out.
ugh.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

curry

Arcane
Fuck this shit, it's vapourware.

2690.jpg

MCA
Sure sure. Now go back to the kitchen and make me a sandwich, StereoVille hon. Womenfolk like yourself aren't privy to the nuances of sarcasm, it will only hurt your head.

hiver

More impressions. One very dear to my heart :

Just finished a playthrough as a merchant, without a single fight. This was MARVELOUS. I wrote down a few things, one of which is certainly a bug, and made some screens with typos; will post in the respective threads. But my "general feedback" is that the game is GREAT!

Im calling dibs on merchant letsplay suckers!

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Selling folk into slavery would be a particularly satisfying end to an adversary, yeah. C&C also if they somehow escape.

I can see it helping to advertise AoD- "A VIDEO GAME PROMOTES SLAVERY AND SUPPORTS TERRORISM".
Fallout 3 already did that. Including children slavery.
And I don't remember it atracting any attention from the histerical media.

Corvinus

Arcane
Got to say I look forward to this game. If what I've read so far about it is the truth, it pretty much sums up my expectations of a quality RPG. And quality RPGs are rare these days.
I don't mind waiting for it.:cool:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom