Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aod News Main Thread

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Militiades!

Need more of him.

Best NPC ever.

I wonder where Vault Dweller found prototype for this guy.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Used to work with him. From an older post:

An Irish gentleman who could sell you a trashcan full of garbage and make you feel like you struck quite a bargain. He had crazy eyes, especially when drunk, and he firmly rejected the concept of personal responsibility or regret for any wrongdoings, which were quite numerous (especially when drunk). He always had this awesome scheme going and he had 2-3 more ready to go when the current "it can't go wrong" scheme would go wrong.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Can you add him to new game in aod setting? He deserves more than 3 quests. Every line he has is great.

Ivan

Arcane
I've also been waiting for the last patch for the virgin playthrough. Is this it?

Blackmill

Scholar
Is the game complete or is there going to be another patch?

New update is out. New items, expanded thievery, steam trading cards, expanded ending slides and more.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/aod/announcements/detail/975396203463624267

The fight with spear dude is bugged when you attempt to leave the arena. You're just stuck there and you can't use the map.

Edit: It seems by using console commands to teleport out of the arena I have fucked the primary arena questline. Is there a console command that starts the post-fight dialogue with the Arena Master?

Last edited:
Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
It seems by using console commands to teleport out of the arena I have fucked the primary arena questline. Is there a console command that starts the post-fight dialogue with the Arena Master?

Elhoim has posted on Steam the correct command to exit the Arena:

dlgTeleportToMarker(TM_Map_Arena);

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Used to work with him. From an older post:

An Irish gentleman who could sell you a trashcan full of garbage and make you feel like you struck quite a bargain. He had crazy eyes, especially when drunk, and he firmly rejected the concept of personal responsibility or regret for any wrongdoings, which were quite numerous (especially when drunk). He always had this awesome scheme going and he had 2-3 more ready to go when the current "it can't go wrong" scheme would go wrong.

Have you saved any coworkers for Colony Ship?

Blackmill

Scholar
It seems by using console commands to teleport out of the arena I have fucked the primary arena questline. Is there a console command that starts the post-fight dialogue with the Arena Master?

Elhoim has posted on Steam the correct command to exit the Arena:

dlgTeleportToMarker(TM_Map_Arena);

That doesn't quite solve the issue. I can't start the dialogue to get my pay and start the next fight if I teleport out. He just says, "Are you ready for the fight?" and my only response is "Not yet."

Blackmill

Scholar
I know there are certain console commands which start a quest, dialogue, or introduction. For instance, "switchMission("Maadoran_Abyss.mis")" will start the Abyss intro. Is there an equivalent for the arena fights?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
It's an old save, if by that you mean it was started before the most recent update.

Answered to you in Steam :)

I'll copy here as well.

Open the console and write aod.fight_kadmos = 0;

That should start the correct dialogue when you click on the arena exit. This only affects the ones who left the arena after Kadmos using the teleport command. Works fine now with the hotfix if you fight Kadmos.

It was my bad, I should have given both the teleport and that command at the same time. Basically, the gate has a script that checks for Kadmos fight, if it's true, it teleports you out and sets it to 0. If it's not true, it starts the arena dialogue. The original error was that I used the dialogue command instead of the teleport one the Kadmos part of the script, but forgot to give you the fight one. So if you have a save inside the arena after fighting an opponent, just set the fight variable to 0. If not, use sd(Quest_Arena_01);

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
If you kill 10 raiders, you get 400 gold from Aemolas :( if you kill 3 with his help, you get 1200+ gold. Choices, choices.

Cazzeris

001_zps0xdgdhnq.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/games/aod/announcements/detail/969771144918835485

It looks like the fighters in the dungeon crawler will have access to some kind of belt, a shortcut to those fine usable items.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Developers, please be more considerate of the lack of vertical space in 16:9 resolutions.

I guess this is a case of needing to support 4:3 and 5:4 with less work but men that initiative order would be so much better on the left or right side of the screen.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
Developers, please be more considerate of the lack of vertical space in 16:9 resolutions.

I guess this is a case of needing to support 4:3 and 5:4 without having custom UI but men that initiative order would be so much better on the left or right side of the screen.

Yes, good advice. Move the UI to the laterals, like I do with mine:

rpKL7P7.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Currently in 33rd place on the Steam Top Seller list. That's gotta translate to at least fifty sales or so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom