Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD site

almondblight

Arcane
I personally like the second. And I really dig the studio logo.

Joff1981

Educated
Project: Eternity
I like the 3rd one. I think the logo needs to be moved, at the moment it's covering up the great artwork too much. Lowering it so that it sits where the home header is at the moment, or moving it above the vertical menu would be better IMO.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Llyranor said:
Any updates on distribution methods? Any rough pricing estimate?
25 bucks. Shareware.

Have you decided to add Starforce?
Yes. While the game doesn't use Starforce for protection, considering that it's a very popular product, we've decided to bundle it. Customer satisfaction - guaranteed!

Human Shield said:
I want more information about Iron Tower. How did you think it up? What is the business set up?
What do you want to know? Business setup: corporation. Evil corporation, obviously.

As for the designs, #3 is interesting, but I don't think it would handle different resolutions well. #1 has no design whatsoever, but the menu is great. #2 is the best, but needs some tweaking.

hiciacit

Liturgist
Role-Player said:
I think the layout of the second site is better, but the garish red and associated graphics should probably be replaced by the first image's theme.

My sentiments exactly.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Screaming_life said:
#3 gets a big thumbs up

Are you going to embrace the wonder of moving pictures and release a vid or two?
Moving pictures? So yesterday. Podcasts are the way of the future. Why would you want to rely on your own crappy eyes and inferior intelligence that may not be able to grasp the awesomeness of what you see (see various vid examples of RAI in akshun)? Wouldn't you rather want someone qualified to take a look for you and tell you how awesome it is? I thought so!

Our first radio broadcast will be aired shortly. A transcript for the hearing impaired will be posted shortly after (I'll ask Section8).

Screaming_life

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
Moving pictures? So yesterday. Podcasts are the way of the future. Why would you want to rely on your own crappy eyes and inferior intelligence that may not be able to grasp the awesomeness of what you see (see various vid examples of RAI in akshun)? Wouldn't you rather want someone qualified to take a look for you and tell you how awesome it is? I thought so!

yah, i see what you're saying, mein eyes might deceive me!
Well, ok then... as long as it's you thats telling us about it because you are the most high of the devs so you know bestest of all... and whatever you say must be truth.

Seriously, is that a no then?

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Vault Dweller said:
What about this one? (another design). Disregard the text, that's from an old RPG Dot news post.

I think I like this one the best. The only thing i'd change is to make the lessen the width on the sidebar menu. It seems to take up too much room.

While the 3rd one is cooler to me, the splashier in your face earlier ones might be the better PR type sites. I mean, the game is probably an automatic purchase for codexers and other similar minded folks even if you have the worst site in the history of web lolz. The site should try to hook in some more casual rpgers that stumble upon the link somewhere.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Eh, still like #1 unless #2 gets tweaked a lot, #3 might be good as a lead-in to the site, with like 'All is lost' scrawled on the wall... or the numbers from Lost, kewl!

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
See my previous image for starters, or a more invasive conglomerate...
aoded1.jpg

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
VD: If you are going with #2, you should probably do something about the ribbons. They seem like the only thing out of place. Curtains would definitely fit the theme you are going for and they are pretty easy to make in Photoshop. It's just about changing values between light and dark. Or you could just use curtain reference images off the web if your artist is not familiar with curtains.

Regardless of how the website looks, if you have a solid html template to work from, changing the graphics as you go is very easy. I do html and graphic design work, and I often create a template and I adjust it after uploading it online. It’s a good way to see how other people’s browsers handle it before finalizing your design scheme.

RGE

Liturgist
Human Shield said:
I want more information about Iron Tower. How did you think it up?
I'll tell you. He stole it from me, that's how! I was going to have an Iron Tower in my was-going-to-be-NWN module. With Iron Orcs and their Iron Giants. Now everyone who fight their way up to the top of the tower will wonder where Vault Dweller's mahogany desk is! :x

Disclaimer: I guess it'll be an NWN2 module if I ever build it. And I guess that people wouldn't really be supposed to fight their way to the top of the tower, and depending on what towers NWN2 might have to offer, there might not even be an iron tower. Things change quickly when they're just being built in my daydreams. :D :) :( :cry:

sleepy

Novice
Vultok said:
Use Hanoverf's. The other ones all suck.
I wouldn't be that harsh but do agree Hanoverf's suggestion has the best bits of both first designs. I would like to see more space given to the logo though. Nice the way he set that background greenish to compliment/bring out the ribbons. Looks pro to me though I'd still fiddle with the colours and structures outlines. Maybe lighter cracks running through it all?

1st is good in terms of colour and the arching over the pic, otherwise sorta broken looking and not so professional.

2nd is nicely laid out, clean division of elements/space, but somehow amateurish with the glaring colour and ribbons.

3rd has nice airy feel to with and I dig the drawn lines, brings in mind and old good game called King of Dragon Pass. But the layout isn't compatible with many resolutions, content has very little space and you'd have to use pop-ups or alter layout to different pages requirements.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Great! But maybe the stone background at the top takes a bit too much vertical space. I'd suggest moving everything up a little bit, so that the logo almost touches the upper border of the site.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Didn't you call it "the beautiful background with curtains" on the first page?

Jora

Arcane
I did, but there was much more bright red in the previous version. And the font seems to still be in.

Screaming_life

Liturgist
Looks fine to me... i could probably point out bits i'd consider changing but only because you asked. At the end of the day it's just a website and you can't please everyone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom