Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD site

[Jez]

Novice
I like the colours of the first one more but think the second one has a better layout but if it gets AoD releasted quicker I vote for plain black screen with just some text :)

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I like first one. But they could both use a couple penises or so. I'll send you pictures of my cock if you'd like. For free.

When I first look at both of the sites I think the game is a Western. Myabe cut mr. serious mage out of the art, and throw some bitch in there with an inviting smile and big ass jiggle titties that giggles when you click a menu and her titties jiggle. And my cock whacks her in her stupid whore head. The my gianormous penis fills in the hole in the wall while Gandalf's voice snippet says, "You shall not pass!!!!" And then Mork pops up from the bottom right and goes "Nanu, Nanu! Click on the giant penis" And when you do it links to the fucking site you can buy and download this fucking game from finally. Why don't you just let the TC dickheads make this site so you can code or draw pictures for the game or something. Isnt it crunch time yet?

But they both do look like cowboy sites. Have you been watching too much Brokeback Mountain?

Roqua

Prospernaut
[Jez] said:
Ever thought of writing childrens books Roqua?

yes

I want to write a sequal about the gay king and king that they read to the children in my state. Set to the lyrics of Anal Inflicted Death Sentence. And more graphic.

sleepy

Novice
to VD
Latest layout concept is looking good! Colours work better together than in the original, the whole thing is more muted and gritty.

Good point noted earlier tho, I too must say there's hole lotta screen estate given to the titlepic&interface alone. But it does look pretty. If compression (height-wise) is an option, then maybe go there. Or maybe call it done, you can't please all. I for one have a minor ribbon problem, am tempted cut and shred em more.

Perishiko

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:

It's probably just me, but i think the textures on the sides would look better if they filled all that part. And had the ribbon a bit bigger/longer down the sides to compensate for that change. Otherwise, it looks great to me. Besides, like someone else stated, you can't really please everyone at the same time.

I don't know if i missed something through the posts, as i haven't read through them all in a long time, but did you plan on getting the site up before the games finished?

Twinfalls

Erudite
Roqua said:
I like first one. But they could both use a couple penises or so. I'll send you pictures of my cock if you'd like. For free.

When I first look at both of the sites I think the game is a Western. Myabe cut mr. serious mage out of the art, and throw some bitch in there with an inviting smile and big ass jiggle titties that giggles when you click a menu and her titties jiggle. And my cock whacks her in her stupid whore head. The my gianormous penis fills in the hole in the wall while <snip>

I think it was only a matter of time before Roqua and ~aphatmc conflated into one.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Perishiko said:
I don't know if i missed something through the posts, as i haven't read through them all in a long time, but did you plan on getting the site up before the games finished?
Obviously. It should be up and running in about a week or two.

VasikkA

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
I like the darker and grittier colors. The worn off paint gives a sense of post-apocalypse. I'm not sure how much space the logo+painting occupies, but just make sure the first couple of news items are visible(i.e. don't add too many ad banners).

Good luck with the project. I'll definitely check it out when you're done.

serch

Magister
I like both but I prefer the first one, I think it has a very appealing Troika-style too. Perhaps the theater frame of the second one is somewhat gay. Anyway, I vote for the first one but with a crumbling marmol appearing instead of the earth one, just for getting a little away from Troika and to focus on decadence. I hope you get what I mean through the language barrier.

Fucks,

crufty

Arcane
Looks great! What would it look like if the digital images (stone sides/back) were painted by the same concept artist? Sometimes I find the juxtaposition of digital art with digital photos a little jarring. Looks good as it is though, probably more important things to do, may not look good anyway.

Vault Dweller

Developer
I agree, but I lost the artist. He couldn't find a job in the entire fucking North America (as unbelievable as it sounds, considering his skills), so he got picked by a German studio working on a new FPS project.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Twinfalls said:
Roqua said:

When I first look at both of the sites I think the game is a Western. Myabe cut mr. serious mage out of the art, and throw some bitch in there with an inviting smile and big ass jiggle titties that giggles when you click a menu and her titties jiggle. And my cock whacks her in her stupid whore head. The my gianormous penis fills in the hole in the wall while <snip>

I think it was only a matter of time before Roqua and ~aphatmc conflated into one.

Who is aphatmc and why have we merged into one?

VD,

Am I the only one that thinks that both sites look more westernish than post-apocolish?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Roqua said:
Who is aphatmc and why have we merged into one?
To form a superior multi-cock being?

Am I the only one that thinks that both sites look more westernish than post-apocolish?
Maybe. I'm still waiting for the results of the survey.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
I have a slight preference for number 2. But not by a great margin.

Neither are very visually striking. The pictures are perhaps a little on the small side. They need more 'framing' so the eye is drawn to the picture.

denizsi

Arcane
I like the image and the feel of the 2nd one better, but I don't like the lay out ( looks like designed towarrds a strictly vertically oriented content, with those tiles limiting on the sides ). It feels too restrictive and kind of immature ( I don't know how to explain this ). But overall, 2nd one looks better to me.

Hazelnut

Erudite
I don't give a fuck - just get on with the game damn it!

*crack*

:P

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I like the fact that every subsection has a nice image above it. I know that content is more important, but it's always nice when the visuals on the page are good.

I learned a new word today: "grifter". I'll read all the bits of text you've put on the site, it's interesting.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
I like it, very informative. Might not be flashy enough for teh kidz but it's pretty enough. The Forum section sucks though.

The Grifter/Con-Man class sounds pretty interesting. I think that's the first one i'm tinkering with.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
About fucking time!!

Hmm, isometric and 2D? Teh oxymoron! Good site though, I am at Characters now and so far it looks (and reads) excellent.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Like the site! Now, get a deal to get it (the game not the site, dumbasses) into stores!!!

onerobot

Scholar
I'm trying to find ways to criticize, but I'm coming up very short. The art is exceptional, and it along with the minimalistic site design really makes the information heavy presentation work. Overall the site seems very befitting for a game like AoD.

The little touches are nice as well, such as the fabric partially obscuring the Home button. Good stuff.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
btw, Nice pimping of the Codex. LOL :lol:

Again, it must be said, the site is awesome. It looks so simple yet elegant. Absolutely perfect for the game. :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom