Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD: What do you think of TEH GRAFIKS?

What do you think of the graphics?

• I can't play a game that looks so awful (1/10)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The graphics are bad, but I've seen worse (3/10)

• The graphics are ok (5/10)

• I can't explain it but I actually like the graphics (7/10)

• Total voters

Faustus

Novice
I'd like to make a suggestion regarding Graphics. Specifically a style issue. At the moment the tops of walls of buildings are textured with the same texture as the wall itself. I think this looks weird. Personally it would look better if you replaced this with a neutral or black texture.

I'm inclined to agree with this. If it is an easy change, I think it is worthwhile.

I'd like to add that the screens are looking much better.

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Faustus said:
I'd like to make a suggestion regarding Graphics. Specifically a style issue. At the moment the tops of walls of buildings are textured with the same texture as the wall itself. I think this looks weird. Personally it would look better if you replaced this with a neutral or black texture.

I'm inclined to agree with this. If it is an easy change, I think it is worthwhile.
This one is fixed already. See the screens from that spanish interview.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
The graphics in the spanish interview look very nice. You guys are definitely leading the way with graphics in indie titles. So much so that I'm wondering if you've been playing Oblivion, Gothic 3, and NWN 2 too much and are being currupted.

I say we take a vote. All who think AoD should stop throwing all their money and resources into graphics and release the game speak up. My system wont be able to handle this bitch soon. Don'y you want the big Christmas sales rush VD?

Look at all the broken promises, 1st it was going to be released in the summer, then fall. Now he skips the release question in the spanish interview with pr hype shrewdness. Whats next? Are you going to remove crossbows, spears, and mounted combat? This is crap. Is Pete Hines your roommate mr. liar pants?

sabishii

Arbiter
The graphics now are certainly good enough to not annoy me. And that's all that matters; enough with the graphics development already!

Ladonna

Arcane
And they are crush weapons.

I too think VD has gotten the jitters after playing G3.....Knock it off and get the game made FFS....Just make sure its finished, not something that needs patches to play and finish it out of the box. :wink:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Graphics look alright. As good as to be expected for an independent game. Surely beats the shit known as Brown poo tm aka Morrowwind. Around a 6 or 7.

R00fles!

Lumpy

Arcane
Volourn said:
Graphics look alright. As good as to be expected for an independent game. Surely beats the shit known as Brown poo tm aka Morrowwind. Around a 6 or 7.

R00fles!
Yes, god forbid any game steer away from classic shiny fantasy.
Morrowind's world design was good.

I only found out about the game recently and haven't read through all eight pages of this thread, so I apologize if any of my suggestions have been brought up already.

I think the graphics look decent enough, though some of the suggestions already mentioned would add greatly to the overall look of the game. In fact, when I first saw the screens, it looked similar to Neverwinter Nights; easily Age of Decadence is one of the better looking independent games.

The interface seems ok in terms of where everything is placed, though it doesn't really convey a post-Roman Empire feel. I also think the font used doesn't really mesh well with the background. I'm basing that observation on this image, though it may just look that way because the image is reduced in size.

However, I'm glad to see a setting like this explored, and from what I read its the kind of game I'd be interested in (low/no-magic world, lots of dialogue options, multiple endings, etc). Look forward to learning more about it before its release.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Yes, god forbid any game steer away from classic shiny fantasy.
Morrowind's world design was good."

It was brown shit. If you think that can pass off as 'good'; it only proves how dumb you are.

Thankfully, VD is a better developer than Bethesda can ever hope to be.

R00fles!

Lumpy

Arcane
Volourn said:
"Yes, god forbid any game steer away from classic shiny fantasy.
Morrowind's world design was good."

It was brown shit. If you think that can pass off as 'good'; it only proves how dumb you are.

Thankfully, VD is a better developer than Bethesda can ever hope to be.

R00fles!
Why was it brown shit? Besides being mostly brown, which isn't necessarily bad.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Unless there is corn in it, how many other colors can shit be besides brown? Yeah, I think brown to greenish-brown kind of covers the color of shit spectrum. Saying brown shit is kind of like saying hairless-head bald guy or horny teenage boy or stupid retard or smelly stink or stinky poo.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Pretty good. Not nessicarly crazy Uber, but it drives the point home.

I'll probably check out the rest of AoD site when I get the chance. It looks awsome so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom