Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Apocalypse Bugout

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
What do you get when you merge 6 year old Unity code from CORPSE CREW into a full fledged FPS with first person driving on randomly generated evacuation highways, zombie siege mechanics and full factional fighting against flame throwing hazmat corps, crooked national guardsman, infected death squads and survival crafting and resource management?

I think a winner has emerged from the previous week of my work, which has been devoted to getting Grimoire finally complete and hours of experimentation with my old CORPSE CREW code.

I am certain now this game will be my priority project as soon as Grimoire V2 is released.

apocbugout.jpg

At present you can change radio stations while driving to hear emergency broadcasts, evacuation reports, bluegrass music and news readers. This alone is a pretty cool mechanic.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
What do you get when you merge 6 year old Unity code from CORPSE CREW into a full fledged FPS with first person driving on randomly generated evacuation highways, zombie siege mechanics and full factional fighting against flame throwing hazmat corps, crooked national guardsman, infected death squads and survival crafting and resource management?

The Mexican border?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
That is interesting and all but what about Grimoire 2? Or a Lovecraftian themed turnbased RPG?

I think my main priorities now are :

1. Grimoire V2, Fini, Sealed, Done, Forever (En route now)
2. Apocalypse Bugout
3. As-yet untitled RPG based on classic dying earth story
4. Grimoire II

"PLUGH" will go in mothballs because I just could not get up a head of steam for it after working on it for a little while.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
looks like standard unity engine bundle trash

I predict you are wrong. The demo I have running indicates I have a real winner going here. Took me years of daydreaming about the mechanics, several successive prototypes of CORPSE CREW and watching a thousand other titles get it wrong.

The raw panic of the game from the instant it starts is heart pounding immersion and very scary stuff. You'll see.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I predict you are wrong. The demo I have running indicates I have a real winner going here. Took me years of daydreaming about the mechanics, several successive prototypes of CORPSE CREW and watching a thousand other titles get it wrong.

The raw panic of the game from the instant it starts is heart pounding immersion and very scary stuff. You'll see.

tenor.gif

frajaq

Erudite
This looks like it has the potential to be an interesting Battle Royale, I wish you the best of luck Cleveland!

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
I assume those news readers will be broadcasting fake news Cleve.

And also that the 'zombies' are actually sheeple without a clue since their mobile is dead or soyboys going cold turkey on the soy-lattes with extra sugar.

No zombies of the undead variety, please. This should be a full blown hardcore realistic tough as nails survival experience (maybe enable VR in version 2 for extra immersion).

Generic-Giant-Spider

That title sounds like what would happen if the homosexuals got their way.

Cleveland Blakemore warning us of the future, like a Neanderthal Sarah Connor.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cleve,we know you have transcended human life span, but please think of us ordinary mortals who arent even be alive when these comes out.

Maybe, inyour time scale, it will a blink of an eye,but it is several lifetime for the average person

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

I think a winner has emerged from the previous week of my work, which has been devoted to getting Grimoire finally complete and hours of experimentation with my old CORPSE CREW code.

I am certain now this game will be my priority project as soon as Grimoire V2 is released.

View attachment 8857

At present you can change radio stations while driving to hear emergency broadcasts, evacuation reports, bluegrass music and news readers. This alone is a pretty cool mechanic.
Looks interesting, but would be even better if you obtained the license to use the name Apocalypse Now --- not the content, just the name. It seems to be free for a computer game at the moment. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom