Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Arcania: Gothic 4 – Theatre of the Absurd

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Silellak said:
Pussies. If I can do Ultima 7 on the SNES, they can do Arcania.
Since you did U7 SNES, you're perfectly suited for this LP. ;)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Sceptic said:
Silellak said:
Pussies. If I can do Ultima 7 on the SNES, they can do Arcania.
Since you did U7 SNES, you're perfectly suited for this LP. ;)

A man does have a limit on his sanity completely breaking. Give the poor man a break. ;)

Yggdrasil

Educated
So Arcania tuned out to be a shit. Whoa, that was completely unexpected :roll:

From this review, looks like it's not even the so-bad-it's-actually-good kind of bad. Just the boring-to-death kind of bad. Too bad that newfags will learn to associate the name of Gothic with this piece of crap.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jaesun said:
So basically it is SO bad SKIDROW wont bother to do a cracked patch? ;)

EDIT: And dude! You would be a real BRO if you did do a LP. :bro:

Yeah it would appear to have been forgotten by the scene from day one and that rarely happens. I hope at least they release a patch, any patch, to fix the color of the protagonists hair or something(as this is the type of 'patch' Jewood shits out usually), just so some group bothers to make an update. No fucking way will I bother with the stuttering as well.

It will be tricky to do an LP of this thing, what with real life interrupting all the time, but since it's so short a turd, I think I could manage it. Besides I need to up my 'Dex cred rather than just baiting Liberal most times :P Watch this space ;)

Yggdrasil said:
So Arcania tuned out to be a shit. Whoa, that was completely unexpected :roll:

Well there's 'shit' and there's 'SHIT!' and I expected at least something better than Forsaken Fags; if only because I expected Jewood to learn at least something from that disaster.

@ Darth Roxor

Fantastic review good sir!

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
commie said:
Well there's 'shit' and there's 'SHIT!' and I expected at least something better than Forsaken Fags; if only because I expected Jewood to learn at least something from that disaster.

As dumbed-down as I expected it to be I at least thought it would be an open-world RPG... turns out not even that was a good bet.

DefJam101

Arcane
arcania0103.jpg
ULUM-ULU ring? Would be kinda clever if it wasn't a ring — or do they not understand their own joke?

Suppose I should be surprised that at least one of them played Gothic 1...

Murk

Arcane
DefJam101 said:
ULUM-ULU ring? Would be kinda clever if it wasn't a ring — or do they not understand their own joke?

Suppose I should be surprised that at least one of them played Gothic 1...

The ring's description makes sense actually, as it doesn't state whether or not the person in question HAD an ulu-mulu but rather that he was screaming it out while he was killed, eaten, and his remains turned into a ring.

I guess the joke here is that not every Orc tribe respects the Ulu-Mulu and some idiot thought he was being clever walking into the tribe's camp with it only to find that the Island and the mainland are a very, very different place.

Tycn said:
Why spend 15 hours on something you don't enjoy and aren't getting paid for? Good review but that disturbs me a little.

Members of the codex kinda put him up to it, not to say that he was peer-pressured, but more like requested to do it because, what I imagine, was the experience of his Risen review that was also well done.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Jaime Lannister said:
looks like roxor used american colors :smug:

No, not really. One or two of these screens maybe amerikkkan, but mostly they are grimdark european.

Darth Roxor, I upped a link to your review to the fanboys at World of Gothic. (Un)Surprisingly, you're getting a few fanposts!

I posted the link to the CD-Action forum. It was removed in a few hours. Guess the Gestapo doesn't like antagonising opinions :smug:

Tycn said:
Why spend 15 hours on something you don't enjoy and aren't getting paid for? Good review but that disturbs me a little.

Because writing a rantfest and having it displayed in public afterwards is satisfying as shit.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
"I posted the link to the CD-Action forum. It was removed in a few hours. Guess the Gestapo doesn't like antagonising opinions :smug: "

Faggots gonna censor....
Shows you hit the right buttons... :)

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Isn't Alistair one of their famous anti-Codex trolls? I seem to remember him from the Cesspool-thread plus he's always salivating to fellate all the new games. Proper Biowhore.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Alistair is a fuckhead. It's strange, but fuckheads on other forums seem even more retarded than those that show up here: they have this smug air of white knight faggotry about them, as if it's their duty to defend their favorite piece of shit-no matter what- against the great unwashed. Funny thing they always seem to base their defense of said turd on blatant lies and disingenuous strawman examples that really only seem to prove the criticism of those games.

Anyway Roxorowski, you did a great service sticking that fork of reality into the eyes of the fuckers. At least the WoG guys still are happy with your efforts:

"Darth Roxor writes great reviews.
Incline."

"I enjoyed reading this review alot more than I did playing the demo"

"OMG guys! The RPGCodex review is absolutely hillarious!!!
The only review that I agree so much with.."

Satisfied customers for you Darth to wash out the filthy taste from Alistard. ;)

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Took some time to read the whole review, as opposed to skimming.

Very, very good stuff. It could've so easily been a "this is shitshitshit" review, but instead you went into painful detail about how and why everything sucks.

Good job as usual. :salute:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
SCO said:
It's called arkania to mooch off of the Realms of Arkania series, that was especially popular in germany.

It was called Das Schwarze Auge: Die Nordland-Trilogie in the Reich, though.

So no, they probably just tried attracting newfags by not calling it Gothic 4.
I'll just skip this, then, and play Risen 2 when it comes out.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Haha, oh wow, Sir_Brennus joined the retardo train at rpgwatch. I sure love me sum Sir_Brennus, oh yes I do.

Gobbo

Novice
Wait, he's still defending this piece of shit?

:lol: :lol:

edit: hmm I guess when your opinion gets fucked by facts, your only chance is to say "it's codex, fuck them". great arguments. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom