Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum builds

gunman

Arcane
Developer
yup, the dog is a real beast!

Sogg is even more ridiculous than Dog because he can also wear bronzed plate + shield + rest of armor pieces with no encumbrance for excellent protection. Give him a katana at start and a heavy barbarian blade later and he destroys everything in one round. Actually just Dog + Sogg are enough to win all the fights, the rest of your followers will stand watching.

Tip: use potion of agility on Sogg to destroy boss enemies way above your level in one round.

Carceri

Arcane
Bros, have anyone tried to complete the game with a talker/CHA build? is it possible/viable? Any tips?
It's absolutely fine, I completed the game with character like that without any problem. You can have a shitload of characters (something like 5 or 6 i believe) and game gets ridiculously easy because of that. You can just stand there and let your goons do the fighting. Maybe level up guns a little bit so you don't feel bad... IRC, I was able to max CHAR/Persuasion and still be a decent gunslinger.
You can go techie with Herbalism and Therapeutics still following the Charisma + Persuasion route. Doing this you will steamroll every fight, the buffs you provide to your party are ridiculously OP. Try to gather some tech chars and made them do various useful items to further equip the whole party. With previously knowledge of the game you can abuse this like there is no tomorrow. You will basically have a mini-army of juggernauts.

oscar

Arcane
If you're bored of techie, don't forget to pick up the spell that lets you speak to the dead (though it will force you to have to avoid the temptation of Harm).

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If you're bored of techie, don't forget to pick up the spell that lets you speak to the dead (though it will force you to have to avoid the temptation of Harm).
Nah, bro. I won't be bored by tech, I just dislike magic in games in general:smug:

Wow, I read the thread and the game appears to be even more awesome than I remember:lol:

The sequel is necessary:incline:

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
So I started a high CHA gunslinger. I'm now in Tarant after discovering P. Schuyler & Sons.

My party is Virgil, Sogg and Magnus (he replaced Jayna Stiles). They're all p. useless in combat. Even being a half-assed marksman my character kills 90% of mobs. How could this be helped?

So I started a high CHA gunslinger. I'm now in Tarant after discovering P. Schuyler & Sons.

My party is Virgil, Sogg and Magnus (he replaced Jayna Stiles). They're all p. useless in combat. Even being a half-assed marksman my character kills 90% of mobs. How could this be helped?
Balanced swords.

Carceri

Arcane

Balanced swords.
Pyrotechnic axes

Perkel

Arcane
Biggest crime developers made was giving handful of NPC short stories and only few of them voice. Because for most new people it feels like Vergil and Magnus are important.
Where by the end of game you realize that there is literally no reason beside small arc that you need to stick with them.

So pro advice if you are playing it first time. Shit on NPC story arcs and focus on getting NPCs who would complete your team in good way.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Biggest crime developers made was giving handful of NPC short stories and only few of them voice. Because for most new people it feels like Vergil and Magnus are important.
Where by the end of game you realize that there is literally no reason beside small arc that you need to stick with them.

So pro advice if you are playing it first time. Shit on NPC story arcs and focus on getting NPCs who would complete your team in good way.
It's my fifth time IRC, I just didn't bother collecting party/raising CHA on my previous walkthroughs. I know the NPCs are mostly nonessential in Arcanum, I just wanted to have fun making a mob this time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom