Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum Multiverse Edition

k0syak

Cipher
So... nobody else is getting AI freezes? it is quickly becoming unplayable for me.

Had the NPCs freeze in two areas (not in combat though) - behind the locked building by the doctor in Shrouded Hills and between Tarant Docks station and the wall of the warehouse.
Also random crashes and sudden reaction changes to min/max once every few hours, but nothing too annoying.
Maybe check the settings? I've got everything but the auto-update disabled under Basic Settings.

Parabalus

Arcane
So... nobody else is getting AI freezes? it is quickly becoming unplayable for me.

No problems at all, but I do combat exclusively in real time. I still noticed enemies would sometimes get stuck for a few second, but they quickly start running again. Had no crashes or funky reaction modifiers.

I did have NPCs seemingly flee from combat randomly, 2-3 times, they run through walls and off map the map, but a quick reload fixed it.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath

Had the NPCs freeze in two areas (not in combat though) - behind the locked building by the doctor in Shrouded Hills and between Tarant Docks station and the wall of the warehouse.
Also random crashes and sudden reaction changes to min/max once every few hours, but nothing too annoying.
Maybe check the settings? I've got everything but the auto-update disabled under Basic Settings.
I haven't had any freezes in the last day, but I've read in an old forum that sometimes companion AI can do that, especially when closed doors block pathing. Proposed solution is hitting spacebar twice, which should make you lose a round; I will try that if it happens again.

Your stuck companions are probably just locked in aggro with unreachable enemies inside buildings, that one is an old issue.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Probably not feasible with a mod if it hasn't been done after 15 years of modding, but if someone managed to make companions player-controlled, it would be a wet dream.

Modron

Arcane
Probably not feasible with a mod if it hasn't been done after 15 years of modding, but if someone managed to make companions player-controlled, it would be a wet dream.

You never know. Modders managed to make it happen for Fallout.
But real question is would you even want to use companions better? Remember in arcanum experience is granted based on hp damage done to enemies and from quests. Granted I guess min maxers could just end their turns.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
"No one intelligent claims they can be successful at Fall Out's combat without save scuming"

Ladies, please summon the roflcopter

So, you played a combat build and were able to not have to reload taking on hordes of enemies and deathclaws? I don't just hi9hgly doubt it - I am sure you have no idea what you are talking about. It is a mathematical impossibility.

This can be easily solved. Start up FO 1, go to the first raider camp where the girl was kidnapped and kill everyone there and record your fight kicking ass and taking names without needing to reload. I'd love to see this piece of magic.
Retard

Sure, I'm the retard. You are like super smart or something!

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
the AI freezes never returned, which is great.

however I'm a bit concerned... leveled up to 17 but my followers stayed at 16 (Virgil, usually on par with me) and 2 (drunkard ogre) without leveling up. Weird.

Last edited:

Poseidon

Educated
Gotta love how a thread about a NEW (and possibly definitive) Arcanum Mod turned into a discussion about how Marmite this game is, how shitty the combat is, how someone's IQ is equivalent to that of a cactus, how their mom has large quantities of coetus with different NPCs, how their dad should've deposited their fissionable material in a sink or the kind of fetishes their one weird uncle has...

Anyway...

I've been pondering yet another Arcanum playthrough for a while now (BTW, Arcanum is THE SHIT, end of discussion there) and have been looking for something like this. I've played a bit of Drog's UAP Arcanum, but not too much. Generally, I think all my full playthrough have been on the vanilla game (prolly 1.0.7.5, who knows...). I'm reluctant to play WIP (which seems more extensive than UAP), but it removes the level cap mod! And the way I play, I'm lvl 50 halfway through the main storyline. No sir, I need my LVL 127 or w/e is the maximum.

So to get to the point:

Does this mod remove the level cap?

If it doesn't, can I use the patch to do it?

And if yes to any of those, is it or is it not better than Drog's so far?

My memory must be playing tricks with me - didn't UAP feature item highlighting? Its annoying once again to hunt stuff in the ground.

Lol my Dwarf Mage utterly sucks. I can now cast three spells, tops! Whee! I picked a sickly character so I'm barely good enough to fight rats in melee combat. I usually hope Virgil takes them down into unconsciousness so I can beat on them for XP lol.

From time to time I end up unconscious as Virgil has to fight it out and win by himself. Had a close shave with a surprisingly strong Kite Berserker near Arbalah's house.

Only reason to run high-INT builds as a mage is to spam buffs (and it's a very good reason). I don't think the maintained cost of buffs doubles, so you should be able to mow through areas once you can buff up to 20/20 Str/Dex and get decent weapon skills.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
BMC was easy though, just beat the fuckers with bare hands and no armour equipped. Works pretty well.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
BMC was easy though, just beat the fuckers with bare hands and no armour equipped. Works pretty well.

My memory tells me it was piss easy to do the golems with Harm back in the day, but I just tried with my technologist and wasn't easy at all, companions die in like 3 hits. The game is SO much fun and interesting when you go the technology route!

Last edited:

k0syak

Cipher
My memory tells me it was piss easy to do the golems with Harm back in the day, but I just tried with my technologist and wasn't easy at all, companions die in like 3 hits. The game is SO much fun and interesting when you go the technology route!
Went through everyone in BMM like a knife through butter. Had Sog and Magnus wielding pyro axes and the PC with LGR. The traps were more annoying, had to run outside and rest several times.

Macbeth

Scholar
Who do I ask about the exact content of the patch?

The notes mention that the mod took the best content from UAP - can you tell us which fixes/options were not taken?
Sorry, I cannot tell exactly. It was a couple years ago. We've implemented everything that is not controversial. We used everything what looks logical and balanced. Actually is was almost everything.

Extra animations - are we talking about this mod?
As far as I know animations were taken from recovered beta-version.

Are there plans to include something like Equilibrium in the future?
I don't know what it is. Although I try to read all readmes and if I like some moments I can recommend them for implementation to Korvell - our technician.

To everyone.
I'm not reading the whole topic because of lots of flame, so if you find some bugs or you have any suggestions - mark you text with some color. That will help me not to miss it. Thanks.

Macbeth

Scholar
Poseidon, in current version there is no level cap removal, but the following version will have such option - too many requests about it.
As far as I heard someone had positive experience of using patch.

And I assume for playing the next version you have to restart the game.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
Poseidon, in current version there is no level cap removal, but the following version will have such option - too many requests about it.

IMHO the fun thing here and what makes the game replayable is the need to choose what to raise in 50 levels.

Poseidon

Educated

I'll just wait for that to come out before starting a new game. Everything looks great though, thanks for your work!
So I'm assuming that would be 1.3.1.0 or something like that? Any rough idea when we can expect that? I can read Russian and understand to a very basic degree, but couldn't find much development news on your forum.

IMHO the fun thing here and what makes the game replayable is the need to choose what to raise in 50 levels.

I'm not that kind of a player. I'm one those people who sits and plans ahead, trying to do everything and max everything out, do every quest (I don't like red in my Journal ok...) and get every last bit of XP. I'm not a fan of running 10 different characters, just because they'll have different backgrounds/racial bonuses. That way, I can say I've seen and done everything in a game and move on to the next one.

Macbeth

Scholar
Poseidon,
Maybe you already know that we have several projects:
1) Arcanum Multiverse Edition - main body of the game with improvements;
http://www.another-arcanum.ru/forum/index.php?topic=11.0
2) Mappers Mode - locations improvements and modification:
https://vk.com/another_arcanum?z=album-72911622_236754892
3) Sir's Expectations Modpack (SEM, optional installation) - more deep improvements, enchancing of dialogues/locations, new music, scripts, quests: https://vk.com/another_arcanum?z=album-72911622_238905935
http://www.another-arcanum.ru/forum/index.php?topic=20.0 - you have to use google to translate it, sorry. Not ready now in English.

First two are making for both languages, while third one needs to be translated to English. I will do that, but it'll take some time.
So exept of the 3rd point new version is planned to release in April.
First SEM needs to be finished, then I need time to translate it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So much stuff to choose:
1. Become master of diplo, increase CH/Persuade.
2. Thievery skills. Stealing, lock-pics, backstabbing (ok, not quite thievery...), etc.
3. Get yourself spells or tech, depending on which path you want to follow. I personally prefer going tech to get stuff like Pyro Ax and electric rings.

1. Maybe.
2. Nah, not much need for it.
3. I don't use either.

k0syak

Cipher
Hey, I've been meaning to ask about this bug:

Suddentl, Virgil says something like "I dislike you and would't think of joining you", then his opinion of the player goes like down to -2934749437 something (seriously) and attacks one or two seconds after. This happened twice with me - once when I loaded a save in Shroudded Hills, and again shortly after we won a fight in the Bessie Toone Mine. Anyone else getting this bug?

Used to get this bug quite often in the early game, not so much any more. And it's not just Virgil, other followers get max. negative reaction as well (but the other NPCs suddenly get max. positive reaction), reloading seems to help (or quit and load if quick-load doesn't do it).

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
Went through everyone in BMM like a knife through butter. Had Sog and Magnus wielding pyro axes and the PC with LGR. The traps were more annoying, had to run outside and rest several times.

Finally crafted my first pyro-axe for lvl 24 Magnus and... it performs poorly. he prefers to equip the balanced sword so I had to remove it from his inventory. He manages to do one attack with it vs the 5 attacks he does with the balanced sword (AGI 15), and while he sometimes hits in the high range, the single blow he delivers is usually quite underwhelming, when it doesn't miss or is dodged. It's like if fire damage wasn't working well. Gave him back the balanced sword and he's again murdering enemies left and right. Weird, maybe it'll become better later on?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom