Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum: What requirements to aquire Loghaire, the dwarven ?

Lannister

Novice
Hello,

I have the following question:
In the main plot i have found King Loghaire of the wheel clan, but cannot convince him to come with me. However i heard that this is possible.
I am expert in persuasion, have max skill in Persuasion, Charisma 20, Intelligence 8.

Hoewever he wont join me.

Any help is very appreciated.
Further on another Question from my different post, where noone seems to answer anymore:
How do i make Sogg drink the wine i bougt him and how do i make Magnus learn a new technical receipt ?

Thanks in advance,
L.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I think that your intelligence is too low. You need high intel to get more info from his son (forgot his name, R-something), then you convince Loghaire to take back the throne, and then he can join you.

Magnus and other followers can't learn found schematics.

Jora

Arcane
IIRC your intelligence has to be 10 or 11.

And even after you have conviced him, Loghaire doesn't join you until you find out the fate of the Black Mountain Clan.

Lannister

Novice
well i have found out about the fate of the mountain caln, about their banishment or do you mean something more which you can only find about after the wheel clan ( e.g. quintarra or stillwater ? )

Jora

Arcane
You have to talk to the leader of their banishers. So yes, that is something you can do only after the Wheel Clan.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I'm at this point. I've already spoken with Loghaire's son and got him to open the throne passage directly to Loghaire. I saved. THEN I decide to get a potion of intellect to talk to the son again, so I can ask about the Stone and the Shape. HE WON'T TALK ABOUT IT. Maxed persuasion(Expert) and 18 INT from potion of intellect. The option just doesn't appear.

Any insights into this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if the game really is fucking retarded enough to make it so I can ask his son the same random retarded questions indefinitely, but I'm only allowed to get the dialogue option about Stone and Shape the FIRST time I talk to him then I'm going to need to find a way to "circumvent" this limitation. I think it's stupid you can't go back and try again and I have no qualms about "cheating" to get what I want in this case.

Help. Me.

EDIT: I just reloaded an earlier save. Lost about 30 minutes. It has to be done the first time or you can't do it. I got it though. Grumble grumble.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You can get interesting dialog with different characters when you do it too.

The dark elf lady is a hoot.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You're screwed. Getting Loghaire is a bit of a pain in the ass. First you need to ask one of the random city dwarves about Dwarven philosophy, and he'll mention the Stone and the Shape but won't explain it. Then during the conversation with Ragvair (or whatever his name was) you need to bring up the Stone and the Shape and ask him for an explanation. That requires int 14 or so IIRC (I'm too lazy to check), but I may be remembering way too high. In any event an int potion solves that problem nicely. Once Ragvair (or whatever) explains the Stone and the Shape, you can bring that up to Loghaire when you meet him and convince him the right thing to do is to return to his people. He'll decide to join you instead.

If you have your initial conversation with Ragvair without talking about the Stone and the Shape, a local variable gets set and you can't talk about it again. To my knowledge it is practically impossible to edit local variables in Arcanum.

Edit: I should've read your edit.

Erebus

Arcane
Loghaire is such an emo bitch that not being able to make him my companion never bothered me much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom