Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Archeage beta impressions

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Did we play the same game? All I remember is summoning a bunch of spirits and waiting for them to solve all the problems.

set

Cipher
I see a lot of hype for this game. I like that it seems to have at least implemented some features no MMO has tried in years, but it stlll looks like it will play like garbage.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Youre shitting me right? There is not a single MMO that had good combat, especially hotkey-based ones are garbage by definition.
i loved gw combat and liked gw2 combat while hating every single other mmorpg combat out there, so i guess it comes down to taste.

sbb

Learned
GW2 combat was a lot more engaging than basically any other hotkey-combat MMO out there. (somehow)

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gyl8SqI.jpg

That's human?

DefJam101

Arcane
Back in prehistoric times when this game was first announced they touted it as a spiritual successor to Lineage 2, only with more sandbox and empire-building mechanics. Watching it gradually morph from that pitch into a modern actionized Blizzard MMO for discerning otaku nearly crushed my will to follow any future MMO development.

Finally received my invite to the beta I signed up for almost four years ago. And look, there it goes, into the trash

DefJam101

Arcane
what? gw combat is pretty darn solid.

Youre shitting me right? There is not a single MMO that had good combat, especially hotkey-based ones are garbage by definition.

Don't get me wrong, Darkfall was a shit game. But it was a shit game where you could kill players twice your "level" without being hit, if you were good enough.

Last edited:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Watching it gradually morph from that pitch into a modern actionized Blizzard MMO for discerning otaku nearly crushed my will to follow any future MMO development.
but you were happy when it was still supposed to be an enhanced korean grindfest 2? you're a weird dude.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Sorry, yes. I don't know why I thought you were talking about GW2.

DefJam101

Arcane
Watching it gradually morph from that pitch into a modern actionized Blizzard MMO for discerning otaku nearly crushed my will to follow any future MMO development.
but you were happy when it was still supposed to be an enhanced korean grindfest 2? you're a weird dude.
Lineage 2 was not a dull grindfest at launch. It was a grindfest, yes, but it was also a game where you could spend your time hiding in the woods and murder people to take their stuff.

Also you missed the part about adding more sandbox elements

Whiran

Magister
Since you get around 2000 lp at day and it was 25 lp for report this would look as the game was swimming in bots that noone here noticed. Or is he talking about russian version version of the game that was infamous for poor management that allowed game to be overrun and die.
You can max out at 288 Labor Points (LP) / day as a non-patron player. You get 1 LP per 5 minutes of online time. There are 1440 minutes in a day.

To report a single bot one is spending ~10% (8.7%) of their daily LP potential. Or, put another way, 25 LP represents 125 minutes (2 hours and five minutes) of play time. For a patron player that's still 25 minutes of play time assuming the current 1 LP per minute (given as 5 LP per 5 minutes) is kept. At one point patron accounts got 10 LP per 5 minutes so 2 LP per minute. Even then that's twelve and a half minutes of playtime to report a bot.

That still makes so little sense. But if they are going to take out the LP cost for reporting that'd be good.

You get lp when offline too and there is also a max cap of lp you can accumulate.
This is inaccurate. You only get LP offline if you are a patron. That's the paid part of the game. I believe the current pricing scheme is $13 USD / month for patron status.

I was looking at this game today and the whole labor point system has me totally thrown. It looks like a badly designed and implemented paywall in an free to play MMO. Plus if I were to pony up for the premium account status I would not want to be shackled by the paywall element of the game. After all, isn't that the point of going to a premium account? To get out of the "pain of fun" element of a free to play game?

Anyway, to me everything about the system screams bots. You can use someone else's labor points to do stuff if you don't have any yourself. So make yourself a few bots to supply yourself with the points.

Idling in the game is encouraged cause of how labor points accumulate.... I think I'll try to get into a beta period and check out the game myself but my expectations and hopes are extremely low. With such low expectations the game might actually be entertaining for a few hours. Maybe my initial feelings about the labor system are unwarranted.

subotaiy

Cipher
As long as open world pvp doesn't require too much crafting /meddling with this stuff I'm fine.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Since you get around 2000 lp at day and it was 25 lp for report this would look as the game was swimming in bots that noone here noticed. Or is he talking about russian version version of the game that was infamous for poor management that allowed game to be overrun and die.
You can max out at 288 Labor Points (LP) / day as a non-patron player. You get 1 LP per 5 minutes of online time. There are 1440 minutes in a day.

To report a single bot one is spending ~10% (8.7%) of their daily LP potential. Or, put another way, 25 LP represents 125 minutes (2 hours and five minutes) of play time. For a patron player that's still 25 minutes of play time assuming the current 1 LP per minute (given as 5 LP per 5 minutes) is kept. At one point patron accounts got 10 LP per 5 minutes so 2 LP per minute. Even then that's twelve and a half minutes of playtime to report a bot.

That still makes so little sense. But if they are going to take out the LP cost for reporting that'd be good.

You get lp when offline too and there is also a max cap of lp you can accumulate.
This is inaccurate. You only get LP offline if you are a patron. That's the paid part of the game. I believe the current pricing scheme is $13 USD / month for patron status.

I was looking at this game today and the whole labor point system has me totally thrown. It looks like a badly designed and implemented paywall in an free to play MMO. Plus if I were to pony up for the premium account status I would not want to be shackled by the paywall element of the game. After all, isn't that the point of going to a premium account? To get out of the "pain of fun" element of a free to play game?

Anyway, to me everything about the system screams bots. You can use someone else's labor points to do stuff if you don't have any yourself. So make yourself a few bots to supply yourself with the points.

Idling in the game is encouraged cause of how labor points accumulate.... I think I'll try to get into a beta period and check out the game myself but my expectations and hopes are extremely low. With such low expectations the game might actually be entertaining for a few hours. Maybe my initial feelings about the labor system are unwarranted.

As I said before if you plan to do any crafting in this game you need to be subscriber otherwise its not worth it. Everything beside crafting and gathering in the game and opening bags of easy money costs no lp. I think it could be good thing if they balance it a bit more and the game itself has potential to be great but everything depends how well all those promised features are implemented and how much will they gimp the game in favor of cash shop.

Drakron

Arcane
Oh my God this game is a headache ...

I got the Email saying "hey, you can play the Beta" so I downloaded Glyph, installed it ... got stuck at 15 second so deleted everything since wasnt sure if bugged, tried again, worked but then I could not pass the 3rd cinematic because it crashed.

So I checked the forums and get this.

Beta starts on the 14th.

So why the fuck did you mail it on the 12th? also why did you allow the download on the 12th and more important, why the fuck didnt put a warning when trying to start the game the Beta servers arent available and instead just dump us into desktop without any error message?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I got the Email saying "hey, you can play the Beta"
Did you even read the email? I guess this sentence wasn't good enough quest compass.

"The adventure begins at 10:00 AM PDT (GMT-7) on Thursday, August 14 and runs through 10:00 AM PDT (GMT-7) on Monday, August 18. Prepare today by downloading the game" etc.

Drakron

Arcane
I got the Email saying "hey, you can play the Beta"
Did you even read the email? I guess this sentence wasn't good enough quest compass.

"The adventure begins at 10:00 AM PDT (GMT-7) on Thursday, August 14 and runs through 10:00 AM PDT (GMT-7) on Monday, August 18. Prepare today by downloading the game" etc.

And?

Serious, why bother if they arent allowing players in or having a message saying severs are not up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom