Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Archeage beta impressions

flushfire

Augur
Tried it - Stiff movement, slow travel even when mounted, unsatisfying combat, boring quests, uninspired races and retarded UI. Wanted to give it another chance but then it wanted to download an 8gb patch, on top of the already huge 21gb client and not even one day after open beta. Fuck that shit.

Lhynn

Arcane
Tried it - Stiff movement, slow travel even when mounted, unsatisfying combat, boring quests, uninspired races and retarded UI. Wanted to give it another chance but then it wanted to download an 8gb patch, on top of the already huge 21gb client and not even one day after open beta. Fuck that shit.
The meat of the game is building shit and pvp related stuff (not combat itself but what you can do with it).
Still, i just cant take that kind of movement and combat, nor the current model. Fuck this game.

subotaiy

Cipher
Yeah, the pve questing is generic, but that's not the focus. Also, if you're not part of a guild at least decently organized and more of a solo type, this is not worth your time.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Pretty much. You're not going to get very far if you play solo.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
This is always my favorite part of MMO
schadenfreude.png

worldsmallestviolin.png

:russia:
ARCH%20afk2.jpg

icrydigitaltears.png

:butthurt:
ohnoesscammer.png

:lol: The comments. My god.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
so, is this game shit if all i care about is a crafting career?
In a "trade run" what you are moving around is a crafted good called a "Specialty Good". They can only be crafted in the regions they are a specialty of (and at one specific crafting station). Like, if you are crafting Canadian Bacon, you can only craft that in Canada. This is the middle ages, after all. So you craft your Canadian Bacon, or more seriously your Tigerspine Grape Jam, in Tigerspine, and carry it in some other area of the game where that is in demand. These goods are not needed by players, the demand is artificial and issued by NPCs, but if a player steals your pack they can deliver it in your place and get 80% of its value (20% goes to the original owner, as consolation).

The player economy does not only revolve around these NPC-demanded packs, but this is the mechanic that forces (for the "build token" rewards) players to move around the map at walking speed (or sailing), creating targets for emergent open PvP gameplay. At least these were the intentions. How healthy this kind of gameplay will be in a developed server is another story that I cannot predict.

Canadian bacon. Heh.

graphics lag, animations vanish, crashed after less than 10 minutes and it's always the same "stand still and wait to win" gameplay.
i can definitely live without this.

RK47

Patron
Amazing patience!
w9YPE5C.jpg

Kicked by GM for afk mount leveling
frown.gif

Now need to use click macros to afk liao too obvious. Just set a macro which tap W once every 40 mins. No one will notice u.

wah piang why got dced by GOD!
now have to re que at 3000+

well fug me upside down.
Been in Q since 9am from 4k till 900+ tio DC now back to 3k+
FML

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The amazing sandbox PvP game where 95% of online players are idle-botting.

Terpsichore

Arcane
It's REALLY hard to find any PvP, you are better off killing your own faction because at least that's not gated behind a myriad of conditions and cockblocked by safe zones.

Everyone's whining about labor and P2W but what's really a deal breaker is that there isn't anything to do even if you dump your paycheck into cash shop. Unless you enjoy glorified farmville on Cryengine 3, of course.

Thanks, modern gaming.

:hero:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Whew, the queues are really something. Making a character in Melisara server. Would be cool to have Codex guild. If the game doesn't totally suck, that is.

Angthoron

Arcane
If the game doesn't totally suck, that is.

It does, it's P2W.
Care to explain? Non-subscribers being treated like dirt isn't P2W in my book btw :D
Because you can buy "labor point tonic" at cash store for money that gives 75% of daily maximum attainable LPs. You can only get the remaining 25% normally without opening your wallet. And that's IF you have a sub. Else it's half of that.

Also crafting mats, you either buy them or spend tons of time grinding and spending LPs to open boxes for material lottery boxes.

Castanova

Prophet
It's REALLY hard to find any PvP, you are better off killing your own faction because at least that's not gated behind a myriad of conditions and cockblocked by safe zones.

Everyone's whining about labor and P2W but what's really a deal breaker is that there isn't anything to do even if you dump your paycheck into cash shop. Unless you enjoy glorified farmville on Cryengine 3, of course.

Thanks, modern gaming.

:hero:

Not sure what you mean. Once you get into the level 30+ zones, it's open PvP pretty much non-stop. I was trying to get some questing done and it wasn't even possible due to so many people running around fighting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom