Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are mods allowed to edit user posts?

DraQ

Arcane
On the basic question of "are mods allowed to edit posts", the answer is yes. Usually to remove evil links to pirated software which is wrong, or make the Codex "safe for work" so that children can browse in safety.

For no reason other than to be an ass?
On the issue as to whether our mods are asses, yes many of them are. We also have one big asshole of an Administrator.

In this thread:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/toee-win7-troubles.82741/

I am giving helpful advice.

A mod decided to edit my post which said "undocumented something or other" with "undomesticated snowmen"
There's no "undocumented" anything in the post in question. Just "certain undomesticated snowman interpretations"

Now while funny, I'd rather it not happen again. I'd prefer my posts to reflect my own thoughts and my own vocab, tyvm.
Yes, it is indeed very funny, I'm glad you agree. But your thoughts are wrong and stupid and so are automatically corrected by our "Wrong and Stupid Thought Detector" software, commonly triggered by use of the L-word on the Codex. Many people in modern countries find the L-word offensive and so the software chooses a phrase which is both more accurate and far less offensive. Not doing this would be like allowing people to say "you stupid faggot nigger cunt-face of a whore" and if we allow people to say things like that, then the next thing you know, people will be calling each other "niggers" and "faggots" everywhere.

People would make bad jokes like "Why were so many niggers killed in the Vietnam war? Because when the sergeant said to "get down", they all got up and started dancing." or "What's the difference between a fag and a refrigerator? Refrigerators don't fart when you put the meat in." and then rather than having discussions about RPGs, we'd degenerate into a political forum where people form groups that actively defend and brofist each others points but are completely incapable of making any discernible argument other than "you stupid faggot, go and suck a dick (15 people in your little group brofist this)".

The Codex is a prestigious gaming magazine and it's important that our reputation for comprehensive debate and discussion is maintained.
(7 people in your little group brofist this)

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
On the basic question of "are mods allowed to edit posts", the answer is yes. Usually to remove evil links to pirated software which is wrong, or make the Codex "safe for work" so that children can browse in safety.

For no reason other than to be an ass?
On the issue as to whether our mods are asses, yes many of them are. We also have one big asshole of an Administrator.

In this thread:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/toee-win7-troubles.82741/

I am giving helpful advice.

A mod decided to edit my post which said "undocumented something or other" with "undomesticated snowmen"
There's no "undocumented" anything in the post in question. Just "certain undomesticated snowman interpretations"

Now while funny, I'd rather it not happen again. I'd prefer my posts to reflect my own thoughts and my own vocab, tyvm.
Yes, it is indeed very funny, I'm glad you agree. But your thoughts are wrong and stupid and so are automatically corrected by our "Wrong and Stupid Thought Detector" software, commonly triggered by use of the L-word on the Codex. Many people in modern countries find the L-word offensive and so the software chooses a phrase which is both more accurate and far less offensive. Not doing this would be like allowing people to say "you stupid faggot nigger cunt-face of a whore" and if we allow people to say things like that, then the next thing you know, people will be calling each other "niggers" and "faggots" everywhere.

People would make bad jokes like "Why were so many niggers killed in the Vietnam war? Because when the sergeant said to "get down", they all got up and started dancing." or "What's the difference between a fag and a refrigerator? Refrigerators don't fart when you put the meat in." and then rather than having discussions about RPGs, we'd degenerate into a political forum where people form groups that actively defend and brofist each others points but are completely incapable of making any discernible argument other than "you stupid faggot, go and suck a dick (15 people in your little group brofist this)".

The Codex is a prestigious gaming magazine and it's important that our reputation for comprehensive debate and discussion is maintained.
(7 people in your little group brofist this)

I do have to admit, the satire is quite amusing.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Female posters that can stand 'tits asshole lol dead woman tits lol stick the 10 meter pole up ur ass lol dead women tropes stupid cuntisiyan lol' jokes?
:what:
What laboratory produces those?
Probably the same one that produces male Codexers :P .

So it's like male Codexers but without a dick? Man, there must be a serious fault in the hardware.
(Maybe that's the reason why Jaesun was so sad some time ago).

Cassidy

Arcane
This joke got old already. It breaks links and has no place outside of GD and Politics, where chefe and bryce alts those who love to blame libruls for everything and to label everyone who disagrees with their political and religious opinions as liberals reside. At least disable this silly word filter everywhere else.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What happened, Roguey?
If you're referring to post deletion, I told a couple of her ideological opponents about her history here last year. Rather than adopt a "Yeah, so?" position like a sane person would (she's not), she denied and started revising history a bit too late in a feeble attempt to hide the connections.

ColCol

Arcane
What happened, Roguey?
If you're referring to post deletion, I told a couple of her ideological opponents about her history here last year. Rather than adopt a "Yeah, so?" position like a sane person would (she's not), she denied and started revising history a bit too late in a feeble attempt to hide the connections.

So, you acted like a cliche gossipy female?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom