Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are There Any Classic Horror Movie Games?

Khor1255

Arcane
I had a game called Nocturne that seemed to be somewhat along the lines of 30s and 40s horror movies but it was so incredibly linear and the monsters were just about powerless. I'm wondering because it would make a very cool mystery type action adventure game if done correctly.

Khor1255

Arcane
The first one looked like a cheesy 80s slasher type game and the second was more like a 50s drive in type.

What I mean is classic movie monsters like The Wolfman, Dracula, Frankenstein etc. The premise might either be as an investigator, someone being pursued by one of the monsters, a researcher who stumbles upon this stuff... I'd kind of be surprised in no one tried that.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Bride of Frankenstein:

Bram Stoker's Dracula (MS-DOS version)

There also was a 3rd person perspective Dracula game, along the lines of Head Over Heels and Atic-Atac, on the 8-bits.

Khor1255

Arcane
These all look very old. But thanks, that's what I was talking about.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Three games come to mind. Horror fps Call of Cthulhu and Undying

Also the adventure game Still Life, the presentation is reminiscent of Nocturne but it does not have action sequences. Just puzzles.

:Flash:

Arcane
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi
The game - as the name implies - is basically a classic horror movie meets FPS. It has a relatively short time limit and the castle is randomly generated for each playthrough.

Also there was a Plan 9 from Outer Space game, but that's probably not what you'd expect. You have to recover the film reels that have been stolen by Bela Lugosi's double.

Khor1255

Arcane
Ahh, cool. Still life seems to ring a bell.

Anyone have experience with this game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom