Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are there any codex approved games that are actually good?

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
I'm having troubles finding one.

Sjukob

Arcane
Fallout 1-2 .

Also Gothic I-II .

If you want to start a shitstorm , provide a detailed explanation on why Plancescape is garbage , make sure to tell that there is too much reading and too little gameplay . Also you can try proving POE to be a superior sequel to BG .

Last edited:

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
provide a detailed explanation on why Plancescape is garbage , make sure to tell that there is too much reading and too little gameplay .
In case of planescape if you wanted to make it good removing walls of text wouldn't help. The game is botched so heavily that you'd have to start from ground-up. I don't even know why do people pretend to like this game. Is it some ancient internet meme or what

ArchAngel

Arcane
Underrail. Just avoid that overhyped shit called AoD
Shitstorm incoming?
Did I do well?

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
Underrail. Just avoid that overhyped shit called AoD
Shitstorm incoming?
Did I do well?
AoD is frustrating to play and encourages skillpoint saving and savescumming but the dungeon crawler project will turn well because the combat is plain good, but yeah, it's overhyped by itself. Play it 7 times, lol I've finished it once and had enough.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout: New Vegas
Planescape: Torment
Deus Ex
Morrowind

I have a big list of rpgs to play, but those I've played (especially Morrowind and New Vegas) and enjoyed.

Trashos

Arcane
I have played 7 games out of the Codex Top 10, and I like all 7 of them. I am not sure what that means though.

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
Planescape: Torment
shit

The whole "lol Planescrap is the best gaym ever" thing has to stop. If you don't want to read a book it's terrible RPG, if you want to read a book you better pick some proper literature because this shit is on neckbeard level.
Fallout: New Vegas
shit

I don't understand how codex can bash Fallout 3 and like this piece of crap. It's literally the same game with minor improvements
Morrowind
shit

If I wanted to explain somebody why Bethesda is completely shit game developer I'd pick this abomination as my proof. Okay, I'd pick oblivion but Moronwind is next in the line.
Nice one.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
shit

The whole "lol Planescrap is the best gaym ever" thing has to stop. If you don't want to read a book it's terrible RPG, if you want to read a book you better pick some proper literature because this shit is on neckbeard level.

Never said it's the best game ever. If anything, my best game ever is between Vagrant Story and Skyrim, both of which are not really RPGs. The first, solely because of its sheer brilliance. The second, solely because of its huge replayability and mod availability. No other game I've played really comes close to Skyrim other than Morrowind, and even if Morrowind is a much better RPG, I can only play it for so long before I become bored.

shit

I don't understand how codex can bash Fallout 3 and like this piece of crap. It's literally the same game with minor improvements

My bad, I didn't read your title.

dumbfuck.gif

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
shit

Never said it's the best game ever. If anything, my best game ever is between Vagrant Story and Skyrim, both of which are not really RPGs. The first, solely because of its sheer brilliance. The second, solely because of its huge replayability and mod availability. No other game I've played really comes close to Skyrim other than Morrowind, and even if Morrowind is a much better RPG, I can only play it for so long before I become bored.
:prosper:

pippin

My bad, I didn't read your title.

dumbfuck.gif

You didn't had the balls to create your own thread to bash Arcanum, Iren did it for you. I don't think you're in a position to do that. And we're not even mentioning your issues with Gothic's controls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom