Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are there any codex approved games that are actually good?

Electryon

Savant
As I've mentioned before, it seems the only RPGs that have ever been made worth playing according to the collective wisdom of this forum are Fallout 1 & 2, Age of Decadence and UnderRail.

Shin

Cipher
As I've mentioned before, it seems the only RPGs that have ever been made worth playing according to the collective wisdom of this forum are Fallout 1 & 2, Age of Decadence and UnderRail.

Im pretty sure F2 is considered shit because of all the pop references that appear in it. Age of Decadence is a CYOA game and not really a rpg and nobody even fucking finished UR so the hiveminds opinion on it is flawed.

so yeah, Fallout.

Lhynn

Arcane
More like fallout 1, JA2 and deus ex.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/rpg-codexs-top-50-crpgs-results-and-reviews.89680/
Most games on the above list is at least worth trying, and and a lot of them is at least decent. At least a dozen is good or very good.

And when it comes to non-crpg, there are plenty of games Codexers fap to furiously. Literally dozens of them. To noot look too far: most games made by Paradox. And from old classics just look for almost anything made (or even only published) by Microprose in the 80s or 90s that is not flight-sim related.

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
Most games on the above list is at least worth trying, and and a lot of them is at least decent

Lol ur a retard.

Let me put it like that:
1 Planescape: Torment

Absolute utter shit

4 Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
5 Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
6 Vampire: The Mascarade - Bloodlines
7 The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
8 Fallout: New Vegas

Absolute utter shit

12 Neverwinter Nights 2 - Mask of the Betrayer

Absolute utter shit

14 Dark Souls

Who the fuck plays this shit

19 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II – The Sith Lords

guess what, shit

22 System Shock 2
24 The Witcher

shit

29 Alpha Protocol

shit

33 Dragon Age: Origins

shit

35 The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

shit

40 Icewind Dale II
40 The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

shit

45 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
47 Anachronox

shit

47 Geneforge

vogel's shit

52 Drakensang: River of Time

shit

56 Deus Ex: Human Revolution

popamole shit

Almost every second game from that list is shit, codex has absolutely horrible taste in games.

Efe

Erudite
i dont know its codex opinion but try skyshines bedlam

MasPingon

Arcane
Seriously, wtf is wrong with you to take this troll bait? Are there any decent posters still here or this place went full retard?

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Just add some mods on top, faggot. It stops being FNV at that point, but it's more enjoyable that way.
shit AI that makes the game horribly boring is an issue that was never addressed by any mod as far as I know

AI stops being a problem when you level up the playing field. Try Project Nevada + JSawyer + Vicious Wastes. I didn't notice the awful AI as I was too busy dying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom