Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are there any codex approved games that are actually good?

purpleblob

Savant
Most games on the above list is at least worth trying, and and a lot of them is at least decent

Lol ur a retard.

Let me put it like that:
1 Planescape: Torment

Absolute utter shit

4 Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
5 Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
6 Vampire: The Mascarade - Bloodlines
7 The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
8 Fallout: New Vegas

Absolute utter shit

12 Neverwinter Nights 2 - Mask of the Betrayer

Absolute utter shit

14 Dark Souls

Who the fuck plays this shit

19 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II – The Sith Lords

guess what, shit

22 System Shock 2
24 The Witcher

shit

29 Alpha Protocol

shit

33 Dragon Age: Origins

shit

35 The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

shit

40 Icewind Dale II
40 The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

shit

45 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
47 Anachronox

shit

47 Geneforge

vogel's shit

52 Drakensang: River of Time

shit

56 Deus Ex: Human Revolution

popamole shit

Almost every second game from that list is shit, codex has absolutely horrible taste in games.

Not exactly sure what you are after. Sounds like you already have list of good games in your head and disapproves of what others/Codex think. So why do you even ask question? You think those games are shit? Then don't play them. Simple. Stop asking dumb questions.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
To me it sounds like he doesn't like isometric games and prefers classical blobbers.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Most games on the above list is at least worth trying, and and a lot of them is at least decent

Lol ur a retard.

Let me put it like that:
1 Planescape: Torment

Absolute utter shit

4 Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
5 Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
6 Vampire: The Mascarade - Bloodlines
7 The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
8 Fallout: New Vegas

Absolute utter shit

12 Neverwinter Nights 2 - Mask of the Betrayer

Absolute utter shit

14 Dark Souls

Who the fuck plays this shit

19 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II – The Sith Lords

guess what, shit

22 System Shock 2
24 The Witcher

shit

29 Alpha Protocol

shit

33 Dragon Age: Origins

shit

35 The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

shit

40 Icewind Dale II
40 The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

shit

45 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
47 Anachronox

shit

47 Geneforge

vogel's shit

52 Drakensang: River of Time

shit

56 Deus Ex: Human Revolution

popamole shit

Almost every second game from that list is shit, codex has absolutely horrible taste in games.
Wait, almost every second game... after you posted shit under all the games... the fuck did I just read? Man, I think you have autism or something. Get yourself checked out.

Electryon

Savant
This place is amazing, truly. An entire forum dedicated to the intricacies of a genre that a large number of the posters obviously can't stand. If a person can't admit to at least one great game between Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate 2, Dark Souls, either Witcher game, Fallout: New Vegas, or Morrowind, then maybe these just aren't the type of games they should be playing.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
This place is amazing, truly. An entire forum dedicated to the intricacies of a genre that a large number of the posters obviously can't stand. If a person can't admit to at least one great game between Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate 2, Dark Souls, either Witcher game, Fallout: New Vegas, or Morrowind, then maybe these just aren't the type of games they should be playing.

Bah! All popamole! Theres hasn't been a good CRPG since Wizardry 1.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Skyrim & Fallout 4

Just look at many rpg codex steam profiles, if most of them have so many hours in either game how can it be nothing but an rpg masterpiece?

Beggar

Cipher
Maybe because of the forum? To be honest, It's pretty mind blowing to see that most of you enjoy New Vegas ("well, if modded it's ok to like it right?"), Skyrim ("well, if modded it's ok to like it right?") Dark Souls 2 & 3, Final Fantasies etc.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
Maybe because of the forum?

If one thinks the codex has horrible taste in games then why would one waste his/her time posting here? Just to troll? If so then that is just pathetically sad.

It's pretty mind blowing to see that most of you enjoy New Vegas

How is this mind blowing? Despite the abomination that is the Gamebyro engine, it's imo one of the best RPG's made in the last decade. Have you even played it?

Beggar

Cipher
Maybe because of the forum?

If one thinks the codex has horrible taste in games then why would one waste his/her time posting here? Just to troll? If so then that is just pathetically sad.

It's pretty mind blowing to see that most of you enjoy New Vegas

How is this mind blowing? Despite the abomination that is the Gamebyro engine, it's imo one of the best RPG's made in the last decade. Have you even played it?

Yes, I have played it. I have a tendency to first try and only then judge. The only good thing I found was surreal and quirky feeling. But it's hard to say if it was intentional, it might be because of the old engine and plastic non characteristic characters. Just when NW came out, everyone was yelling how good it is. Since I didn't like F3 so I gave it a shot. And after 30 minutes i wanted to massacre whole Goodsprings village with all those empty walking encyclopedias. Came back to it after 3 years, finished it and felt a bit shit in my mouth. It's not that it's bad, some parts were from good to pretty good, but basically the whole multiple hours experience was just OK.

If New Vegas is one of the best, then why Fallout 3 is bad? Why Skyrim is bad? Like someone else said here: you bash F3, yet you all consider NW as one of the best. WTF, really? It's basically the same thing, just some better writing and few other nuances. And DLC's are pretty terrible

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Actuallly i believe none of those you mentioned is great but since your selection (6x first person action-rpg hybrids vs 2 that aren't) is retarded as the whole statement i don't feel that i "can't stand" anything. I still like crpg genre (to a point). Crpg as in good actual crpgs (you know, stuff like Fallout 1/2 or Jagged Alliance 2 or Underrail if you want something more recent). Do i tell you to go play action games because crpgs are clearly a genre you don't like ? No i don't and i won't. Just you don't force your questionable taste and preferences on others.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
If New Vegas is one of the best, then why Fallout 3 is bad? Why Skyrim is bad? Like someone else said here: you bash F3, yet you all consider NW as one of the best. WTF, really? It's basically the same thing, just some better writing and few other nuances. And DLC's are pretty terrible

This is the proof that you actually barely played NV. Cause otherwise you wouldn't be asking this question. Ah well, your loss.

Beggar

Cipher

This is the proof that you actually barely played NV. Cause otherwise you wouldn't be asking this question. Ah well, your loss.

Then tell me what I have missed

Declinator

Arbiter

Then tell me what I have missed

Not much.

Its basically the same thing but with better quest design, much better C&C and more interesting writing.

Only downside of NV is Gamebyro

Better writing than F3 but still much worse than the original Fallout. People like to make fun of the vampires in F3 but conveniently forget all the cosplayers (such as the Elvis faction) in NV.

But the worst thing about both F3 and NV is the combat. Most of the time in the game will be spent in that horrible horrible combat.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Better writing than F3 but still much worse than the original Fallout. People like to make fun of the vampires in F3 but conveniently forget all the cosplayers (such as the Elvis faction) in NV.

The Kings as a faction made sense, even as lulzy as the concept was.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Kings were fine. Vampires were fine too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom