Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are there any words or phrases that will instantly turn you away from a game?

Machocruz

Arcane
Depth of Field
Minimap
"Old school"
Cover system (except if Vanquish)

Cadmus

Arcane
Reddit-like titles turn me away from viewing an RPG Codex thread.

If I am reading about a game and it says any of these things, I will just close the tab: Streamlined, exploration, story based, survival, early access, alpha, "addicting gameplay", awesome, arcade, stealth, achievements, horror, casual, anime, walking simulator, Blizzard, or EA.

Also usually Zombies but PVZ was an exception.
arcade, anime, casual, beat-em-up, MOBA, MMO, bullet hell,

"procedurally generated" and "tough moral choices" are the worst.
"crafting" is up there too, but it's less off-putting because in most games crafting can be safely ignored.
yeah, I fucking hate crafting, worst shit ever carrying around pieces of string and piles of lizard shit hoping to make a recipe. Fucking awful. But I do play games with it because it is so common, I just never engage in it

Weasel
"Old-school appeal for a modern audience"
"Designer: Thomas Beekers"
"Multiplatform release, but with no design compromises"
"Customise your hero with an immersive range of hairstyles"
"Now on PC"

nomask7

Arcane
I keep an open mind.

Speaking of which, can anyone recommend a great dating sim? Haven't played a dating sim yet. Don't know Japanese.

Freddie

Savant
Time travel
MMO
Diverse cast (or pretty much anything indicating game's focus is on SJW crap)
VR

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom