Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are Ubisoft and EA games dead on PC?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Ubisoft needs uplay and EA origin + EA games most have lootboxes or trading cards which you buy for $$$.

Haven't played a EA or Ubisoft game since like 7 years.

Telengard

Arcane
Their games are, unfortunately, actually some of the most popular on the planet. And that includes even here on the Codex, as the respective Assassins Creed and Battlefield threads illustrate. Plus Ubisoft does Anno*, one of the few remaining civ builders that are actually still strategy games, instead of just clickers, so they get praise there from the Tacticular Cancer folks. And Ubisoft also got a lot of praise here for that recent arcade Western shooter thing, the name of which escapes me, but the first one in the series had a preacher chasing an indian, and you played both alternately.

* In the same way that Debbie does Dallas

Ash

Arcane
Ubisoft needs uplay and EA origin + EA games most have lootboxes or trading cards which you buy for $$$.

Haven't played a EA or Ubisoft game since like 7 years.

EA: play Dead Space series
Ubisoft: play Far Cry series

Both aren't amazing, and Far Cry in particular is somewhat compromised, yet they're the only singleplayer games of the past decade from these two publishers even slightly worth a damn (in my experience).
People mentioned Titanfall 2 being worth a shot also but idk if that was just normie/modern gamer talk or people that actually know what a good game is...

the quality is dead on PC and console. shame because even these two published a lot of golden oldies back in the day, and even when their games weren't that great they were often still pretty cool :negative:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am struggling to remember the last time I got interested by an EA or Activision game.

However, Ubi still is trying in some ways. The AC series is interesting by its settings and its evolution. The Far Cry series actually try some new stuff setting-wise compared to most FPS (I haven't actually played any of these games). I am curious about Beyond Good & Evil 2. I hear the last South Park game isn't half bad. Ubi is the least worse of the big 3.

Ash

Arcane
Nah Ubi will always be figuratively Hitler for Assassins Creed.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I am struggling to remember the last time I got interested by an EA or Activision game.

However, Ubi still is trying in some ways. The AC series is interesting by its settings and its evolution. The Far Cry series actually try some new stuff setting-wise compared to most FPS (I haven't actually played any of these games). I am curious about Beyond Good & Evil 2. I hear the last South Park game isn't half bad. Ubi is the least worse of the big 3.

I still find myself hoping that some day they decide to make a worthy Clancy game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom