Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Are video games contemporary art? DISCUSS!!

Unwanted
I don't know you guys, but I assume you're not the only one retarded in your families (it's genetic), and will give you the short answer to this graphics controversy. Because when I see shit like "a great painter is not going to use sub-par canvases" I don't fucking care, but I guess I was meant to read your stupid ass shit while waiting for my brother to finally play some games. Dumb niggers.

The short answer is: there's no such thing like "visual quality" in the world of artists. One of the most visually appealing games I can recall is Antichamber. One of the most interesting contemporary painters is Barnett Newman. Both Antichamber and Newman don't give a shit about your "visual quality", you lemon meringue pie ass niggers, as there's the whole world of various techniques that you can choose from depending on the idea you want to communicate or simply show. No one gives a shit whether rocks looks like rocks or cocks for that matter. No one gives a shit whether minerals have "correct" color that, god forbid, wouldn't scratch your homo phobias.

You motherfuckers wasting everyone's time should be catching up on your education instead of littering the forum.

Lazy ass brother is finally here; it's a Duck Game time baby! Fuck you.

I don't know you guys, but I assume you're not the only one retarded in your families (it's genetic), and will give you the short answer to this graphics controversy. Because when I see shit like "a great painter is not going to use sub-par canvases" I don't fucking care, but I guess I was meant to read your stupid ass shit while waiting for my brother to finally play some games. Dumb niggers.

The short answer is: there's no such thing like "visual quality" in the world of artists. One of the most visually appealing games I can recall is Antichamber. One of the most interesting contemporary painters is Barnett Newman. Both Antichamber and Newman don't give a shit about your "visual quality", you lemon meringue pie ass niggers, as there's the whole world of various techniques that you can choose from depending on the idea you want to communicate or simply show. No one gives a shit whether rocks looks like rocks or cocks for that matter. No one gives a shit whether minerals have "correct" color that, god forbid, wouldn't scratch your homo phobias.

You motherfuckers wasting everyone's time should be catching up on your education instead of littering the forum.

There have been many RPGs that I have enjoyed at first but then ultimately found out they were shit. Some I've played for hours and hours and only then noticed the awful truth. Looking at the world map I can notice the map is impossible with the knowledge we have of plate tectonics and what other shit we know. What a fool I have been. I've felt sick, appalled, not at the game only, but mostly at myself for succumbing to such trash. Impossible river formations! Fuck me... I'm getting so riled up just writing this that I have to stop here.

Ninjerk

Arcane

Lyric Suite

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know you guys, but I assume you're not the only one retarded in your families (it's genetic), and will give you the short answer to this graphics controversy.

... when I see shit ... I don't fucking care... your stupid ass shit ... Dumb niggers.

Both Antichamber and Newman don't give a shit... you lemon meringue pie ass niggers... No one gives a shit whether rocks looks like rocks or cocks ...No one gives a shit...

...Fuck you.
"Art" by a painter who "doesn't give a shit" about "visual quality":
https://www.google.com/search?q=bar...yintDLAhVmvXIKHd0NCQQQiR4IdQ&biw=1920&bih=989

:hmmm:

Modern-art-600x463.jpg

Last edited:

Hegel

Arcane
Here we go again; another idiot washed upon the shores of abstract expressionism.

Mustawd

I thought you liked that contemporary art crap?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unwanted
I've never thought I might be offended by a guy named Hegel. Good thing is after precise study of Moore and Russell and my own research I'm literally 100% immune to everything signed by name Hegel, whether it be tractate on absolute idealism or simple forum post by an uneducated monkey.

Regarding your "contemporary art deep thoughts": enjoy Barnett Newman motherfuckers, I know it's the first time you see his work.

Last edited:

Mustawd

99.9% of people can't tell famous contemporary art apart from what you buy in a pottery barn.

Unwanted
99.9% of people should choose suicide after reading The Myth of Sisyphus by Camus.

If you know what I mean (you don't).

Mustawd

The Myth of Syphilis? It's not a myth.

Al Capone died of it.

What I'm trying to say is that I luv fat chix.

EDIT: Also, what do you have against Hegel? He's pretty cool. He dindu nuffin.

Trashos

Arcane
Don't listen to this guy, read the Myth of Sisyphus especially if you are considering suicide. Camus will rationally persuade you not to do it.

Unwanted
Don't listen to this guy, read the Myth of Sisyphus especially if you are considering suicide. Camus will rationally persuade you not to do it.

You need to read this essay once again, nigger. First of all, 99.9% believe that the universe or its significant part is meaningful. The first contact with The Myth is going to ruin they day. Secondly, there's nothing in the essay that can "persuade" anyone. They essay is supposed to leave you with almost unbearable curiosity, not to tell you "and now you may put your mind at rest". The most relevant argument for what I'm talking about is: if everything is meaningless, the essay is meaningless as well. Hence, there's no correct argument or even credible intuition in the essay that can persuade everyone or anyone for that matter. It's not the case that the whole universe is meaningless but Camus somehow managed to give meaning to anything in his essay, no. So stop telling people that anything in that essay is "rational" and that it "will persuade you".

Regarding my previous post, it was a joke. That nigger failed to realize this, despite the fact that he read the essay. What a fucking negro mess.

Trashos

Arcane
The most relevant argument for what I'm talking about is: if everything is meaningless, the essay is meaningless as well. Hence, there's no correct argument or even credible intuition in the essay that can persuade everyone or anyone for that matter. It's not the case that the whole universe is meaningless but Camus somehow managed to give meaning to anything in his essay, no. So stop telling people that anything in that essay is "rational" and that it "will persuade you".

Is suicide an action or inaction? If we agree that in most relevant cases suicide is an action, and everything is meaningless/absurd, then we conclude that suicide is a meaningless action and there is no point in doing it. It has been 2 decades since I read it, but that was my overall understanding of Camus' position as well.

Unwanted
Well, I don't agree. If everything is meaningless and suicide is meaningless as well, then there's simply no difference between suicide and making a sandwich, which means you can go and commit suicide when you're hungry, simply because there's no reason not to.

Camus' argument was: in the meaningless world there're no limits to our active role in creating a meaning. The main conclusion in the essay was that you can imagine Sisyphus happy, despite the fact that he is tormented, because roughly speaking, he decides to be happy. He endures the tortures and creates a meaning for the situation. Worse case scenario is that he can always say: "I simply enjoy the journey every time when I have to go down to the bottom and up to the top".

You know, this is in opposition to Kierkegaard's leap of faith (accepting something intangible or unprovable by an act of accepting complete faith in God) and it's similar to Nietzsche's will to power (the difference is that Nietzsche believed that will to power is a kind of a natural law that governs plants, animals, and humans' activity, and everything really, but for Camus no such regularity exists -- only man decides that from this point on she is going to believe that such-and-such exists).

Unwanted
Great City Moskva

It depends whether you believe that what Ivan Bezdomny witnessed in The Master and Margarita could be real (could happen in the actual world) or not :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom