Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are you going to buy Grimoire?

Grimoire!?

• I'm going to buy it and support Cleve

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I'm going to pirate it, maybe support Cleve later

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm going to pirate it, fuck Cleve

• lol why play some old DOS shit?

• I haven't decided yet

• Total voters

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Nobody with a registered account at the Codex will be permitted to purchase Grimoire, for any reason. Your IP will be blocked by Steam and a clever series of questions used to detect repressed homosexuality will see to it you can't even get through to Paypal.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I guess we have to pirate it now.

You must really dislike money, huh?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Cleveland Mark Blakemore said:
Nobody with a registered account at the Codex will be permitted to purchase Grimoire, for any reason. Your IP will be blocked by Steam and a clever series of questions used to detect repressed homosexuality will see to it you can't even get through to Paypal.

I'd like to know how Steam is supposed to know everyone's IP address.

Helton

Arcane

Hey, who's repressed!?

PorkaMorka

Arcane
desocupado said:
Why is blobber a bad subgenre?

If we are talking old school here (and I might be wrong since I have not played much of them), aren't blobbers pretty much all of the genre?

I mean, wizardry, might and magic, wasteland...

Blobbers mostly just consist of endless combat.

But the combat is relatively thoughtless and lacking in tactical depth compared to what is possible when you allow characters to move around on the battle map.

I can no longer sustain interest in such mediocre combat, after seeing how much better it is possible for RPG combat to be.

7hm

Scholar
Assuming it's reality, I'd buy it just because it's a game in a niche genre that I enjoy.

That's a pretty big assumption.

desocupado

Magister
PorkaMorka said:
desocupado said:
Why is blobber a bad subgenre?

If we are talking old school here (and I might be wrong since I have not played much of them), aren't blobbers pretty much all of the genre?

I mean, wizardry, might and magic, wasteland...

Blobbers mostly just consist of endless combat.

But the combat is relatively thoughtless and lacking in tactical depth compared to what is possible when you allow characters to move around on the battle map.

I can no longer sustain interest in such mediocre combat, after seeing how much better it is possible for RPG combat to be.

I agree wholeheartedly that movement on a map would allow much more depth, but I don't know of many games that offer that. I would like very much to play them tough.

The goldbox games offer that, don't they? Someday I will muster courage to brave the horribly dated mouseless interface.

SkeleTony

Augur
Ruprekt said:
Cleve has a family and kids. You'd be a dick not to buy it even if he, personally, is a freak.

Plus: at least it'll be something different.

Worst rationalization ever. George Bush and Sarah Palin(both of whom are far better people than Cleve) have families and kids but I am not going to buy their books!

Something different?! If by "different" you many a complete rip-off of some ancient shit that D.W. Bradley already did in the late 80s/early 90s.

I did not vote in the poll because it is missing the option "No I will not buy or pirate this because it looks like shit(and I don't mean the graphics) and is developed by a dangerously sick man.

SkeleTony

Augur

LOL! Nice try Cleve. Did you really think we would go 'Well I'll show him! I will create a master proxy and buy several copies of his game then laugh about it!'.

Even teh people who think they may want to buy this now are going to try your demo(if you were to release this game which seems unlikely at best) and realize why they do not go back to randomize 'pop-up battles' and blobbers that lack even Wizardry 8's tactical depth.

Steam?! I suppose it is not impossible but I don't recall Steam having anything to do with games relying on 1992 technology and conventions. And when they get wind of who YOU are...I seriously doubt it guy.

Radisshu

Prophet

So you're going to force us to pirate it? :(

Helton

Arcane
octavius said:
What a sad little troll.

AoW1_Heroes_80x100_Goblin_ShamanFemale.jpg

Ovg

Cipher
I'm gonna pirate it because I'm an uncaring asshole. Also not sure if it will manage to restore my interest in this kind of rpgs.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2

There goes the only section of the market that was actually going to play the game in the first place.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

What's wrong Cleve? Why do you have to use constructs of Homo Sapiens as means to sell your game? Cannot your Christian Neanderthal mind conceive of a non Homo method of delivery such as trained rodents with a copy of Grimoire surgically grown onto their backs?

I'd buy it, if only because he's been teasing us for a decade ++. Then I can write official Codex impressions and maybe an LP :thumbsup:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Radisshu said:

... as if Codex has ever purchased anything in their lives. The whole board is a pack of thieving pirates, trannies and career unemployables.

Keep your money, don't buy it and stop thinking about it. I didn't work on it this long to have it played by degenerates and idiots like the Codex regulars.

I'd appreciate it, as a personal favor to me, if you never download it and never pirate it. Just stop thinking about it. I don't want scum playing my game.

Besides, where in the hell would average Codexer come up with $24.95 unless they stole it from their own mothers ala Skeletony?

Pablosdog

Prophet
Radisshu said:

... as if Codex has ever purchased anything in their lives. The whole board is a pack of thieving pirates, trannies and career unemployables.

Keep your money, don't buy it and stop thinking about it. I didn't work on it this long to have it played by degenerates and idiots like the Codex regulars.

I'd appreciate it, as a personal favor to me, if you never download it and never pirate it. Just stop thinking about it. I don't want scum playing my game.

Besides, where in the hell would average Codexer come up with $24.95 unless they stole it from their own mothers ala Skeletony?

We have our ways, like many scoundrels we are pretty resourceful. So I'm guessing based on your stance on homosexuality that there's not going to be any gay elf loving?

Project: Eternity
Radisshu said:

You need to stop asking people for favors, because you're a complete dick, and homo sapiens frown upon doing favors for assholes.
Just saying.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'd only buy it if I was assured none of the money would be going to Cleve. So maybe from GoG in 2 years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom