Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Are you ready for the future of gaming, Codex?

There's a very clear difference between individuals like Ayaan Hirsi Ali and high school "enlightened" girls bitching about women being underrepresented in games/gaming business. Don't expect any logic from the latter.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
I don't exactly understand when feminism became "Women are forbidden to be sexy". Isn't that the opposite of what Marilyn Monroe (who was part of the feminist vanguard) taught us? I thought the concept of feminism was exactly giving women the right to be sexy, among several other rights (such as voting and working). Now it's the other way around?

There are different types of feminists. A Fat Feminist* will tell you that sexy women are promoting "unrealistic beauty standards" (resulting in hot women scooping up all the men and there is no one left for the fatties). Some other feminists think that women can look sexy but men shouldn't look at them or hit on them (unless the men are hawt, then it's ok). And then there are these anti-sex prude feminists, all sex is rape etc.

*I don't mean just a feminist who is a fatass. "Fat Feminism" is a thing.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I don't exactly understand when feminism became "Women are forbidden to be sexy". Isn't that the opposite of what Marilyn Monroe (who was part of the feminist vanguard) taught us? I thought the concept of feminism was exactly giving women the right to be sexy, among several other rights (such as voting and working). Now it's the other way around?

There are different types of feminists. A Fat Feminist* will tell you that sexy women are promoting "unrealistic beauty standards" (resulting in hot women scooping up all the men and there is no one left for the fatties). Some other feminists think that women can look sexy but men shouldn't look at them or hit on them (unless the men are hawt, then it's ok). And then there are these anti-sex prude feminists, all sex is rape etc.

*I don't mean just a feminist who is a fatass. "Fat Feminism" is a thing.

tl;dr because women left the kitchen.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Some other feminists think that women can look sexy but men shouldn't look at them or hit on them (unless the men are hawt, then it's ok).
I read an article a couple of months ago that basically stated this without a hint of irony.

DragoFireheart

Some other feminists think that women can look sexy but men shouldn't look at them or hit on them (unless the men are hawt, then it's ok).
I read an article a couple of months ago that basically stated this without a hint of irony.

I've read more retarded shit.

AKA: she likes the Alpha's checking her out but dislikes the Beta's also checking her out.

Ninjerk

Arcane
She's probably gotten plenty of awards already. Who cares? Look at the guy who gave the award and the shitty game he made.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
tumblr_mqwnsrUmR81qa4leho1_500.jpg
That's... that's not from a real article, is it? Is it?

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Somehow, i don't care.
She's not going to make games, so who gives a flipping shit anyways.

Well, at this point does anyone actually care at all what happens with the gaming industry? I've given up on it years ago and my initial bitterness and anger have vanished to make place for the relieving voyeuristic pleasure of watching that hilarious trainwreck gaming has become descent further and further into inanity. It's like watching an ultra-gory scene from a funny C-grade horror movie in slow motion. This whole Sarkezian-farce is just the latest in an unending series of events that are so surrealistically retarded that the only possible solution is to get a good laugh out if it and keep on enjoying the show.

Cary on gaming industry, I will enjoy seeing you crash and burn but until that day you're going to provide me with a lot of free entertainment :avatard:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
That's... that's not from a real article, is it? Is it?

http://m.oxm.co.uk/57106/features/the-100-most-important-people-in-games/

Other people whatshername is apparently more important than:
-MCA (#97)
-Suda 51 (#86)
-Casey Hudson (#83)
-Peter Molyneux (#76)
-Jade Raymond (#59) - apparently the maker of AssCreed is more important than the maker of Doom, who knew?
-The Occulus Rift guy (#54)
-Tim Motherfucking Schafer (#53)

Also,
Satoru Iwata (#39) - the president of Nintendo, barely more important than whatshername.

Also also,
Todd Howard (#13) - yep.

DragoFireheart

-MCA (#97)
-Suda 51 (#86)
-Casey Hudson (#83)
-Peter Molyneux (#76)
-Jade Raymond (#59) - apparently the maker of AssCreed is more important than the maker of Doom, who knew?

Also,
Satoru Iwata (#39) - the president of Nintendo, barely more important than whatshername.

Also also,
Todd Howard (#13) - yep.

There is so much wrong with this list. I weep for the future of video games and nerd culture.

Vibalist

Arcane
It's bad that he wants gay stuff added to the game just because. Gays already have Gone Home, why force their shit into different games.

No doubt. But you can find much, much worse examples than this guy. He may be a moron, but at least he's a mild mannered moron. That's really not the case with the majority of the equality champions who frequent gaming forums. Most of them feel entitled to all sorts of shit and get mad if developers don't include close to every type of sexuality in existence (and supposedly there's like 20 different types by now), regardless of whether they fit into the story and the setting of the game in question. Try visiting the Bioware Social Network sometime. It's such a fucking wonderful place.

-MCA (#97)
-Suda 51 (#86)
-Casey Hudson (#83)
-Peter Molyneux (#76)

Also,

Also also,
Todd Howard (#13) - yep.

There is so much wrong with this list. I weep for the future of video games and nerd culture.

It says a lot when Todd Howard seems a good alternative to the person who actually won.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks for the link! Looks like the stupid starts right at the beginning:
Who are the most important people in the world of Xbox today? Five years ago it was the big execs who held all the power, but all that's starting to change. On one hand, we've seen the huge growth of a few games around which the industry revolves. The people who make them are, in gaming terms, superstars.
It is all about the small guys like you, me, and Bobby Kotick. Bobby likes craftsman beer, blue jeans and good honest-to-goodness vidya games.

Martius

Liturgist
On not mobile version of site title of this article is "The 100 most important people in the world of Xbox". Well, now it makes much more sense!

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

What the fuck is this shit? Following this retarded progression, males dressing the way they want and females covering their sexy parts would technically be the most "correct" and least sexist. Oh wait - that's what we have in Iran.

I was watching a documentary on the classic Star Trek blu rays the other day and a woman on there talks about how women were fighting at the time to be able to show some skin, because they wanted to and men refused to let them. Now-a-days women are mad at men for wanting them to show some skin. In short even feminists aren't sure what feminism means half the time, and my wife would be the first person to say that.

DragoFireheart

In short even feminists aren't sure what feminism means half the time, and my wife would be the first person to say that.

FFS, women don't know what they want half the time beyond attention and a big fat cock.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Oh btw, they also don't have that chick that Romero married before Brenda and the teenager.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom