Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Are you ready for the future of gaming, Codex?

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
screenshot_35380_thumb_wide300.jpg

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Christopher Nolan - because game are like movies today. Uhm, okay?

I thought this comment was a joke, but apparently its actually in the list. I'm surprised he is so low, too. The person who made this has to be trolling, or is just a corporate reject who's really into the "culture". A very sad and pathetic window into the psyche of the losers who are in charge of our arts and entertainment.

Cadmus

Arcane
97. Chris Avellone, designer, Obsidian Entertainment
For a while he looked lost in gaming's hinterlands with big, text-heavy RPGs like Planescape: Torment that publishers didn't think people wanted to play. Since then, he's been recruited to a $4m-raising Kickstarter project, which just goes to show what those publishers know.
hriss Avellone : For a while he looked lost in gaming's hinterlands with big, text-heavy RPGs like Planescape: Torment

80. Meggan Scavio, general manager, Game Developers Conference
Forget E3. The really important industry event is GDC, where deals are done and ideas cooked up. Meggan Scavio organises it, keeping it relevant, exciting and for every dev, big and small.

57. J.J. Abrams, director
From discussing collaborating with Valve on a Portal or Half-Life movie to citing being inspired by Limbo and PS3's Journey, J.J. Abrams has been circling gaming for a while. His talent for storytelling could be a very positive influence on the form.

46. Kris Piotrowski, creative director, Capybara Games
Capybara Games is a small dev with a knack for producing polished, beautiful-looking and original games, from the DS's Clash of Heroes to upcoming XBLA title Super Time Force. It's much down to its creative director, who gets into every aspect of production.
So uh, while Chris Avellone was wasting his time with stupid text heavy RPG, Meggan Scavio was bravely "generally managing" a conference. But they all fade in comparison to J.J. Abrams, who has been "thinking about doing movies out of games".

Even more important than all of them is the creative director of Casdsadas games "because they are a small studio and make games nobody plays"

I quit reading after that, I doubt it has even the level of relevance of IGN's top 100 RPGs list. It's just silly.

Feminism on the other hand, is genuinely retarded. Its core problem is that it claims to represent half the population of earth "because they don't know better" while its a corrupt circlejerk of a few select demagogs who draw their support and pray on the troubled and weak.

Also I wonder how is John Carmack relevant today? I haven't heard shit about him doing anything useful with games, have I missed something?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Also I wonder how is John Carmack relevant today? I haven't heard shit about him doing anything useful with games, have I missed something?
He gets a free pass for Commander Keen, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, and...that's about all I can think of, but it's still a p. good legacy.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I don't exactly understand when feminism became "Women are forbidden to be sexy". Isn't that the opposite of what Marilyn Monroe (who was part of the feminist vanguard) taught us? I thought the concept of feminism was exactly giving women the right to be sexy, among several other rights (such as voting and working). Now it's the other way around?

What the fuck is this shit? Following this retarded progression, males dressing the way they want and females covering their sexy parts would technically be the most "correct" and least sexist. Oh wait - that's what we have in Iran.
"Males dressing the way they want". Classical example of feminist being not so socially smart people and just repeating slogans they don't really understand.
"Males dressing the way they want" usually means not wearing anything sexualized. Additionally, when at work wearing oppressive shirts and suits and ties (WTF?), having to be remove facial hair and cut their hair shamefully short.

For example how many males wear mini skirts and pantyhose in public? Oh wait, none. Would it be safe for those who would want to wear them in public? I doubt so.

Also, it's very easy to derive anti-sexy attitude from pro-consent attitude. One could consider participation in all sexual situations to be consent based and be against sexualizing public spaces by wearing sexy clothes because they violate the rule of consensuality of sexual situations.

Feminism on the other hand, is genuinely retarded. Its core problem is that it claims to represent half the population of earth "because they don't know better" while its a corrupt circlejerk of a few select demagogs who draw their support and pray on the troubled and weak.
The basic problem with feminism is that it's full of brainwashed drones and there are only a few of individuals capable of thinking.
Also, feminism isn't a single ideology. It's multiple ideologies.

Unwanted

Xu Fugui

Unwanted

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
A few hundred people gathered there to talk about gender, sex, sexuality, representation for people of colour, queer lifestyles, and diversity in games and the gaming industry.
I thought games were about shooting space aliens and stuff. The medium has truly matured.:D

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
"This is the first time the GDC Ambassador Award has been given to a woman."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Developers_Choice_Awards#Ambassador_Award
2014: Anita Sarkeesian (Feminist Frequency)[7]
2013: Chris Melissinos (Sun Microsystems)
2012: Kenneth Doroshow and Paul M. Smith (the lawyers in Brown v. Entertainment Merchants Association who argued for the Entertainment Merchants Association in the US Supreme Court.)
2011: Tim Brengle and Ian Mackenzie (Organizers of the Game Developers Conference volunteer program for 20+ years[8])
2010: Jerry Holkins, Mike Krahulik and Robert Khoo
2009: Tommy Tallarico
2008: Jason Della Rocca
2007: George Sanger
2006: Chris Hecker
2005: Sheri Graner Ray
2004: Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk
2003: Doug Church (Eidos Interactive)
2002: Jeff Lander
2001: John Carmack
Apparently even that was a lie. :lol:

At least they seem to be staying with the program:
She is author of the book, Gender Inclusive Game Design-Expanding the Market and is the computer game industry’s leading expert on the subject of gender and computer games.

Good picks though, apparently bitching about shit on YouTube is worth a lot more than a lifetime of actual achievement (this is from /v/ I think, the one on the bottom right is the Kinuko gal):
women-game-industryk7sjg.jpg

tumblr_mqwnsrUmR81qa4leho1_500.jpg

:drink:

I think I might like Anna Kipnis. Yeah, she's a Jew, but I've always had a thing for girls who wear some kind of leather around their neck. I'm not usually a fan of Asians, but I'll also give some major props to Corrine Yu and Jen Ze.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom