Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Arizona vs California POLL

Which one is better?

• Arizona

• California

Results are only viewable after voting.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Which part of the game do you prefer?

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
People prefer Arizona? Like what was good there? The most sterorypical evil clergy taken straight out of reddit, even with shooting people for eating oysters? Rodia - a.k.a the most generic city in the Wastes? Hollywood? A poor man's New Reno, except with cross-dressers? Did people really like Mannerites and Dougan or am I just being trolled?

Black

Arcane
People prefer Arizona? Like what was good there? The most sterorypical evil clergy taken straight out of reddit, even with shooting people for eating oysters? Rodia - a.k.a the most generic city in the Wastes? Hollywood? A poor man's New Reno, except with cross-dressers? Did people really like Mannerites and Dougan or am I just being trolled?
Um, guy, I think you...
Ah, nevermind.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Um, guy, I think you...
Ah, nevermind.

Yeah, I wrote Arizona when I've meant California, but the post is otherwise correct. California is winning right now.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Since one of them is irredeemable shit already, I didn't get to see the second one. Is it worth to force oneself over hours of boring gameplay to see LA?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Since one of them is irredeemable shit already, I didn't get to see the second one. Is it worth to force oneself over hours of boring gameplay to see LA?

Depends on what you hated in the first place. For me the game became immensely better after I installed a little speed boost mod that made running speed out of combat twice as fast so traversing the large maps is less tedious.

But, generally, the gameplay stays the same. Lots of containers to open with your different "open shit" skills, combat encounters don't really become any better (but energy weapons become overpowered due to enemies having high armour), but the quests become more interesting and there are more factions to play around with (although they're all a bit on the silly side).

What exactly did you dislike about the game so far?

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik
On paper, Id go with California due to the sheer amount of talent but they are a distaster on the field. On the other hand, Arizona's program is more efficient with what they got. That and they continuously cherry pick the best from SoCal and Texas.

Id say arizona wins by 2 touchdowns

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I vote Arizona. Maybe that has to do with the fact that I felt like the game could be over when I reached Los Angeles.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
California no doubt the only fun and memorable part of Arizona is Titan Canyon the rest was put there there to lengthen the playtime only... The fracking prison with magic turrets is worst offender:

Went there and killed all those fuckers anyway after hearing the transmission in which their Chief said they would went after Rangers anyway dogs or not dogs.... not to mention they deserved all the way.... Got criticized by General Vargas for being to extreme and not trying to heal their fucking dogs; :retarded: l1beral shit; Sorry Amigo but on Commissar watch the only good Raider is dead Raider.

Last edited:

imweasel

California Los Angeles.

LA is a small map that kind of felt like an amusment park... but the content, writing, everything was better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom