Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Armored Warfare: World of Tanks formerly from Obsidian

Idiott

Arcane
New event is up, if you register now you get a free tier 3 MBT:

Every new account registered between the 6th of April and the 30th of April will automatically receive the Leopard 1 Main Battle Tank as well as 7 days of Premium Time. In addition to that, the German flag decal can be purchased with 90% discount for the price of mere 10 Gold until the 1st of May!

Also you can easily get a tier 6 premiumised MBT

From the 6th of April to the 13th of April, aside from enjoying the Happy Hours event, the players will be able to win the following prizes:
  • The 4th day Login Bonus will be replaced by the Leopard 1 Main Battle Tank. Players who already have the Leopard 1 will receive 100 Gold instead
  • Players who win 15 PvP or PvE battles during this event will receive the prize of 1,000,000 Credits
  • Players who win 30 PvP or PvE battles during this event will receive the prize of 14 days of Premium Time
  • Players who win 150 PvP or PvE battles during this event will receive the Leopard 2AV ICE Tier 6 Premium MBT. Players who already own this vehicle will receive 3250 Gold instead

Last edited:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
While I'm not currently playing AW that Leopard 2 looks awfully tempting.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Am I bit behind about this game, is it finished, or is it still in some beta-early access stage?

SmartCheetah

Arcane
You can do it in PvE missions as well bros. Just hop in every tank you have and do easy missions. 150 ain't that many, and you probably unlock a lot of new things anyway so it's really tempting. Easy missions are so easy that you win basicly 9 out of 10 if your team ain't complete morons.

You need to do 22 PvE easy missions per day to get it at the end of this week (6-13 of April)
Doable if you have 2-3 hours to spend daily. Especially because you can die in a mission that should be a success anyway and hop onto another vehicle.

PvP or harder missions? If you're a total no-life, you might try it. Otherwise I wouldn't even bother.

Last edited:

SmartCheetah

Arcane
"Happy Hours" which is 200% Reputation and credits gain is 'till 30th.
"Panzerfest is 6th-13th and you just need to farm those 30+ wins if you want granted rewards at the end of the event. It works while Happy Hours are active so don't worry. Just farm.

If you got 3 guys in a team you can farm easy PvE mission wins within 2 minutes(Provided it's the "cap point" mission).

your wins counter:
https://aw.my.com/pl/user

Last edited:

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Umm, it tells me that there are 7 days of premium, not 14.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Yeah, they changed the rules TWICE since it started. Very professional, lol.
And It's not the first event they do that. Someone is very generous, and after 2-3 hours, they cut some of the rewards, lol.

Anyway, got 35 wins in 2hours Easy PvE mode marathon. Most people know what to do and everyone goes straight for the cap, killing most annoying enemies.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Seems that you have to be using a T3 at least or it won't count the match.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Did any of you get the premium for 30 wins? It says I completed it yet I'm still on basic.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
It should be in your inventory (lightning icon on the right in your garage).
Wow, that fucking icon is small... also, I found out that I also have a '3 Day Premium' one, lol.

trais

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
So I gave AW a good try and meeeeeh. I've got like 300 PvP battles in total and all I can say about is that it's WoT 2. Or even WoT 1.5.

+ Graphics are prettier, there are some minor new mechanics e.g. reactive armor, guided missiles. Playing arty is also a bit less sleep inducing, thanks to improved counter-arty gameplay.

- The worst offender is WoT's retarded spotting mechanics where enemy tanks phase in and out of existence based on completely arbitrary reasons. Why it is still there, when it was showed time and time again in WoT, that it is simply not fun? When you're told to mindlessly clone someone's else game then the operating word is "mindlessly", I guess.
- Second worst thing about the game is that the map pool is small and they're all shit. And I do mean all of them. Seriously, map designer(s) should be instantly fired. Or even better - set on fire. You want to play a tank that needs to be in hull-down position to be effective? Well, fuck you, you're playing Highwall for the 5th time in a row. Maps are small, good defensive positions are scarce, flanking is ineffective because the moment you pop out of hard cover you'll spotted by some alt-tabbed scout and murdered by his friends.
- Two above issues combined create another big one, namely that when one team gains an advantage, they snowball so hard it's impossible to stop. Matches where last 2-3 badly damaged tanks of each team wrestle in the nail-bitting combat are rarity - 90% of the games end with either 10+:0 or 0:10+ score. There is no strategy, no tactics in the game - the team that makes bigger steel ball stomps the team with smaller one, end of story.
- Tank balance and progression is wacky. In some cases, moving up the tier is actually a downgrade (e.g. Leo -> OF-40). But certain type of upgrades can only be unlock on specific vehicles, so you cannot focus on your favorite tech tree line and ignore the crap. Nope, you need to grind all the shit to get good upgrades.

Overall, I don't know what's the point of this game. Why does it even exists?

If you like WoT, there's nothing in there that would make you switch. And if you don't like WoT, then you will also not find AW appealing. War Thunder at least tried to approach the concept from different angle, it did some new and interesting things. AW doesn't and therefore I don't think it's worth spending any time and money on it.

Zerginfestor

Learned
So I gave AW a good try and meeeeeh. I've got like 300 PvP battles in total and all I can say about is that it's WoT 2. Or even WoT 1.5.

+ Graphics are prettier, there are some minor new mechanics e.g. reactive armor, guided missiles. Playing arty is also a bit less sleep inducing, thanks to improved counter-arty gameplay.

- The worst offender is WoT's retarded spotting mechanics where enemy tanks phase in and out of existence based on completely arbitrary reasons. Why it is still there, when it was showed time and time again in WoT, that it is simply not fun? When you're told to mindlessly clone someone's else game then the operating word is "mindlessly", I guess.
- Second worst thing about the game is that the map pool is small and they're all shit. And I do mean all of them. Seriously, map designer(s) should be instantly fired. Or even better - set on fire. You want to play a tank that needs to be in hull-down position to be effective? Well, fuck you, you're playing Highwall for the 5th time in a row. Maps are small, good defensive positions are scarce, flanking is ineffective because the moment you pop out of hard cover you'll spotted by some alt-tabbed scout and murdered by his friends.
- Two above issues combined create another big one, namely that when one team gains an advantage, they snowball so hard it's impossible to stop. Matches where last 2-3 badly damaged tanks of each team wrestle in the nail-bitting combat are rarity - 90% of the games end with either 10+:0 or 0:10+ score. There is no strategy, no tactics in the game - the team that makes bigger steel ball stomps the team with smaller one, end of story.
Oh good lord, I'm glad there's others who spot this terrible issue, ESPECIALLY the spotting shit. It's fucking idiotic, and allows for the highly mobile long range TDs to have a near complete impunity from other tanks, especially when there's a good scout zipping by and harassing the other team.
Once they're spotted, it's game over.

Wish I found others here who plop often onto War Thunder.

Idiott

Arcane
Stats of Armata on the test server are so blatantly OP it's quite retarded. Hopefully they'll change that shit before it gos live (or just leave it OP for Russians). Not expecting too much though, seeing as American tanks are still fucked up stat- and model-wise. Would be nice if they finally fixed the issues plaguing the game since alpha and early access before adding more broken shit.

Obsidian should irre some people who know how to make maps with good gameplay and not just pretty looks, even Shipbreakers maps would work much better for tanks than the shit currently in game now.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Ok, edited because I found a better video of the current PTS state. Seems like the new Chally might be very hard to pen from the front, if you place him correctly.

Judging by that one, not only Chally is hard to penetrate, but armata have a huge weakspot on the frontal armor which might become a nightmare for it. Who cares you can do 1000+ dmg in one hit, if you're getting penetrated from the front witch such ease? :P Ofc everything might still change.

>T14 Armata - huge firepower and a big weakspot(Like with tier 9 T90MS but the weakspot seems to be really huge, just like a firepower)
>Chally - uber frontal armor and little number of weakspots (Like with tier 9 Chally2)
>M1A2 sep v3 - turret with many weakspots, frontal hull weakspots, jack of all trades (pretty much the same like with tier 9 M1A2)
>New Leo - absolutely broken because of HUGE weakspot on the turret ring (They will probably change it)

Last edited:

Idiott

Arcane
So, the newest patch added tier 10 tank and also broke stuff (Red Opossum in particular).

They also changed all skills and retrofits that improved reload time to improve rate of fire instead, nerfing everything and making clip artillery completely useless. The best part: this shit haven't even been hinted, announced or tested, causing a massive shitstorm over AW forums. Some retrofits which cost tons of credits are utterly useless now on vehicles with autocannons or ATGMs as main armament.

Anthony Davis
Are you guys trying to kill the game on purpose now? Last time I've seen devs pull a stunt like that and tell players that 'it's better this way' was in Firefall beta and look how well that worked for them.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
So, the newest patch added tier 10 tank and also broke stuff (Red Opossum in particular).

They also changed all skills and retrofits that improved reload time to improve rate of fire instead, nerfing everything and making clip artillery completely useless. The best part: this shit haven't even been hinted, announced or tested, causing a massive shitstorm over AW forums. Some retrofits which cost tons of credits are utterly useless now on vehicles with autocannons or ATGMs as main armament.

Anthony Davis
Are you guys trying to kill the game on purpose now? Last time I've seen devs pull a stunt like that and tell players that 'it's better this way' was in Firefall beta and look how well that worked for them.
Sounds like a typical day in WG-land.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Not really, in WG land they release the changes in supertest/public test and then redact them when enough butthurt has been developed.
If only that was the case.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It most certainly is the case.

- T-54 ltwt nerf, Mäuschen, the entire rubicon patch (w. the p2w emblems and inscriptions) etc. etc.

There is a very clear and established process for pushing through changes and you know years ahead that they are coming (WTF E-100 removal, Action X etc.). The problematic part is that you either have to learn Russian or read blogs to stay in the know. And changes can take ages to come through.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom