Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Artillery games

Severian Silk

Are artillery games such as Scorched Earth strategy games, or are they turn-based shooters?

Scorched_earth.png

Discuss.

they could be rpgs because in scorched earth you have to spend points to buy skills/weapons which have different uses in their endless series of fights.
not unlike icewind dale.

Mustawd

Worms? Please. Give me gorillas throwing bananas at themselves in QBASIC any day of the week.

pippin

Worms? Please. Give me gorillas throwing bananas at themselves in QBASIC any day of the week.

:love::love::love:

This, Accolade's Grand Prix Circuit, Alley Cat and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego were the first videogames I ever played.

Apart from Scorched Earth (which is be all end all of all artillery games) I also used to adore game named Caste or Castles. There was only two castles, blue and red one, they had one kind of ammo (cannonball) and became moar and moar damged during combat, that one that received enough damage - exploded. It was simply but extremely fun DOS gaem, cannot find screenshots.

Mustawd

This, Accolade's Grand Prix Circuit, Alley Cat and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego were the first videogames I ever played.

Gorillas and Nibbles were my first PC games ever. Even before solitaire. We had some PCs in the back of our 3rd grade homeroom class, and we'd go in there early and play the games. This was before my family ever got an IBM PC a few years later.

I still remember that we had to actually type in the directory to load the game. I thought it was so cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom