Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik
I can just see the typical consoletard AC player in baggy pants shutting down his XBox, buying a harpoon and sailing to far-off lands with a bunch of similarly rugged seamen in search of many a golden doubloon and levels-worth of XP. Yarr!

It's a fucking game, you tits.

I will pray to the Goddess that Shamu eats you cisgendered scum next time you go into the water.

I can just see the typical consoletard AC player in baggy pants shutting down his XBox, buying a harpoon and sailing to far-off lands with a bunch of similarly rugged seamen in search of many a golden doubloon and levels-worth of XP. Yarr!

fFrY4oi.gif
Awww... :love:

Was it something I said, love?

Akarnir

Educated
What I really want to see though is Paris during the Revolution. Lot's of iconic characters, exactly the kind of drama where an assassin thrives, and the Parisian rooftops are perfect for parkour.
The colonial villages in AC3 were a letdown compared to Rome and Constantinople, climbing around them felt pointless, might as well walk on the streets to get around.

It would just be a cheesy tale of Self-righteous assassin revolutionaries that wants to establish Democracy/multiculturalism/tolerance/equality/progressiveness/harmony/.... against the tyrannical asshole Templar King with a Villainous french accent.

Oh an also the count Von Doom, Sir Destruction, and El Senor De Obliteration all comes to the rescue of the bad guys. All backward and mean royalist from the allied tyrannies, with their respective villainous accent.

Some open minded Americans that brings peace from the new Utopian democracy of Kwanzania would help counter balance the growth of the Evil Squad.

Of course to ''nuance'' things, they would showcase some more extreme revolutionaries (Robespierre...) just to show that extreme and violence are not the good way to go. And that the moderate progressive assassin are totally the good guys.

And those ''Assassin'' would all sound super sympathetic and open minded and courageous (with the exception of the token comic relief guy), and merciful.

Of course, Just like REAL Assassins are supposed to be.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just uh... demoed AC3 and played a bit. It is to AC2 what Dragon Age 2 was to DA:O -- a lazy and dumbed down successor to a fun if rather flawed game. I suppose it's not so bad considering they have to churn one of these out every year, but it mostly feels like a wasted opportunity. The story is silly as it always has been, though I didn't get that far into it. The naval battles were definitely fun though, which gives a bit of hope for 4... nah.

grdja

Augur
So much bandwidth saved by not pirating it. :)

One AC game I'm really itching to plain is ... whichever is one set in Constantinople, is it any good? And maybe one of "I'm dicking around with Borgias in Italy". And those would still be only because of setting.

Weierstraß

Learned
Project: Eternity
I think I like Revelations the most, but I don't think I'm with the majority. I'm not really sure it's better or if it's just because I prefer the setting and because Ezio is a little less boring as a character as an old man.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
One AC game I'm really itching to plain is ... whichever is one set in Constantinople, is it any good? And maybe one of "I'm dicking around with Borgias in Italy". And those would still be only because of setting.
That would be Revelations. Dicking around with Borgias in Italy is AC2 and Brotherhood.

As was said, Revelations is a bit of a mixed bag. It probably has the best gameplay of the series in the Ezio parts, while forcing absolutely atrocious mini-games upon you in other parts. It's also really, really short -- I finished the whole thing, doing just about everything, in 15 hours. Could have done the main plot it about 6-7. Not much for a full priced game.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate

How about enjoying some whale meat the next time said RetardBox Gamer visits Japan?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
What happened to the days when one studio developed a game because they wanted to? Now 7 studios work on a single game?

What next? 7 authors write the next The Witcher book together?

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate

Borelli

Arcane
Electronic Arts executive producer Giordano Contestabile recently said, "Assassin's Creed IV is made by 7 studios and (I hear) nearly 1,000 people. Is this new new AAA?"
Wat da fuq?:retarded:8 studios working on a single game instead of 8 working on 8 different games? Where do they find things for 8 of them to do? Like seriously ONE THOUSAND PEOPLE?!?! Don't they reuse stuff from ac3(like ships)?
Somebody please explain this to me, this is decline of mainstream industry on an unprecedented scale, this game will have to sell like 10 million copies.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Using the same character design for 7 games really makes me question their budget(not to mention their lack of taste and creativity.).
It at least made sense in first game but it seems really silly as the time goes on(feels like a teenager with hoodie)

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yeah, wearing a hooded cloak in an era when hooded cloaks are entirely out of fashion does not strike me as the best way to stay incognito.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Electronic Arts executive producer Giordano Contestabile recently said, "Assassin's Creed IV is made by 7 studios and (I hear) nearly 1,000 people. Is this new new AAA?"
Wat da fuq?:retarded:8 studios working on a single game instead of 8 working on 8 different games? Where do they find things for 8 of them to do? Like seriously ONE THOUSAND PEOPLE?!?! Don't they reuse stuff from ac3(like ships)?
Somebody please explain this to me, this is decline of mainstream industry on an unprecedented scale, this game will have to sell like 10 million copies.
The majority of those guys are probrably working on those awful setpieces and lame attempts to imitate Hollywood that they call cutscenes, assassin creed series changed from a popamole sandbox game to a popamole Uncharted clone with redundant open world elements. I guess you need alot of people to animate all those EXPLOSIONZS!

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013

You heard it first folks, AC4 is the first world ever AAAAA+ game :M

http://www.gamespot.com/news/assassins-creed-iv-being-built-by-1000-people-6405306

from the comments on that article:

And CDPR is merely 125-150 people who want to develop a game on 3 platforms at the same time...

My point, if EA needs 1000 for 3 versions, than CDPR is making a huge mistake if they think they can do better even with all the best intentions in the world.

THE MORE PEPPLE U HAV DEVELOPING GAME THE BETTER GAEM!!! :retarded:

kazgar

Arcane
Having multiple studios together worked so well for the DX:HR boss fights and everything in Aliens: Colonic Marines.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Actually, it's a vile and probably an effective plan.

Make games so unbelieveably shit, even pirates won't care to crack them. Shit sells.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Not really interested in this, but I stumbled upon this trailer today and it struck me that there are not so much games with this feature (last was GTA: San Andreas?): Ass Creed 4 now has nigga assassin brotagonist in da hood. Wonder if it will also be reflected in the meta-story with some nigga gangster shouting "yo, what's up bitches!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX5p3atdMHc

Problem codex? :troll:

Edit: Also in before RPS and Kutaku fellating over race-equality awareness in Ubisoft latest turd

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Not really interested in this, but I stumbled upon this trailer today and it struck me that there are not so much games with this feature (last was GTA: San Andreas?): Ass Creed 4 now has nigga assassin brotagonist in da hood. Wonder if it will also be reflected in the meta-story with some nigga gangster shouting "yo, what's up bitches!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX5p3atdMHc

Problem codex? :troll:

Edit: Also in before RPS and Kutaku fellating over race-equality awareness in Ubisoft latest turd
I'm just waiting for the cliche fest, you know... the solution to slavery is to kill as much White people as possible. I can see race equality right there.Be a murder or having slaves, what is better and why? :roll: The guy is gonna bitch, moan be a general moral message machine and won't have any sense of humor like the last time Ubisoft tried "race equality". I can already see that his only personality trait is gonna be butthurt about slavery but why try hard to make a good character if journalists do blow Jobs on you just because the texture in the model are brown, instead of white.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom