Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Origins - it's an RPG now

flyingjohn

Arcane
Ubisoft writers confirmed Le Pen voters:

:vivelafrance:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
is there a reason why twitcher and elex are discussed in general rpg and assassin's creed: origins is held prisoner in general gaming?
Infinitron, I love the retarded way you retardoed my thread in general rpg because there was already an assassin's creed in general gaming without moving this thread to general rpg. can we get a comment on this, or does your agenda need to stay hidden?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
is there a reason why twitcher and elex are discussed in general rpg and assassin's creed: origins is held prisoner in general gaming?
Infinitron, I love the retarded way you retardoed my thread in general rpg because there was already an assassin's creed in general gaming without moving this thread to general rpg. can we get a comment on this, or does your agenda need to stay hidden?
Yeah,you are right mate,the game shouldn't be in general gaming,its place is in general discussions.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
This thread is oscillating between the worlds. Sometimes it's in General Gaming, sometimes in GRPG, just like game itself.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
This thread is oscillating between the worlds. Sometimes it's in General Gaming, sometimes in GRPG, just like game itself.
that's rather due to the incompetence of some codex staff than due to the game's nature. the only thing assassin's creed doesn't have that elex does seems to be the jetpack. so either we now draw the line between what is and isn't an rpg based on the availability of a jetpack or we just have a very sick double standard.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
that's rather due to the incompetence of some codex staff than due to the game's nature. the only thing assassin's creed doesn't have that elex does seems to be the jetpack. so either we now draw the line between what is and isn't an rpg based on the availability of a jetpack or we just have a very sick double standard.
Yeah because asscreed is a true rpg classic. Not everything that have levelling is a rpg. If this shitty casual game goes in general rpgs,it will mark the true decline of the codex. Also comparing this shit to ELEX is a heresy of the highest degree! You should be burned on the pyre heretic!
burn04.gif

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Yeah because asscreed is a true rpg classic. Not everything that have levelling is a rpg. If this shitty casual game goes in general rpgs,it will mark the true decline of the codex. Also comparing this shit to ELEX is a heresy of the highest degree! You should be burned on the pyre heretic!
burn04.gif
please, do tell why you think ELEX is an rpg and ASO not.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
burn04.gif
It does have soul for once :) . PB have quite the history making ARPGs like gothic,and the game actually have roleplaying. While asscreed have history of being dumb console stabber,and you can only rollplay a dickwasher. If i have to be honest,it just feels like an rpg. Asscreed is more of a open world game like mad max and evil within 2,you go to such games to waste time,while ELEX feeds your soul and keeps you sane in this sea of endless decline.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
burn04.gif
It does have soul for once :) . PB have quite the history making ARPGs like gothic,and the game actually have roleplaying. While asscreed have history of being dumb console stabber,and you can only rollplay a dickwasher. If i have to be honest,it just feels like an rpg. Asscreed is more of a open world game like mad max and evil within 2,you go to such games to waste time,while ELEX feeds your soul and keeps you sane in this sea of endless decline.
so you can't think of a single feature that would separate them.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
burn04.gif
so you can't think of a single feature that would separate them.
I can think of one! ELEX is in the general rpg while shitcreed is in general gaming :incline:!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol, Infinitron has returned it to General Gaming? But why?
mystery.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamesn.com/assassins-creed-origins/assassins-creed-origins-sales

Assassin’s Creed Origins sold twice as much as Syndicate in the first ten days

Ubisoft have shared their financial report for the first half of the fiscal year and results are excellent across the board, with continued success for many of their online games, solid performances from their new releases, and tremendous growth for their digital content.

The extra year’s break appears to have paid off for Assassin’s Creed, as Origins has seen double the sales Syndicate did in the first ten days after launch. Around 35% of those sales were digital, compared with 15% for the previous game, so the new distribution model is growing significantly.

South Park: The Fractured but Whole sold around 50% digital, and has been selling faster than the Stick of Truth. Digital as a whole has been on the rise, but content from DLC and microtransactions is even bigger, having outperformed digital full game purchases for the first time.

While all this certainly backs up the success of “games as service,” Ubisoft said during the post-report conference call that they still believe in single-player - of certain kinds, anyway,

PC titles made up 15% of the company’s sales in the second quarter. PlayStation 4 still accounts for the majority at 31%, but the most impressive number comes from the Switch, which has already has already hit a 19% percent software sales share versus 20% for Xbox One. The remainder of sales are with mobile games and older platforms.

Also of note are the successes of Rainbow Six Siege and Ghost Recon Wildlands, both of which performed better than expected thanks to continued updates and support from their developers. In particular, Siege now has around 25 million players, which is an especially impressive number.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
What else (besides MarioCom) does Ubisoft have on the Switch that it already makes up nearly 20% of their sales? Or is a single game bigger than all their games on PC?

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Now I understand when AC series will end. When they will run out of places on earth.

Just kidding, they will just do the same places again but in diffrent age

vonAchdorf

Arcane
My experience with the game's a sinus wave - it started low, than became fun, only to get meh again (Alexandria). But then the parts in the south (Memphis, Pyramids, ...) were entertaining again. But back in the north, a cinematic on rails part of the story started, which was quite annoying. You had to

play the second character Aya with her crappy weapons and skillset for an extended amount of time.
and for a sequence they killed you if you didn't take the most cinematic route, even though under normal circumstances other routes would have been completely viable. Then they threw a chain of boss fights at you which was also quite boring.

After this the game opened up again and I like it again. The north west is beautiful, completely different from Egypt with its Roman settlements and huge installations and (comparably lush) mountainous landscape.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
How many of you killed Caesar as a strong arab woman that brings change and democracy with her?

The second

finale is as retarded as he first. Once again, you are forced to play Bayek's wife for the most interesting parts, who now literally doesn't need no man because she now has "muh creed". In the end, the main character you played for 95% of the time gets sidelined as some kind of stupid oaf, while the strong independent woman creates the future with lots of rambling about muh eternal creed - which is barely defined other than secretly killing people which they don't like.

kalganoat

Savant
What a shitty story. If ubi put half of the effort they put in creating the envrionment ACO would be amazing. That beach scene was cringeworthy as fuck and the climax/ending holy shit. I pray we don't have to play as that bitch in the rome sequel.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
After some reviews (ok I should have known better) praised her as the better character and the first impressions when you met her weren't that bad, I expected her to be an interesting character on her own. But that wasn't the case at all and all instances (but the first) when you had to play her seemed forced and shoehorned ("we need a female character or we'll be criticized").

Last edited:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
"we need a female character or we'll be criticized"

Really gets the noggin jogging. The fact SJW's are placated by the obvious pandering goes to show how brain dead they are.

"I don't care how shit it is, as long as you cross those t's and dot those i's"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom