Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Origins - it's an RPG now

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

it looks like utter shit. those animations are like something straight from 2007. also lol at "level up"

and fuck you ubishhit for "Egypt was the birthplace of modern civilization". how about Greece you nigger loving cucks?

Visperas

Augur
No need to scout anymore, those blind guards and finally the homing arrow. Jesus...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That looked uninspired. Those combat moves, looked like a mech sliding from place to place hehe.

Garrettt

Educated
I really like the setting but that's about it. Everything just feels like yet another assassin's creed game, poor animations, ok graphics, gameplay unchanged.

Assassins Creed 2 was the last good one they made.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
I really like the setting but that's about it. Everything just feels like yet another assassin's creed game, poor animations, ok graphics, gameplay unchanged.

Assassins Creed 2 was the last good one they made.

They were all GOOD, really. They're all like '7/10' games. And I'm sure this one will be to. An honest 7/10. Nothing more, nothing less.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It seems that you will be playing a Nubian prince on his quest to avenge his (insert loved one here) while sending emails asking people for their bank accounts to use them as a offshore account for financing his revolution!It is certainly not an Egyptian because all black people in Egypt during this time were pulling huge stone blocks around a pyramid or coming on a raiding vocation from Nubia.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It's going to be set in 49 B.C. (E. for unbelievers), which is when Caesar started the civil war in Rome and shortly before he arrived in Egypt to help Cleopatra in the civil war against her little brother/husband.

The gameplay demo didn't really grab me - I like the setting, but everything else seemed very uninspired. Light RPG elements, "loot", even more "supa powas". They added "boss fights" which focus on combat rather than trying to reach and assassinate a target.

It seems that you will be playing a Nubian prince on his quest to avenge his (insert loved one here) while sending emails asking people for their bank accounts to use them as a offshore account for financing his revolution!It is certainly not an Egyptian because all black people in Egypt during this time were pulling huge stone blocks around a pyramid or coming on a raiding vocation from Nubia.

That's not quite the case. Pharaos used Nubians as soldiers since the Old Kingdom.

The Medjay in the game are probably closer to the Fraser Mummy movies than the reality.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

The Ubi guy on the stream calls this now an action RPG.

Pre-ordered the $800 Legendary CE.

$800? Nah, just get the standard edition. Spend the rest of your cash on booze. It'll be more fun than a statue or whatever that CE comes with.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Skill tree with three different play styles (Warrior, Hunter, Seer).

NPC schedules & agendas.

Chariot mounts.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom