Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Origins - it's an RPG now

Not like there was any gameplay there in the first place to begin with.

I remember playing Ass Creed 1 with all map markers disabled, it was ok for awhile but at every corner you were reminded that it's a press A for awesome game and felt insulted to be playing it.

Every subsequent game has been worse. Just let this shit die already.

Deleted member 7219

Very interested in the game although having it set so late is a bit of a bummer - but they obviously want to include famous characters like Cleopatra, Julius Caesar, Mark Antony etc.

Imagine if it had been set earlier though. When Egypt was really at its splendour - rather than Greco-Roman like it was under Cleopatra.

As for Assassin's Creed, I'd like them to make another game like Rogue where you actually play a Templar and the Assassins are shown to be assholes.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Assassin's Creed Origins has an $800 special edition
crNHX2UJVvwRjUajii7eRZ-1200-80.jpg

If there's one dependable lesson to be learned from E3 every year, it's that consumerism is good. And that's no better demonstrated than by this ludicrous Assassin's Creed: Origins edition. Tidily dubbed the Dawn of the Creed Collector's Case – Legendary Edition, it'll set you back $800 (or $1,250 in Australia).

Rather amusingly, this pack doesn't get you absolutely everything offered in the bajillion (ie, five) other special editions of the game, but crucially, it does get you a 73cm figurine in resin (it's in resin, you see). The game is there of course, as is a season pass, a physical world map, and an eagle skull amulet, which is nice.

The full rundown of what's in it can be perused over here. Or you could watch this video. Scroll to the bottom for an image showing everything in the edition.

mbv123

Arbiter
The only good AC game I played was 2 and Brotherhood. While they were exactly the same game, at least story was kind of intriguing and Renaissance Italy is God Tier setting.
First one was boring repetitive shit, same with Revelations. Didn't bother with the rest and won't bother with this one cause it looks exactly the same game that I played 10 years ago with minor improvements.

Deleted member 7219

Have they removed the whole Animus aspect that never really went anywhere with this one?

They shouldn't have killed Desmond. Running around doing assassin stuff in the modern day in AC2, Brotherhood and 3 helped break up the gameplay.

J1M

Arcane
A stealth game set in broad daylight should probably have a touch of the supernatural to help with suspension of disbelief.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Have they removed the whole Animus aspect that never really went anywhere with this one?

I don't think so. You still can "synchronize" and the futuristic loading screen when you die is still there. Also when you are low on health geometric patters appear on the screen.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I wouldn't call the Ptolemaic period "Ancient Egypt". In fact 49BC is closer in time to the present day than to the age when the great pyramids were built.

Deleted member 7219

I wouldn't call the Ptolemaic period "Ancient Egypt". In fact 49BC is closer in time to the present day than to the age when the great pyramids were built.

It should have been set during the New Kingdom. Not as far back as when the Great Pyramid of Giza was built, but not Ptolemaic either. It was very much still Ancient Egypt, at the height of its power. It could have shown the war with the Hittites, the construction of the Valley of the Kings, and Egyptian society at its most prosperous. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Kingdom_of_Egypt

ore clover

Learned
somethingsomething get fucked in the ass by Ubi
Why are they still doing this. Do people still buy into this shit? :negative:

I wonder how much that mega ultra MAJESTIC LEGENDARY edition of the game will cost. I'm genuinely surprised it seems to also come with the actual game.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I wonder how much that mega ultra MAJESTIC LEGENDARY edition of the game will cost. I'm genuinely surprised it seems to also come with the actual game.

The Legendary costs $800.
Hah hah, you kiddin me -

*Checks store page*
You're basically buying a statue with some game stuff for that money. Why anyone would want an AssCreed statue is beyond me, but the price isn't out of line for a resin statue that big.

WTF, Gold and God's edition does NOT include Season pass while other extra versions do? Oh man, if I would ever care, knowing which version to buy is a game of itself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom