Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate, set in Victorian England

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Awesome, the fallout from this trainwreck should be almost as good as last year.
DLetSkZ.gif

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
It's gonna sell millions of copies, it's gonna be a smash-hit and get 10/10's from Polycrap and Shitaku, people will kick up a fuss and whinge about it on Reddit on launch, then they'll immediately go back to pre-ordering the next game in the series while metaphorically wagging their finger at Ubisoft and saying "This better not happen again, OR ELSE!" Only reprieve is that steam refunds might convince Ubisoft to stop bothering porting their games to PC. Nothing is gained, nothing is learned, the wheel just keeps on spinning.

I want to get off Mr. Bones' Wild Ride.

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
Found a actual negative review:
http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/assassins_creed_syndicate_review.html
"Speaking of commands: whose idea was it to put EVERYTHING on circle? there will be times when you're trying to bundle a kidnapped man into a getaway carriage and 'kidnap' 'carry' 'knock out' 'drive' 'hide' and 'loot' are all on the same button, which makes for some interesting idiocy as the game desperately tries to interpret your various inputs"
Truly next gen indeed.

Astral Rag

Arcane
'Assassin's Creed: Syndicate' Is Still Really, Really Buggy

I’ll admit: I’m a sucker for Assassin’s Creed. I even liked Unity, widely agreed upon to be a nadir for the series. It’s been this way ever since the beginning: even when the gameplay is boring and the writing is terrible, there’s just something about the irrepressible style of this series that keeps me coming back, year after year, epoch after epoch. There’s simply no other game on the market that spends its time recreating historical cities with painstaking, breathtaking accuracy, and for this, I hope they keep making Assassin’s Creed every year until I’m old and grey. It’s the same with Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate. With one major, major but.

I’ve spent my time with Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate, and while I’ll have more to say in the next few days on that subject, the bugs in this game just can’t be ignored. Assassin’s Creed: Unity was eviscerated for shipping in a half-baked, bug-ridden state, and while Syndicate isn’t quite that bad, it’s not a whole lot better, either. In my play-through, I’d say I averaged about one gameplay-halting bug every hour. This might have been in the form of combat simply refusing to go operate, mission-critical NPCs not showing up, other NPCS getting stuck in walls, “O” button prompts that never seemed to register, (tried it with two different controllers) total lockups , and more.

I can only speak to my own experience. I’ve read around a little bit, and other reviewers don’t seem to have had similar problems, so we might just check this up to vicissitudes of individual playthroughs. But I’ve only got my own experience to draw on, and I find it hard to believe that it will be a one-off, bizarre anomaly. It’s just a real shame: this is a great game in so many ways, but at a certain point you just can’t ignore technical hangups anymore. There are none of the pervasive, deep flaws that hampered Unity — when it works, it’s a very smooth game — but it can be very frustrating nonetheless.

Making video games that work is no small task: making video games that work, making them every year, and making them as big as Assassin’s Creed is somewhat unfathomable. Assassin’s Creed models itself after Call of Duty’s annualized release schedule, but Call of Duty does that by using the same engine over and over again in mostly linear, easily-controlled missions. What Assassin’s Creed is doing is far more ambitious, and, as releases like Unity and Syndicate prove, far more difficult. Revamping engines and building entire cities every year turns out to be a real challenge. But it’s the challenge Ubisoft has put themselves up to, and they’ve just got to deliver.

I hope they can hit some sort of stride where they can churn out technically competent games and focus on the much more interesting aspects of world-building, but these problems absolutely have to get ironed out first.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Won't this fucking series die already? Just let it die already,even the one button retards got tired of it ,that has to mean something right?
When even the lowest denominator starts complaining about it you need to realize it's time to put old Max down for the sake of everyone...

Just stop:deadhorse:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
German Gamestar/GamePro praised the game (87/100, "Ubisoft formula in perfection", "best quests of the series") and said it had much less technical issues than Unity, in part because of massive graphical downgrades.

Chamezero

Looks like Real Heroes like Marx weren't enough for The Derpian

Deleted member 7219

They need to get back to making one game every 2 years or so.

Assassin's Creed IV, Freedom Cry and Rogue were all a lot of fun, but Unity was shit and it looks like this is shit too.

Machocruz

Arcane
The amount of hand holding bullshit is ridiculous. Wall hax and a threat ring. Button prompts for almost every action you can take. And I haven't seen one review that addresses these things, either for or against. Disgusting game design.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
These glitch videos are hilarious... I don't know why but there is just something inherently funny about cherry picking the fucked up bugs of these try hard AAA games.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik

Is this actually a screencap from the game? I will never play any of these degenerate shit games, so it's not like I'll ever find out for myself. If it is, it's typical of how retarded these games are. Why include an in-game encyclopaedia at all if you're not going to do anything useful with it, if you can't learn anything from it? Maybe this is why they've got these alleged technical problems: "Lip-synching is broken? Can't someone else deal with that? I've got to write snarky commentary about ten historical authors whose works I've never read."

I can understand why people are butthurt about Marx being in it, except I think Marxists should be more pissed off about it than their detractors, judging by the picture and also by the "historical characters trailer". Apparently Marx was some guy who gave a lot of speeches about reforms for "teh poor wurkerz!!" A more realistic version of a fetch-quest for Marx would probably involve asking Engels for money or helping him factionalise against his political rivals. But I saw that Queen Victoria is in it as well. Maybe they could have Marx successfully starting a revolution in London, and then we get a shot of Victoria saying, "We are not amused." Much historical realism, very immersion, wow. Next!

Astral Rag

Arcane
Minimum:

Supported OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10(64bit versions)
Processor: Intel Core i5 2400s @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX 6350 @ 3.9 GHz
RAM: 6GB or more for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon R9 270 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0)
DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card with latest drivers
Recommended:

Supported OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions only)
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
RAM: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (4GB) or the newer GTX 970 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 280X (3GB) or better
DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
Hard Drive: 50 GB available space

The publisher also noted that "For a recommended experience, the game requires a video card with at least 3GB of VRAM when playing at a full HD resolution. While we encourage you to fiddle with the advanced options to fully customise your gaming experience, please keep an eye out for the VRAM meter usage when you adjust these settings."

There are also some Nvidia-exclusive features detailed on the Ubisoft blog, so check that out for the nitty gritty details.

Previously Ubisoft noted that there wouldn't be locks on the framerate or resolution and that the recommended system requirements would target 1080p and 30fps.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ed-syndicates-pc-system-requirements-revealed

Quality port incoming.

Also, never forget:

tWw1lrE.png

Last edited:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Is this actually a screencap from the game? I will never play any of these degenerate shit games, so it's not like I'll ever find out for myself. If it is, it's typical of how retarded these games are. Why include an in-game encyclopaedia at all if you're not going to do anything useful with it, if you can't learn anything from it? Maybe this is why they've got these alleged technical problems: "Lip-synching is broken? Can't someone else deal with that? I've got to write snarky commentary about ten historical authors whose works I've never read."

I can understand why people are butthurt about Marx being in it, except I think Marxists should be more pissed off about it than their detractors, judging by the picture and also by the "historical characters trailer". Apparently Marx was some guy who gave a lot of speeches about reforms for "teh poor wurkerz!!" A more realistic version of a fetch-quest for Marx would probably involve asking Engels for money or helping him factionalise against his political rivals. But I saw that Queen Victoria is in it as well. Maybe they could have Marx successfully starting a revolution in London, and then we get a shot of Victoria saying, "We are not amused." Much historical realism, very immersion, wow. Next!

Butthurt commie detected.

You will also get to climb on top of radio towers to prove how the amazing climbing abilities of humans are result of their ape origins and race through the city to deliver On the Origin of Species to various citizens before time runs out.

Heh, someone on one of the other boards I frequent pointed out an important fact; in Assassin's Creed Charles Darwin is wrong. It was revealed in previous games that Those Who Came Before were the ones who created both Homo Sapiens and Neanderthals. They engineered their creations after themselves, and as a source of slave labor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom