Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Astroneer - game of aerospace industry and interplanetary exploration.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Played it for 3 hours yesterday. I usually hate survival shit, but this one is pretty fun.

I gave it another go after writing my last post, and reached the end of the current content.

# The key to the game are the large chunks you can drag back to be researched. Sometimes they only yield resources, but others lead to tech advances, and some of those are awesome.

# Build a vehicle bay and a Rover ASAP. If you're lucky you've found a 1-Seat module somewhere that you can use to pilot it, otherwise it needs to be researched. For the other slot I put in a Solar Charger (the larger kind) so I could make LONG trips away from the base, as the Rover acts as a oxygen supply.

# Late you can build a Truck, this has room for a 1-Seat module, a Solar Charger and a Storage Space (large module) allowing you to carry up to 6 large chunks. A couple of trips on a Truck should set you up for good in terms of research.

# If you're planning on building a Lander or Spacecraft, build a seperate Vehicle Bay for it as I couldn't find a way to move it except launching it into space.

# A Lander has room for a 1-Seat plus one other building module, I'd recommend a Habitat as you can then drop and deploy that on another planet and build a new base there.

# Hydrazine fuels the Lander and Spacecraft, so make the Fuel Condenser once you're thinking about getting off the current planet.

# A Spacecraft has TONS of space on it, so build a 1-Seat (or 3-Seat if you're playing multiplayer) and attach some materials in the extra slots for your outgoing trips. Bring back large chunks for the return trip.

# Always fully fuel your space exploration vessel before launching. If you have free slots, add Hydrazine modules on for spare fuel.

# Coal is the most scarce resource and is currently only used to fuel the Generator. You can find it by either digging down deep enough into the ground, or visiting the Radiated planet in the solar system.

# The rarest item is Dynamite, it can only be found deep underground and can't be manufactured. It does exactly what you'd think it does.

# You can get lost by driving far enough away that the beacons to your base are no longer visible and you have no idea in which direction it is. This happened to me, and I found my back by navigating via the stars. Remember where the "moons" travel across the sky when you're at your base, align yourself to that, then just drive in one direction until the beacons pop up again.

Direwolf

Arcane
Yeah. I am up to Truck now. With a cargo train. That's all fully equipped so next step I am going to get a bit more copper/aluminum and build myself a spacecraft and go from there.

Perkel

Arcane
I like this game but game needs a lot more content. I really like the whole "physicality of inventory" which is consistant through the game. They did ad some automatic arms in latest updates.

Hellraiser

Arcane
I like this game but game needs a lot more content. I really like the whole "physicality of inventory" which is consistant through the game. They did ad some automatic arms in latest updates.

Personally I liked driving around with rovers and customization by adding batteries etc. and wished they added a copter for some faster long range planetary exploration. Also it would have been better if there were more reasons to explore or some challenge other than staying in O2 range and not falling down a large pit.

A pity the solar system of the game is not fully random.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So is this any fun solo? I don't want to play with other people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom