Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Atelier Firis: Confirmed for PC - Atelier Sophie out now on Steam

deuxhero

Arcane

Would have prefered they port New Rorona, but let's see where it goes

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I wonder how the journey will work in a time management game.
The graphics don't really look much different from the PS3 era.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Sophie dropped the time management. We'll first have to see if they even include it in this game.
Supposedly, Firis's first half has a time limit but the 2nd half doesn't.

Sophie felt a bit sterile because the game is otherwise not challenging (until you get to post game content), so having a time limit would've been beneficial to add some kind of pressure. Or ditch the time limit but make the combat encounters more challenging at least.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
If there's ever a port, don't complain that it runs like shit. It's like that even on consoles, so.
Rorona and Totori worked perfectly on my hacked PS3. I changed thermal paste and did some measures against overheating.

GrainWetski

Arcane
If there's ever a port, don't complain that it runs like shit. It's like that even on consoles, so.

As if that's a valid excuse.

99% of current generation games run like shit on consoles. That doesn't mean it's acceptable for them to do so on PC as well.

Last edited:

GrainWetski

Arcane
I guess this is a good sign?

TwH7aeT.png

Martius

Liturgist
Its the author of DSfix so maybe this game wont be another bad port by Temco.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
These games have VERY harsh death penalties—if your family or friends catch you playing, your life is over.

Reinhardt

Arcane
These games have VERY harsh death penalties—if your family or friends catch you playing, your life is over.
Well, Atelier series is not for the kids - that's for sure. But when you 50+ you can play anything you want.

Arkeus

Arcane
Huh. Looking at the chart in the first page I really disagree- maybe it's different for the vita version as those are remakes, but I would recommend going through the Dusk series before the Arland one as Dusk series is much more plot heavy and it really helps getting into the mindframe of "must do everything super quickly", while Arland series' lack of direction means that for a new player it's very very easy to end up in a fail state.

Also, huh. Sophie in February 7th on steam, and Firith on march 7th? That is cool.

tet666

Augur
Huh. Looking at the chart in the first page I really disagree- maybe it's different for the vita version as those are remakes, but I would recommend going through the Dusk series before the Arland one as Dusk series is much more plot heavy and it really helps getting into the mindframe of "must do everything super quickly", while Arland series' lack of direction means that for a new player it's very very easy to end up in a fail state.

Also, huh. Sophie in February 7th on steam, and Firith on march 7th? That is cool.

Yeah if they port those games to a less old and peasant platform say pc i will bother with them but for now this will have to do, the last games i played in the series where Mana Khemia (emulated ofc) really fun gameplay wise.

So Bros, Atelier Sophie out for Steam. Is it wortha buy. I wanted to Buy Tales of berseria but price too high also too much animu in tales series of late.

In Atelier Sophie other than combat, what gameplay can I expect (The only atelier I played was the atelier Annie alchemist of sera island for nds and liked it actually)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom