Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Atelier Firis: Confirmed for PC - Atelier Sophie out now on Steam

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The main hook is the Alchemy / Crafting and loot hunting needed in order to create items and come up with new recipes.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
So Bros, Atelier Sophie out for Steam. Is it wortha buy. I wanted to Buy Tales of berseria but price too high also too much animu in tales series of late.

In Atelier Sophie other than combat, what gameplay can I expect (The only atelier I played was the atelier Annie alchemist of sera island for nds and liked it actually)

I wouldn't say that Atelier has less animu though.

tet666

Augur
So Bros, Atelier Sophie out for Steam. Is it wortha buy. I wanted to Buy Tales of berseria but price too high also too much animu in tales series of late.

In Atelier Sophie other than combat, what gameplay can I expect (The only atelier I played was the atelier Annie alchemist of sera island for nds and liked it actually)

I wouldn't say that Atelier has less animu though.

Yeah it's moe as fuck :lol:

Gerrard

Arcane
qRWY86B.jpg

Welp, according to Steam forums the port is pretty shit.

I can feel my butthurt manifesting in this reality.

Atelier Sophie has enjoyable gameplay but has yoo much animu moe cutscenes and requires controller.

OK i have a controller but if any of my peers catch me playing it, I will lose all reputation remaining :negative:

Jinn

Arcane
I have vainly thought about how embarrassed I would be to have people on my steam list see me play it if I were to buy it. It's not that I absolutely hate the art style itself, but everything is so bright, cheery, overly optimistic and happy as fuck. And tons of anime tits. Still on the fence about this one.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I have vainly thought about how embarrassed I would be to have people on my steam list see me play it if I were to buy it. It's not that I absolutely hate the art style itself, but everything is so bright, cheery, overly optimistic and happy as fuck. And tons of anime tits. Still on the fence about this one.
Load up something else like Darkest Dungeon first, leave it running in the background, then load up your weeb games. Works for avoiding them seeing what you're currently playing at least. Need profile to be anonymous though or they can browse through your profile.

Arkeus

Arcane
Atelier Sophie apparently do away with the mainstay of "you have a rigorous timeline so no dillydallying" the Atelier games usually have, so unsure how good it is.

Reinhardt

Arcane
It's light hearted low level adventure and i like it. Even when you get somewhat decent skills and levels, overall numbers are still pretty low compared to other jrpgs and you still using your items, so low level feeling remains.

I'm tired of dark and edgy stuff. I'm too old for this.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Atelier Sophie apparently do away with the mainstay of "you have a rigorous timeline so no dillydallying" the Atelier games usually have, so unsure how good it is.
People like the way Alchemy is implemented in Sophie but the removal of the time limit really fucks with game design so Sophie's not that well regarded

Wait what. but the race against time in atelier annie was what made it so fun.
Blame the Japanese casuals.

edit: The time limit has actually been removed for quite a few games already, btw.

tet666

Augur
Next game which comes out next month (Atelier Firis Steam and PS4 ) does have a time limit again.

Last edited:

Arkeus

Arcane
edit: The time limit has actually been removed for quite a few games already, btw.
Pretty sure that the Dusk still had a time limit, if a limited one. As does Firis.

Sophie Alchemy is well regarded? I had people telling me they really disliked the grid stuff, is that not a usual view?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I'm too old for time limits. With the missables and translation errors, you basically need a walkthrough, if you don't want to play the game several times.

flyingjohn

Arcane
What a surprise the port is a absolute joke for anybody using an intel cpu.(high cpu usage and stuttering)
Here is a google drive link for fixes for both atelier and azure:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7VXEPnaNC1qLU4xVnoyRHhtVjg
Oh and if you have stuttering and have no controller you need to actually disable hid devices in device manager because this game constantly looks up if you have a controller.
Edit:The first patch seems to have fixed the cpu problems,so i guess they are at least working on fixing issues.

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
I have an i5-4690k and it doesn't drop below 60 ever with no stuttering.
What is your cpu usage ingame?
The problem is not that the game can maintain 60 it is that the game just overworks your cpu for no apparent reason.

Gerrard

Arcane
60 Euro before even fixing all of the problems of the first game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom