Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
:lol: no punches pulled

LJ40

Cipher
I backed it on Steam Greenlight and skimmed through the videos. Those sound effects are so eerily familiar... just can't place them. HMMMM.

Pointing out that the sound effects are eerily familiar is eerily familiar (and been explained). HMMMM.

Edit - Atomboy - I might be missing something, but is it possible to set attributes lower than 5 in the demo? If not, will that (please) change in the future?

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Пока что весь райтинг выглядит как гнилое говно. Вы ж даже писать-то не умеете, у вас "по-этому" в тексте раз пять. Малограмотному поручили писать самую важную составляющую художественного произведения, ну пиздец же. Текст ломаный, стиль уровня сочинения 7 класса. Если у тебя есть хоть толика порядочности и совести, мразь, ты уйдешь с проекта т.к. ты не заслуживаешь быть на нем. Урод, сука. Саботировать проект вздумал, гнида? САБОТИРОВАТЬ ПРОЕКТ БЛЯДЬ. УБИТЬ ПРОЕКТ? ШКОЛОТРОН ЕБАНЫЙ.
Сурово, но справедливо! Ошибки будем править, как иначе.
Но вообще, с плашкой VATNIK единственная ошибка, которая тебя должна волновать, это если мы поставим "р" вместо "т" в слове Сталин ;)
no punches pulled
Words are like bullets... :dealwithit:
I might be missing something, but is it possible to set attributes lower than 5 in the demo? If not, will that (please) change in the future?
In the current build - no. In the near future - most definitely!

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Bester again skipped his meds...
у вас "по-этому" в тексте раз пять.
:x :x :x
Crush kill destroy!

Looks pretty fine Fallout clone. I'll probably even check it later if it could be run on my old computers.

Does it have rat diplomacy?

7344.gif

laclongquan

Arcane
Hard and fast questions, just how you easterners like:

1. Character/Party: One-char (like Fallout and Age of Decadence), One character + CNPCs (like Baldur's Gate), Party creation (like Wasteland) or párty creation + CNPCs (like Wasteland 2?)

2. Tactical turn-based combat? FOT-level, Wasteland 2 level, JA2 level?

3. 3D graphics... why?

4. System requirements? Does this game run on 1024x600 resolution, or even 800x600? I'm stuck with a shitty netbook right now.

HERE WE GO!
1. Probably the Fallout 1 variant with followers who you can't control, although some with the +CNPCs variant.
2. Now it's on the Fallout 1-2 level. In future probably FOT + the new Shadowrun-esque cover system. JA2 light, some might say!
3. Unity is very friendly to the code and design guys. They love it! Plus we agreed that turning and zooming the camera felt good, especially when something awesome is on the screen. Like a bunch of dead ant gore.
4. Settings are customizable, the best res is 2560х1440, but you could scale it down to the good old 640x480! Honestly, the minimum reqs are tiny. I sort of playtested it on 1gb of DDR3

1. If you go the F1/2 route, please add an option to manually control followers, even if it's a developer privilige/cheat. Because it can solve many bugs related to AI.
4. Ragdoll physic? Can we pump a full magazine of heavy bullets onto a target and watch it dance?

6.Paperdoll inventory? Do we have a some nekkid wimmin doll you could put equipment on?

Walden

Savant
If only rpgs could implement the same AI and algorithms Excidium used to develop his serial shitposter-mighty anti social justice whatever copy and paste internet outcast shit-bot.

trotof

Educated
I think it's a national, nay, scratch that. It's a pan-slavic pastime - try and make your own Fallout, with vodka and medveds. Well, it's not the first, and it won't be the last.
Attempts at making our own JA2 OTOH turned out quite alright as far as I'm concerned (SS/E5/7.62). Hope someone will make another such attempt in the near future.

Severian Silk

Being a Russian game most likely it will have one huge glaring fault and be pretty decent otherwise.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Being a Russian game most likely it will have one huge glaring fault and be pretty decent otherwise.
One huge glaring fault, let me think hard...
1. is never finished
2. never sold in any other language than russian
3. is unplayable due to game-breaking bugs.
4. is... someting with kingcomrade ?

Pick one, wasn't that hard.

Edit: oh wait, another option: is finished as a first-person corridor shooter, popamole edition.

Edit 2: Has any1 ever tried to make a list of all those wannabe Fallout 1/2 clones ? How many there are, in dozens for sure if you include the unfinished ones.

Last edited:

Severian Silk

One huge glaring fault, let me think hard...
1. is never finished
2. never sold in any other language than russian
3. is unplayable due to game-breaking bugs.
4. is... someting with kingcomrade ?
5. uses RTwP and calls it "turn-based"
6. Panzerkleins

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Edit 2: Has any1 ever tried to make a list of all those wannabe Fallout 1/2 clones ? How many there are, in dozens for sure if you include the unfinished ones.
I think I'd better try more finishable endeavors like finding all prime numbers or fully writing pi.
Every ex-Ussr dweller should write two Fallout killers before hitting puberty. I heard that Fallout-Pong and Fallout-Tetris are popular choices.

Aenra

mm, interesting.. :)

I hope it turns out to be good, will be keeping an eye out. And it better feature rusty, abandoned Moskvitches/Ladas. Maybe a ZiL near some boss.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Hey guys, it's yo boi again, bringing the sickest sorry for not replying so long! Here we go!

Hard and fast questions, just how you easterners like:

1. Character/Party: One-char (like Fallout and Age of Decadence), One character + CNPCs (like Baldur's Gate), Party creation (like Wasteland) or párty creation + CNPCs (like Wasteland 2?)

2. Tactical turn-based combat? FOT-level, Wasteland 2 level, JA2 level?

3. 3D graphics... why?

4. System requirements? Does this game run on 1024x600 resolution, or even 800x600? I'm stuck with a shitty netbook right now.

HERE WE GO!
1. Probably the Fallout 1 variant with followers who you can't control, although some with the +CNPCs variant.
2. Now it's on the Fallout 1-2 level. In future probably FOT + the new Shadowrun-esque cover system. JA2 light, some might say!
3. Unity is very friendly to the code and design guys. They love it! Plus we agreed that turning and zooming the camera felt good, especially when something awesome is on the screen. Like a bunch of dead ant gore.
4. Settings are customizable, the best res is 2560х1440, but you could scale it down to the good old 640x480! Honestly, the minimum reqs are tiny. I sort of playtested it on 1gb of DDR3

1. If you go the F1/2 route, please add an option to manually control followers, even if it's a developer privilige/cheat. Because it can solve many bugs related to AI.
4. Ragdoll physic? Can we pump a full magazine of heavy bullets onto a target and watch it dance?

6.Paperdoll inventory? Do we have a some nekkid wimmin doll you could put equipment on?

Yeah, the plan most probably includes at least limited ragdoll. You know, like GTA. The model seizures around for a few moments and then just freezes in the most natural pose possible.
Paperdolls are beloved by many, but that's really up to the artist. Currently we have a very Fallout-esque inventory and equipment system.

As for controllable NPCs... I think we'll have 'em, at least for AI bugsolving :)

What? Stalin astronaut drinking beer poster? :) Insta buy
Agree! Can someone please post a high-res version of comrade Stalin?

And please don't have rape in the game. That's fucking sick and can only be bad.

What if I tell you it's male on male rape? Seeing how it's not even really rape, anyone and everyone can be satisfied! As for the poster, one Stalin coming up! Just let me get our artist real fast!

Well, we actually have this flaw. It's the combat. Pretty boring, no cover system and all... But guess what we're making a patch for even as I type this message! That's right! :D

Lots of skinheads in those screenshots Russia.

OH SNAP! :D

Another Russian wannabe-fallout vapourware!
But at least looks better than previous attempts.

Pretty darn pretty, right?! Goes almost up to 4K too! Won't say we're not Vapor, though. I'll let the next build say it for us :D Seriously, though, this game is gonna come to life, just you watch! Next version won't even have Fallout SE!

Wake me up when this game is actually finished...

Not gonna be the shortest sleep in history... But not the longest, we promise :)

So, this surely could use some front page love, eh?

Oh you bet!

Damn, this looks hot!

And so do you! Cheers! :)

mm, interesting.. :)

I hope it turns out to be good, will be keeping an eye out. And it better feature rusty, abandoned Moskvitches/Ladas. Maybe a ZiL near some boss.

Oh man, you might even see one of those rusty Ladas pulled around by a Troika of horses, before we're through!

I think I'd better try more finishable endeavors like finding all prime numbers or fully writing pi.
Every ex-Ussr dweller should write two Fallout killers before hitting puberty. I heard that Fallout-Pong and Fallout-Tetris are popular choices.

Well, there sure are many. But there's only one to rule them all... And it's not Krai Mira.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Bester again skipped his meds...
у вас "по-этому" в тексте раз пять.
:x :x :x
Crush kill destroy!

Looks pretty fine Fallout clone. I'll probably even check it later if it could be run on my old computers.

Does it have rat diplomacy?

7344.gif

It already has a talking ant-man in the demo... If that counts...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom