Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Cool weapon concepts... but why western ones? Why not "Dragunov", "Vintorez" ?

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
3o7TKt0PGYoB3z2nni.gif

Sometimes I wish I could not read Russian.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Cool weapon concepts... but why western ones? Why not "Dragunov", "Vintorez" ?
Hey there! This is a sort of a misunderstanding. The reason why we posted art containing western weapons is not because the game will feature a lot of them, it's because we used Wasteland 2's icons for them (and not for other weapons we have in stock), and they had to be redrawn. In the future versions of the game the western weapons will be accessible in just a few special locations, and the fact that they even exist in USSR will be explained in the main story line. The weapons most players will get their hands on will be of Soviet origin only (and some trophy guns, like the MP40, Luger or Mauser). The arsenal will contain mainly Afghani war era Soviet guns, and some fancy Eastern Bloc guns like the VZ Skorpion or the Bechoviez. Vintorez, Kashtan, and the most amazing Russian shotguns were mass produced after 1986, when the world ended, but we'll still feature those guns, while giving a proper explanation for their existence. TL;DR being a huge gun nut myself, I'll try to make the arsenal fun but realistic in any way I can, no sweat!

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Натовские патроны откуда в совке? Я чет не думаю, что их там вообще производили. Сейчас делают в паре мест, правда грят на них клинит дико.

Тут у нас походу конкретный каминг аут как русскоязычного сегмента кодекса, так и чуваков с гуголь транслейтом.

Что до замечаний Бестера - ну Бестер выступил в своей неповторимой манере, но замечания-то реальные. Действительно, если уж делать экс-СССР, то и стволы по базе должны быть наши, причем часть с разворованных военных баз, а часть охотничье разнообразное оружие. И по поводу патронов я скорее соглашусь, в Фоллаче это имело смысл, т.к. оружия и оружейных энтузиастов у них как говна, ну и военные базы. А тут у части стволов патроны нестандарт совершенно, если они будут в тьюториале то еще ладно, а если будут рассыпаны для них патроны по миру, даже если в каких-то отдельных точках, то это придется объяснять.

Нет, понятно, что части игроков будет все равно, но вы ж учтите, у импортного народа основная точка опоры это Сталкер, и они захотят оружие как в Сталкере. Не все, но, я думаю, многие. У вас же не ААА аудитория будет.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
А тут у части стволов патроны нестандарт совершенно
I remember hilarious and very informative thread on one forum about findings of WW1 and Civil War ammo that was fired in the wrong rifles.
https://reibert.info/threads/neshtatnye-otstrely-vsjakie-friki.53418/
:troll:

Немецкие стволы времён ВОВки - чуть чаще, само собой.
You could add some WW1 as well. There was a lot of Mannlichers in western parts of USSR. Arisakas (both "imported" by Japs and really imported by Russian Empire) as well. Old Berdans and Gras. Lend-lease US firearms, mostly Thompsons. Make all of it very rare, of course.

Frankly, you could check Twilight 2000 for its arsenal and just remove most of NATO weapons. :M

Ammo_All.png

Comparative sizes are completely off. Really 9x19 looks just slightly more short that 7.62x25 due to longer bullet.
5.45x18 should be really thinnier and smaller than 9x19. In reality it looks similar to tiny .25 ACP.
What the fuck, do you research, guys! Just visit http://www.municion.org/ and check for full length of ammo.
Damn, you probably just showed resized images, right? :lol:
Triggering and autism intensifies. :M

Mei Scarlet

Novice
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Your twitter bot liking a lot of my completely unrelated to gaming posts was a little obnoxious but I guess I'll try the game when it'll be a bit more finished, so far it looks okay.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
All_Weapons.png

Also it's KWAn Mk2 grenade, not Russian. There are RG42 (very common) , F1 (very common), RGD5(common), RGO (rare) and RGN (rare) to choose from. You could add RGK as well.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Hey there guys! We're having quite the busy week at Team ATOM, so I'm just here to let you know, that we achieved GREENLIGHT! Yea boiii! It's all true! We are approved! Stay tuned for the next version, which will answer all of your questions, and even add some new playable content! Like an amazing FACTORY level, where you will meet bandits and raiders.... ..... ...
...with hearts of gold!
Also, there will probably finally be an NPC which becomes manifest in game only if you lie about your name a certain way to some villagers.
Many more updates to come!

You really helped us out with your support until now! Here's for a great future together, now, when ATOM is totally legit, and grows larger each day!

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
А тут у части стволов патроны нестандарт совершенно
I remember hilarious and very informative thread on one forum about findings of WW1 and Civil War ammo that was fired in the wrong rifles.
https://reibert.info/threads/neshtatnye-otstrely-vsjakie-friki.53418/
:troll:

Немецкие стволы времён ВОВки - чуть чаще, само собой.
You could add some WW1 as well. There was a lot of Mannlichers in western parts of USSR. Arisakas (both "imported" by Japs and really imported by Russian Empire) as well. Old Berdans and Gras. Lend-lease US firearms, mostly Thompsons. Make all of it very rare, of course.

During my time of serving in army in Russia, I saw with my eyes and touch with my hands weapon crates with what I belive was trilinear Mosin rifle (not sure actually but something that old).
There were many of them on conservation. Just carried them from one place to other - usual spending time in army.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

(Oh, you shouldn't wake up ArchAngel at least for 10 months, Necromanster)

Steam page:

ATOM RPG is a post-apocalyptic indie game, inspired by classic CRPGs: Fallout, System Shock, Deus Ex, Baldur's Gate and many others.

In 1986 both the Soviet Union and the Western Bloc were destroyed in mutual nuclear bombings. You are one of the survivors of the nuclear Holocaust. Your mission - to explore the wild and wondrous world of the Soviet Wasteland. To earn your place under the sun. And to investigate a shadowy conspiracy, aimed at destroying all that is left of life on Earth.

ATOM is:
• A powerful character creation tool, aimed at making the wasteland hero you want to portray!
• A balanced roleplaying system inspired by GURPS. Each stat combination provides a unique gaming experience, unique dialogues, and new ways to solve some of the quests!
• Dozens of skills, from lockpicking to gambling!
• Many hours of gameplay on all sorts of locations. Meet the other survivors in a brave new settlement, built from the dust of the old world. Venture into the wilds, where mutated creatures and savage bandits lurk. Work out the secrets of an old military bunker. Or simply lose yourself, fishing at a scenic pond...
• Turn-based combat, inspired by Fallout 1 and 2.
• Random encounters with the dwellers of the Soviet Wasteland - both friendly and dangerous. Sometimes all at the same time...
• Many deep, multiple-choice dialogues that feel like real conversations with the unique NPCs of the game.
• Nonlinear gameplay! Dozens of quests, each with many alternative solutions. Play the game like You want to!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom