Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style!

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Atomboy, Oct 1, 2016.

?

Will you back?

1. I will consider it!

28 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. No! I would never!..

8 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. kingcomrade

21 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. Feyd Rautha or Mr.Harkonnen? Whicheverisavailable Savant Patron

Feyd Rautha or Mr.Harkonnen? Whicheverisavailable
    Parrots:
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Click here and disable ads!
    Backed it long time ago. Btw why are there two threads abbot this game?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. udm Arbiter Patron

udm
    Parrots:
    Curious about this. What happened?

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Robert Jarzebina Arcane

Robert Jarzebina
    Parrots:
    Looks better than WL2 :troll:

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Doktor Best Arcane

Doktor Best
    Parrots:
    Eh, youre exaggerating. It was ways above Bethesda level for example.

• incline incline x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. naossano Cipher

naossano
    Parrots:
    You can be ways above Beth level and still be awfull.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Mikeal Novice

Mikeal
    Parrots:
    Not backing, but definitely gonna buy after release.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    Parrots:
    *The Atomboy nods his head, puts hands in the pockets of his rag-suit, takes them out again, spits on the ground, looks at his muddy shoes with contempt and gives out a little sigh*
    Long time no see, TOBAPU|_|_|,! "Terrible" is such an ugly word. How about "exotic" or "ethnic"? Our two writers take great inspiration from the dry, bleak, hateful, highly stylized prose of such Russian classics as Shalamov, Platonov and early Sorokin (in the same way as our artist gets his inspiration from the works of Lobanov) and we stand by it! As for the English translation, we're totally ready to admit that it really looks kind of googly, even though I never use the thing. That's why we have a native English gentleman sorting through it and making it better as we speak! Kickstarter is sure a great way to find a helping hand! A patch is on it's way. As for the resume, it's more of a portfolio. It's scattered among the image boards, mostly... There was also that failed comedy club routine. And some games.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    Parrots:
    Well, I'm almost him! I'm some guy he hired! And I'm here to tell you he says hello ;)
    As for JA2, we're mostly slavs here in the Atom Team. When we don't make our Fallouts, we make our Jagged Alliance Twos! Since I was born in the late 80's, JA2 was the only father figure I ever had. But even the younger guys on the team enjoyed the crap out of it. Not the best thing ever branded with Sir-Tech's logo in my opinion (I like Wizardry 6 & 7 more), but still better than most.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 4
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    Parrots:
    Thank you so much, man! You know, I always cringed a lot when other kickstarter-bound teams posted something along the lines of "Thank you for making history with us! Welcome to our huge, happy gaming family!". But lol, may god smite me where I sit if I'm lying - when someone tells me he put his trust into our project - I honestly feel that way. Like we're all a community, and we're making history together. Bless you, man! It means so much!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    Parrots:
    Indeed! Especially when we'll add the notsupermutants and male prostitutes!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Zarniwoop Destiny Cleanser Patron

Zarniwoop
    Parrots:
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Just don't abuse that trust and blow the money on hookers *cough* Star Citizen *cough*

Might even pledge myself, even though I officially swore off Kickstarter.

^ Top  
  12. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    Parrots:
    We sure did! Huge mods like that always inspired the crap out of most of us, to be honest. As for the formula... Well, first thing I'd add to Fallout would be a better battle system. SPECIAL all the way, but at least some type of cover or JA2-esque run-walk-sneak-crouch pose changing and roof climbing. That's actually planned for our battle system as a stretch-goal. Can't say I answered for all of the team, though. The other thing for me would be more places like Shady Sands, less places like the NCR. There's just something about small communities surviving in the desert, that I cannot find in huge locations with democracy and civilization almost rebuilt. Also, more places like Modoc. Fallout 1 trumps Fallout 2 IMO, but I just love me some Modoc. The mystery farm, the forced marriage, the ghoul-finding, the sewer shenanigans. Oh the memories.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  13. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    Parrots:
    First one was about me begging the Codex for Greenlight. This time we're making it all about Kickstarter! I decided the theme change was just asking for a crisp new thread!

Not much, really. That was more of a joke, actually. All they ever actually did to us was we've been sending them our press-releases for months now... and they didn't even reply once! Our very own Navigator Igrovogo Mira (sort of a Russian IGN) gave us a shoutout! But not these guys! No sir!

Cheeky! :D

True, but...

...sadly, also true.

There's a remastering of the translation in the works, though!

We can respect that! Just remember us in 2018! :D

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    Parrots:
    ...And since I can't find a way to edit my previous post.... Thank you so much for backing us, man! We will deliver, you know. We really will! It really means a lot.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. oasis789 Arcane

oasis789
    Parrots:
    Why isn't there a front page post about this?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    Parrots:
    Oh... oh no... No... We're not MGTOW yet, but we plan to keep our celibacy until the work is finally done. Getting this far was way too hard to just crap all over it instead of finally achieving completion. No woman of the Night will make us halt our stride! Not even Mia Khalifa* herself.
    And as for the possible backing, we appreciate the mere thought of it a ton, goes without saying. Try our stuff out! And who knows!

*We don't actually like Mia Khalifa.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Feyd Rautha or Mr.Harkonnen? Whicheverisavailable Savant Patron

Feyd Rautha or Mr.Harkonnen? Whicheverisavailable
    Parrots:
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Yeah where is it?

^ Top  
  18. Bester Arcane Vatnik

Bester
    Parrots:
    Look..

I get the whole "hey dudebros, I know the Golden Boy meme, I'm one of you guys. US GUYS, RIGHT?!?! Let's show those Bethestards!! Let's fund this thing!!" routine.

And I get the whole "look I'M SUCH A WRITER, i can *DESCRIBE MY ACTIONS* in a post" routine, which is cringy, honestly, but ok.

But I asked for a portfolio. Surely your guys should've posted some novellas somewhere, maybe fanfic, whatever. So don't play a shy girl with me. You want my money? Show me your titties as a promise of what's to come, that's what I want to see. All I see now is nothing I'd be interested in. And nobody should be interested in it. Your demo was horrible.

• Edgy Edgy x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Fenix Arbiter

Fenix
    Parrots:
    Yeah, you guys need to show some distinction with vapourware like Krai Mira, you need to sent clear signal thta your game is better in every - or at least in some - aspects.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Lexxx20 Learned

Lexxx20
    Parrots:
    You're Russian, right? :) Я контент-модератор на игровом портале ГоХа.ру, мы про ваc тоже новость запилили.

1200 просмотров пока. Если есть время и желание, можно зарегистрироваться у нас и немножко попиарить игру: ответить на вопросы и комменты про проект. Не знаю, приведёт ли вам это новых бэкеров, но попробовать стоит, имхо.

И на РПГ Нюк про вас тоже есть. Продуктивным будет потусить и там в комментариях, т.к. вам важна любая огласка.

Ещё, я попросил ребят из Poetic Studio, с которыми у меня тёплые отношения, сделать shout out на ваш проект в следующем апдейте их игры, Sacred Fire. Они совсем недавно на КС деньги собрали. Надеюсь, не откажут :)

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Dicksmoker Arcane

Dicksmoker
    Parrots:
    Some criticism of the pitch video:

You need to talk about features of the game. You say that it's inspired by Fallout, and you give a run-down of the development history, but you don't really go into any more detail. How exactly is it inspired by Fallout? What's similar, and what's different? Are there any areas where you're trying to improve upon Fallout? Etc.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    Parrots:
    Hey everyone! It's me again! Let's get on with the replies!

That actually sounds like a great idea. Too bad it's not up to me to make it happen! Sharing that sweet, sweet main page with Obsidian and news about Monte Cook! The man, the genius. Oh boy!

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. oasis789 Arcane

oasis789
    Parrots:
    paging Infinitron there's even a demo and someone here to answer questions

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    Parrots:
    My man, everyone who played the demo would know that I was simply mocking the bizarre way most of our descriptions currently look in the English version, not showing off my rad writing skills! And how dare you try and take my dudebro privileges from me! Why the first game I ever prototyped back in like 2015 was a 2D 1st person tile-based RPG called "Golden Child Chronicles: Infant Regalia". Cleve's honesty and hard work are an inspiration, not a cheap way to pass the Codex' meme-test. As for the novellas, I'm gonna google around. Seeing how productive our writers are, I'm at least gonna send you a Shrek x Shadow fanfic at the end of the day. Come on. Love us. You want to love us. Dudebro... ;)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    • 'k 'k x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)