Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Atomic Society: Be judge and lawmaker of your own post-apocalyptic city

laclongquan

Arcane
WRONG!

The last worthy economic city builder is in the past: Caesar3, Zeus, Pharaoh, Children of the Nile.

I havent found any worth that label lately.

The lego simulator that you call Sim City simply doesnt count.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
22546_whatever_200s.gif

I don't care about any of those games. Atomic Society looks more interesting than all of them put together ... unless you take away the one interesting thing about it.

Norfleet

Why would I want to punish or re-educate a murderer? Sounds like a real go-getter and a good asset to have in glorious post-apocalyptia.
I assume this is where re-edumaction comes in: You need him murdering the wasteland raiders and other filth, rather than your community.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
CZxnd4kl.jpg

Hail the Leader! Hail the death of freedom!

A year later, game still exists and Early Access release appears to be coming soon. There have been tons of updates which I somehow missed. I'm not gonna try and post highlights from that so instead I will share an inspiring excerpt from a Steam discussion:
Genfinity said:
In a time after nuclear war and without any other law enforcement available, the world will completely turn up side down.

I legalized slavery so unemployed people would have work. The slavers promised to treat them well. I talked to them. All good.
I tolerate murder but currently, it's the only law in the village. Tolerating murder keeps everyone respectful.
Vegitarians get a long prison sentence. In a time when food is scarce, people who think they can choose what they eat choose prison to reconsider their selfisness.
When they get out, they will have a clearer understaning what what our situation is.
Anyone wanting to commit suicide will be assisted. Far to many people are joining our village. There are not enough jobs to go around, not enough housing and barely enough food and water. During this horrible time, people who kill themselves are our heros.

HAHA! Welcome to the dark side! As our society develops, we'll reverse man of our current laws.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
This game is fucking retarded, LOL.
Social Degrees/Issues:
-Murder
-Prostitution
-Theft
-Slavery
-Euthanasia
-Vegetarians
-Transgender
A minority of people around here still don't feel happy in their birth gender and we've caught them using medical workers precious time and medicine to change it. What shall we do with them?
-Drug Users

:D

Toppest of keks, even in the post-apocalyptic near future, tranny issues are top #10 MOST IMPORTANT THINGS

PanteraNera

Arcane
This game is fucking retarded, LOL.
Toppest of keks, even in the post-apocalyptic near future, tranny issues are top #10 MOST IMPORTANT THINGS
Seriously if you can put vegetarians in prison you will be most likely able to do the same with trannies.
So incline in my books!

PanteraNera

Arcane
Zombra
Aha, so having choices (with consequences) is now a racist thing? Interesting.

Seriously, I hated Dead State for not being able to kick out everyone who is not doing their part for the survival of the group. Instead of a grim post apocalyptic zombie world, I was playing fetch quest for some morons, retards, cry babies, nerds, idiots and mental ill, so they will support me on a "crisis" to do the right thing (instead of the popular). What was the first crisis? Getting a water filtering system? If you supported that everyone "hated" you and you couldn't argue with them at all. It was either doing the popular thing, or the right thing. Or "risking your" life scavenging batteries, cigars, games or other shit to "bribe" them to support you. The PC was supposed to be the leader of the shelter. It most certainly did not feel like it.

And what about Frostpunk? Instead of a grim post apocalyptic ice world with difficult choice it is again do the good thing otherwise you are bad. WTF? The whole kids mess, honestly it is bad to have kids to work? Even if the survival of humanity depends on it? Come on.

And yes I say it is fucking incline that I have the choice to put vegetarians, trannies or other groups of people in prison in Atomic Society because I for one think that the player should have choices (that have consequences) instead of telling the player what to do and what not to do because of "political correctness" or "social justice".

If that makes me an racist, than you have the opportunity to give me another racist-rating.

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck
Would be better if you can eat the vegetarians and rape the trannies to death.

Zombra
Aha, so having choices (with consequences) is now a racist thing? Interesting.

Seriously, I hated Dead State for not being able to kick out everyone who is not doing their part for the survival of the group. Instead of a grim post apocalyptic zombie world, I was playing fetch quest for some morons, retards, cry babies, nerds, idiots and mental ill, so they will support me on a "crisis" to do the right thing (instead of the popular). What was the first crisis? Getting a water filtering system? If you supported that everyone "hated" you and you couldn't argue with them at all. It was either doing the popular thing, or the right thing. Or "risking your" life scavenging batteries, cigars, games or other shit to "bribe" them to support you. The PC was supposed to be the leader of the shelter. It most certainly did not feel like it.

And what about Frostpunk? Instead of a grim post apocalyptic ice world with difficult choice it is again do the good thing otherwise you are bad. WTF? The whole kids mess, honestly it is bad to have kids to work? Even if the survival of humanity depends on it? Come on.

And yes I say it is fucking incline that I have the choice to put vegetarians, trannies or other groups of people in prison in Atomic Society because I for one think that the player should have choices (that have consequences) instead of telling the player what to do and what not to do because of "political correctness" or "social justice".

If that makes me an racist, than you have the opportunity to give me another racist-rating.

The part you are complaining about is the 'game'. That's how these simulationist and survivalist 'games' work, you play baby sitter to various kinds of characters' daddy issues. That's the mechanic used to distract you from realizing there is no real gameplay and the game basically plays itself.

Zombra

Patron
I bought some other game in the current Steam sale, was instantly disappointed and refunded, so picked up the pre-alpha to this instead. Been wanting to support this guy for a while.

It is still pre-alpha and there is not a lot of "gameplay" yet, just accumulation of resources, building things, and managing costs and benefits. Examples, having the prison near your town center is convenient for your police force but demoralizing to the population. Throwing together tons of cheap housing is initially cost efficient but maintenance labor is very resource intensive. And so forth.

So even that much is fun, after playing for an hour last night I found myself going back to it this morning because I wanted to build a tavern and a church. Hoping the game will incorporate more goals than "get people survivin yo", right now you "win" the pre-alpha if you can build a stable enough village to support 300 people.

The only disappointment so far is that despite each citizen having detailed characteristics, a name and personality, the level of focus is too "zoomed out" for it to mean anything. People are dying left and right and citizens are committing crimes and being executed every day, so I don't care about their names or personal hangups, they are all just ants in an ant farm. Which is fine, I get it, I just pine for more drama.

Norfleet

I wonder how exactly you can still do transgender in a post-apocalyptic environment. I mean, how's that supposed to work, are people supposed to rearrange their junk using rusty machetes? I would think this would quickly provide selective pressure against this, since all the people who do that bleed to death or die of horrible infections.

Deathsquid

Learned
I wonder how exactly you can still do transgender in a post-apocalyptic environment. I mean, how's that supposed to work, are people supposed to rearrange their junk using rusty machetes? I would think this would quickly provide selective pressure against this, since all the people who do that bleed to death or die of horrible infections.
Dude, it's post-apoc nuclear wastelands, mutations are running wild.

Norfleet

It doesn't matter. The entire thing of being transgender is the belief that you're something that you're not. If your actual physically reflected state is some manner of fucked up, so you identify as such, you are still normal. In the head, anyway. You're physically fucked up.

Deathsquid

Learned
It doesn't matter. The entire thing of being transgender is the belief that you're something that you're not. If your actual physically reflected state is some manner of fucked up, so you identify as such, you are still normal. In the head, anyway. You're physically fucked up.
Yeah but what if it's the hermaphrodite type?

Edit: Ah, like that. Yeah okay.

Deathsquid

Learned
If you actually ARE, you're still normal. At least, headwise.
Yeah I actually read the post that cited the patch notes about that, now. I really wonder how big a social issue this was when the Roman Empire collapsed. :roll:

Norfleet

I don't think it really was an issue, because people back in those days simply didn't even have the OPTION to try junk-restructuring. Which, incidentally, doesn't apparently do anything for them, because they still end up committing suicide at the same rates as those who do not undergo junk-restructuring.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
What a piece of crap, you should have them all flogged for not even bothering to finish it.

Zombra

Patron
I just saw the new trailer. Religion is in the game now and you can set policy based on religious freedom. For example, Shintoism might be your colony's official religion, and you might set your policy to exile Protestants, "educate" Satanists, and torture Jehovah's Witnesses. (I counted 24 different religions, you can have a policy for each.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom