Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Attention fucktards! I mean everyone.

psycojester

Arbiter
I've never met a chick who was interesting enough to hang around if I wasn't banging them. Fags.

Translation: "I've never had sex without having to pay for it by the minute"
Its fun to twist the macho act around.

almondblight

Arcane
jiujitsu said:
It would be bad because the Codex is full of lonely losery dudes who have hardly any contact with females. :cool:

Pretty much. That's why people freak out that someone might scare away the precious internet women.

Honestly, how often does gender come up in CRPG? "I'm having a problem with NWN, these are my spec, and by the way, I'm a woman if that could be cauring the problem." Once you choose to volunteer personal info, or post pics, or whatever, then you get what you get. My gender, nationality, religion, age, etc, has never come up in any discussion. If people want to be self-proclaimed women (or Malaysian/millionaire/transgender) here for whatever reason (might make them feel special in a place dominated by guys...no one would ever start a thread like this to defend some guy harassed on the codex, even if he was harassed much worse) then they know what to expect. If they don't want that don't bring it up. As simple as that.

Legion said:
I made a joke account...

Why do you lie?

Callaxes

Arbiter
Internet socialization is the dumbest thing on earth!

And dammit people! You don't have to judge the personality of potential girlfriends if they like your type of video games. My girlfriend quit gaming 5 years ago and she's the smartest, most clever person I ever met in my life. I don't think I would love her more if she was an Arcanum fan.

Ladonna

Arcane
Well, I didn't cause this crap in case anyone was wondering.

VD, you should have banned the clown who was doing whatever it was and kept the rest under your hat. Putting it up here in main only allows the Great Brains to snipe away at women ruining Culture/the Codex/the Planet/the Republicans/Whatever. Yes, I agree they are weird fuckers, but you needn't encourage them. :wink:

cutterjohn

Cipher
I have to second Ladonna, as if they were pathetic enough to do whatever harassing they did online, your little speel isn't going to do shit to them.

Apparently some people need to get out and about more often...

almondblight

Arcane
Ladonna said:
Putting it up here in main only allows the Great Brains to snipe away at women ruining Culture/the Codex/the Planet/the Republicans/Whatever.

...uhmm......right......

Edward_R_Murrow said:
Women are killing the internet. I remember the good old days....when men were men, women were men, and children were either ADHD freaks, or the police.

Damn your anti-women rants, Murrow!

Ladonna

Arcane
His comment was actually funny. I was talking about other retards...a little closer to home actually.... :wink:

almondblight

Arcane
Any quotes you care to share? Could be my mongoloid mind, but I fail to see anyone complaining that woman are ruining the internet. Overly sensitive? Just like a woman...

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Ladonna said:
VD, you should have banned the clown who was doing whatever it was and kept the rest under your hat.
This is not the Codex way. And I don't have a hat :(

Ladonna

Arcane
This is not the Codex way. And I don't have a hat

Fair enough. I didn't think about that.

Dumbfuck them then....or better yet, a juicy new nickname.

almondblight

Arcane
Alternatively, you could, you know, just learn to deal with it like everyone else here does.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Again. VD is proving his misogyny. He feels that the 'Little Women' need a big strong man like him to protect them from harassment; but he feels it's ok to harass guys.

That's cool. :cool:

Ladonna

Arcane
Your a princess, so you come under the protective 'Umbrella' too Volly.

almondblight, I fail to see the day when mental women are chasing you around, hounding your every move (or whatever happened to generate the complaints to VD are). :wink:

However, If I am wrong, then please give the juicy details out....

Volourn

Pretty Princess
That';s why i'm fighting his misogny! I'm a 2007 woman. I don't need some big, dumb, strong man to protect me. I cna do it myself!

Fez

Erudite
I guess I should have known better than to mass mail those naked pictures. Sorry Volourn, I thought you'd appreciate it, but you're just too modern and independent for me. :(

almondblight

Arcane
Ladonna said:
almondblight, I fail to see the day when mental women are chasing you around, hounding your every move (or whatever happened to generate the complaints to VD are). :wink:

However, If I am wrong, then please give the juicy details out....

It's a forum, they can't do anything to you. Ignore it. We have people harassing people saying they'll kill their wives, people putting other's pictures up on the internet, blah blah blah pettty things. But this isn't real life, people can't actually do anything, and people will only know as much about each other as you tell them. If you don't want people to bother you, don't volunteer any information about yourself - like I said, it's not like the issue of gender comes up all the time. If you already did, start a new screen name if it really bothers you.

Again, in the end all you have to do is turn of your computer. That's as far as it goes.

And no, I'm not going to spill any juicy details about (real) women or men that were chasing me around, especially not on a CRPG webboard. That would be pathetic. Suffice it to say, though, real situations highlight the pettiness of an anonymous internet person halfway around the world sending you a PM or whatever.

Ladonna

Arcane
Ok, since my leg pulling has obviously gone straight over your head AB.....

I agree with your points, don't give stuff out, don't worry about internet wacko's, etc. Obviously somebody else WAS worried and they complained to VD. VD is one of the heads here and decided to say something. End of story really.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
VD made this thread for one reason. To create more I N T E R N E T D R A M A.

That's cool. :cool:

Ladonna

Arcane
And you are Loooooving it Volly.

I haven't seen you get so involved in a convo here for ages. I bet you watch every episode of Bold and the Beautiful too. :wink:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"I haven't seen you get so involved in a convo here for ages. I bet you watch every episode of Bold and the Beautiful too."

Nah. My soap of choice is General Hospital. :D

R00fles!

:idea:

almondblight

Arcane
Ladonna said:
Ok, since my leg pulling has obviously gone straight over your head AB.....

More of an excuse for me to vent over long standing annoyances (as most of my posts are). If elements of it don't seem pertinent to your situation, or if you aren't even in this situation, feel free to ignore them. They aren't directed at any one person, but anyone who falls into this category; and, in a broader sense, anyone who gives a damn about internet faux-socializing.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Volourn said:
Again. VD is proving his misogyny. He feels that the 'Little Women' need a big strong man like him to protect them from harassment; but he feels it's ok to harass guys.
I'm not protecting anyone. I'm just reminding everyone that this is not a dating site and that not everyone is looking for romance here. There was no harassment. Someone has made a mistake and shared his feelings for a female poster, making this person uncomfortable, because that's not why she's here.

almondblight

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
Someone has made a mistake and shared his feelings for a female poster...

:lol:

No one wants to post the message?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom