Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Attributes

SymbolicFrank

Magister
If you want all attributes to be important, do you think Pillars does better than Planescape: Torment?

---

Arcane
Even Call of Duty is better than Torment for what concerns characters attributes.

Sannom

Augur
If you want all attributes to be important, do you think Pillars does better than Planescape: Torment?
Yes. Torment can only be enjoyed with a focus on wisdom and intelligence, you can enjoy PoE with any combination. But on the other hand, PoE dropped the ball when it comes to dialog, with too great a focus on Resolve checks.

Sizzle

Arcane
But on the other hand, PoE dropped the ball when it comes to dialog, with too great a focus on Resolve checks.

Actually, I enjoyed resolve being the most important (and most commonly used) attribute in dialogues. It makes sense that something that's (among other things) a substitute for charisma is checked so often, especially when it comes to bluffing/intimidating.

Though I would have also liked that other attributes were used for different solutions and approaches, but, well, they can't all be Age of Decadence... unfortunately.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Strength in Torment gis you some pretty funny moments on intimidation, an allows you past a few encounters, an o course allows you to rape in combat. Dex is gud for all kindsa shit from stranglin to pickpocketin, an o course ya thievin skills an teachin that goes on between Annah an Nameless. Constitution is a bit unregistered, except wi core regeneration I suppose. Int an Wis are fairly important, but you don't need as massive amounts as folk say. Personally I find a low Cha fits Nameless better, especially wi all horrified an freaked out reactions at beginning, you can use friends to make up for it if you want but I knock it down to 3 for shock an awe. Use that stat mod in tweak pack.

Overall i'd say yeah Nameless felt much more a summation o his stats than me Poe character did, an far more fuckin distinctive an enjoyable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom