Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Auction House Online: The Game (Diablo 3) is a MASSIVE decline

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
More like four weeks.

Boxer

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Undead are rising up around the Tristam area because a shooting star fell on it, and the reasoning is just a thinly veiled excuse to exposit the plot and relive the glory days of Diablo 1 at the player, including having to kill King Leoric again.

The reason behind the shooting star? After blowing up the Worldstone at the end of D2, Tyrael was blasted so hard he fell to Earth and lost all his angel powers or some shit and SOMEHOW this caused all the undead to rise from the grave, because. Oh, by the way, did you know that Tyrael is a twigger? Because he is, a super whiny one too. He spends the entire game whining and doing nothing of importance, which is exactly the sort of thing that people who liked him back in D2 wanted.

So anyway there's this loli called Leah and she's like "I heard my mom was a bitch and she slept with some adventurer dude FORESHADOWING AND D1 REFERENCE" and I'm like "WHOA, is Adria supposed to be secretly a hotty or did the Fighter from D1 had some weird fetishes?"

Anyway so after a bunch of pointless filler, some butterfly fairy woman from Power Rangers kills Deckard Cain, thus continuing the tradition of Blizzard pissing on the rich lore of their fictional worlds since World of Warcraft.

so filler filler filler SUDDENLY ADRIA appears and she's all like "OH MAN, MY DAUGHTERU, I MISSED YOU AND I'M SORRY TO LEAVE YOU FOR UNSUSPICIOUS REASONS" but then a Blizzard employee threw some darts at the wall and the results came up as "Adria is actually a traitor who wanted to revive Diablo" and SURPRISE the loli was conceived just as a new host for Diablo which explains why all the preview pictures of Diablo had extremely feminine hips and walking sway and most people predicted the plot for that, wonder why no one assumed that maybe Diablo took on the body of a tranny?

So Diablo goes to the heavens and start killing shit and the Angels are all "TYRAEL THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT" which is entirely is, because he's a whiny twiggah who does nothing but whine every moment of the game, and then most of the Angels die, except this one guy who is VERY ANGRY against the humans but Tyrael uses Deux Ex Machina to disable them all but then there is this one Angel who is ANGRIER for some reason and vows revenge TOTALLY NOT AN OBVIOUS EXPANSION BAIT.

Then you kill Diablo, which is pretty pointless, considering how much killing Diablo has accomplished for the last 2 games. The End.

So anyway D3's plot sucks.
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!...

You know, there was this artist/dev? panel of Blizz workerdrones and what struk me was the amount of slanteyes there. And you could see the disgusting artstyle all around the game. The idiotic animu flair.

Psquit

Arcane
:necro:

JXV7NVh.jpg

EbhP77T.jpg

2ZAE41V.jpg

Too bad almost no one plays this game anymore... :dead:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've played for a while on the new patch now, and it's actually a pretty huge improvement. Still not a great (or really even good) game, but if you bought the game it might be worth taking another look.

Psquit

Arcane
True.

Also anything that make wowtards butthurt is incline(cause they remove the auction house).

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The only significant improvement I've noticed is that the drops are much better. And you get levels pretty quick if you play on master (i cannot play on torment yet), but you could do the same before the new patch with mp10 (I think they removed monster levels now). It is also funny how the described master as a difficulty level for players with legendary equipment: I have only two legendary items and I can't use them yet with my new chars. I also heard that they did something to the skills to, but I don't really now because I am popamole I just spam rapid fire, throw grenades and run around and don't play the game seriously.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So I went ahead and played a character through act 1-4. Gameplay is still fun. Loot 2.0 is a good system and completely removes the need for the AH. I don't really have a problem with it - Diablo 3 was never going to have Diablo 2's trade-based economy unless they divided the game up into shards of 10000 players or something. At least now when a legendary drops there's a very real chance that it'll be an upgrade, whereas before at best I could sell it on the AH for a few hundred thousand gold. Although while leveling I did get 5 legendary belts within about two hours, 3 of them consecutively. That was kind of annoying.

The new difficulty system is fucking stupid - there is absolutely no reason to play on anything except normal or torment, because the intervening levels don't provide anything other than bonus xp and gold, and you'll kill stuff faster on normal anyway. If the other difficulties offered some MF or an increased item drop rate or something then they might actually be worth using. I can hardly even believe that the patch went live that way.

Farming once you finish story mode is boring as shit right now, but I'm guessing that's because RoS isn't out yet - there seems to be more "endgame" style content in the expansion.

Also, Blizzard keeps nerfing the fucking wizard with every patch and it's pissing me off that I have to completely relearn, respec, and regear my wizard every time I come back to play this game. This is the third time it's happened now. First with the CM crystal skin/force shield god mode build, then the CM living lightning/poison hydra build, then finally my archon inferno farming build. Stop nerfing the wizard, goddammit. My wizard isn't even fun to play anymore.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I wonder if the new Adventure mode is going to make Campaign completely obsolete once you get through it for the story and difficulty unlocks.

The only significant improvement I've noticed is that the drops are much better. And you get levels pretty quick if you play on master (i cannot play on torment yet), but you could do the same before the new patch with mp10 (I think they removed monster levels now). It is also funny how the described master as a difficulty level for players with legendary equipment: I have only two legendary items and I can't use them yet with my new chars. I also heard that they did something to the skills to, but I don't really now because I am popamole I just spam rapid fire, throw grenades and run around and don't play the game seriously.

From what I've experienced based on patch 2.0, after getting a new character to level 60 thanks to this 50% bonus experience thing, I can pretty much say you'll only need something resembling skill on difficulty Torment 3+. I didn't think you could make Normal more of a baby mode, but they have and it's now basically there for people who just want the story, god help them.

Psquit

Arcane
I Beat the game on hard with my shitty Barbarian in a coop thing. It was fun but kinda easy, the bosses pretty much "drop like flies" (diablo 2 all over again) they did Re-work some of the bosses like Magda and siege breaker (now they spamm more monster).

Torment is where the diffculty starts. Monster are Hp bloated Coons that at least can use their fucking animations rather than just die. The cursed chest are a nice touch to the game, you have to fight a wave of demons to get the full loot in a short amount of time if you fail... you still get minor shit.

Speaking at his GDC panel entitled Shout at the Devil: The Making of Diablo III, former game director Jay Wilson came out and said it: the controversial Real-Money Auction House hasn't panned out the way Blizzard thought it would, and they'd probably pull the plug if it were an easy thing to do.

this article made a year ago is :lol:

MapMan

Arcane
The main change I noticed in the patch is my FPS dropping from stable 60 to barely 20 in an empty city. :thumbsup:

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I wonder if the new Adventure mode is going to make Campaign completely obsolete once you get through it for the story and difficulty unlocks.

From what I've experienced based on patch 2.0, after getting a new character to level 60 thanks to this 50% bonus experience thing, I can pretty much say you'll only need something resembling skill on difficulty Torment 3+. I didn't think you could make Normal more of a baby mode, but they have and it's now basically there for people who just want the story, god help them.

You'll only really need skill if you're playing on hardcore, where, even though the game is very easy for most of the time, you will have to stay aware of what you're doing at all times, and your ass will still clench whenever your health starts dropping.

Dying is not a problem with normal characters, so the cap on which difficulty you play in is really only how efficient you farm in it; you can often just spam skills in the middle of monsters and not worry at all. If I'm not mistaken they're implementing some kind of buff on the expansion which goes away on death, which, along with those new experience pools we already have, should reward more skillful/careful playing.

Last edited:

Psquit

Arcane
Are you sure you selected the right option?

I don't do mistakes of that kind.

Your hand might have slipped...

No, I wanted Orange. It gave me lemon-lime.

Diablo Could not make a mistake.

Its Jay Wilson, He knows i like Orange.

So you think Diablo dev team nerf the drops?

Yes, They do it on purpose!
-------------------------------

Now with ze new loot system i can have all the orange i vant!

aris

Arcane
Haha! Fuck arcane enchanted dorks!
2CYCnAV.png
This is really the type of items they should have had in the first place. They've really done wonders with the itemization, though they are not there yet. This could also potentially be an item that is not obsolete once you are past the level requirment, which was a problem in D3.

Psquit

Arcane
They need to fix the two handled weapons, right now they are broken.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom