Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Auto ignore entire kodex by default suggestion

Lancehead

Liturgist
Everything is shit Everyone is butthurt.

iptm0R5GWZQ3t.png

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
...what I do find a bit interesting though is how he adopted that "Codex is full of fucking hipster posers cause the ME3 thread is 300 pages long" Skyway-shtick in the other thread, because a similar thing happened in that MM X news thread. So I wonder why this is. Is Skyway really that popular among you bros that you want to imitate his trolling style? Is it like an inside joke thing?

Except he's right about that. A not-so-insignificant section of the Codex is made up of people who go out of their way to denounce a game (or particular style of game) and then end up playing it. The new Tomb Raider being a prime example. Can't begin to count how many people who said 'lol game is shit... but uh I finished it.' If a game is that bad you'd stop playing. I couldn't force myself to keep playing Arcania because it was horrendous.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Honestly though, I was speaking with a broader context. Bruticis ignoring everyone I really don't care about, what I do find a bit interesting though is how he adopted that "Codex is full of fucking hipster posers cause the ME3 thread is 300 pages long" Skyway-shtick in the other thread, because a similar thing happened in that MM X news thread. So I wonder why this is. Is Skyway really that popular among you bros that you want to imitate his trolling style? Is it like an inside joke thing?

Well, the ME3 thread thing is actually something I've argued with Skyway about more than once (in CDS, no less!). Given that so much of the thread isn't even about ME3, and most people in it don't indicate that they've finished or even played it, the point makes no sense. Now, if he was pointing out the fact that a surprising number of people seem to have actually bought and played through the game, its dlc, and even read outside secondary material all while claiming to hate it, then he'd have a valid point, though it would cover a relatively small set of posters in the thread. The M&M X news thread stuff was mostly a reaction to the fact that initial response on the Codex was less cynical than the response on NeoGAF of all places. Once the initial omgomgomgfapfapfap posts subsided, more measured opinions started showing up, but I still maintain that there was a lot of interestingly Ubisoft-trusting fapping going on at the start, which needed to be attacked to keep any pretense of Codex jadedness alive.

My personal shtick is more "Codex is full of fucking hipster posers because goddamn, look at that top RPG voting thread".

Bruticis

Except he's right about that. A not-so-insignificant section of the Codex is made up of people who go out of their way to denounce a game (or particular style of game) and then end up playing it. The new Tomb Raider being a prime example. Can't begin to count how many people who said 'lol game is shit... but uh I finished it.' If a game is that bad you'd stop playing. I couldn't force myself to keep playing Arcania because it was horrendous.
:bro:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Is this where we say someone from Ukraine played more than 6 times and less than 8 times or something?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Except he's right about that. A not-so-insignificant section of the Codex is made up of people who go out of their way to denounce a game (or particular style of game) and then end up playing it.
Seven times no less.

Look let's face it: the ONE AND ONLY memorable Codexer that does this all the time is skyway*. Therefore yes he does have a point but... well, the only reason his point even exists is because of him. Hence agreeing with him is completely retarded.

* Ok, so Black did it for D3, but go read that thread and see what everyone thought of it.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It's not like he likes the game or anything.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, the ME3 thread thing is actually something I've argued with Skyway about more than once (in CDS, no less!). Given that so much of the thread isn't even about ME3, and most people in it don't indicate that they've finished or even played it, the point makes no sense. Now, if he was pointing out the fact that a surprising number of people seem to have actually bought and played through the game, its dlc, and even read outside secondary material all while claiming to hate it, then he'd have a valid point, though it would cover a relatively small set of posters in the thread. The M&M X news thread stuff was mostly a reaction to the fact that initial response on the Codex was less cynical than the response on NeoGAF of all places. Once the initial omgomgomgfapfapfap posts subsided, more measured opinions started showing up, but I still maintain that there was a lot of interestingly Ubisoft-trusting fapping going on at the start, which needed to be attacked to keep any pretense of Codex jadedness alive.

My personal shtick is more "Codex is full of fucking hipster posers because goddamn, look at that top RPG voting thread".
I saw more surprise at "how can this even happen" in the M&M thread than anything.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
...what I do find a bit interesting though is how he adopted that "Codex is full of fucking hipster posers cause the ME3 thread is 300 pages long" Skyway-shtick in the other thread, because a similar thing happened in that MM X news thread. So I wonder why this is. Is Skyway really that popular among you bros that you want to imitate his trolling style? Is it like an inside joke thing?
Seven times no less.

Look let's face it: the ONE AND ONLY memorable Codexer that does this all the time is skyway*. Therefore yes he does have a point but... well, the only reason his point even exists is because of him. Hence agreeing with him is completely retarded.

* Ok, so Black did it for D3, but go read that thread and see what everyone thought of it.

Memorable, sure. But plenty of other people do it, just not as much.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Site feedback is the new GD for sad fucks who had their GD access removed and people who want to gloat at their misery.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
The first time I poked my head in was the first time I remember having encountered as concentrated a
racism, misogyny, homophobia, xenophobia and downright degenerate behaviour in the span of ten threads.
You talk like it's something bad.

And you can get a tenfold concentrated degree of idiocy by just watching TV for 30 minutes.

I'VE GOT IT: auto-be-ignored-by-entire-Codex!

New members start with this enabled by default. Every now and then some mod can check in on how they're doing, and choose whether to send them a PM informing them of the setting and how to toggle it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom