Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.4%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 263 45.6%

• Total voters

spekkio

Arcane
^
Hey, Crooked Bee - is 112x112 possible for avatards? They will be scaled down to 96x96 in forums, but shown in original res in User Profile?
Tbh I'd prefer 96x96 because the way xenforo downscales them is just ugh. Also being >96px could in theory lead to problems next time xenforo upgrades itself (because xf's fucked up).
But I'm not stopping you, go for it if you have some spare time.

Unwanted

Xu Fugui

Unwanted
Just asking, no need to be rude. If it was a crappy joke or something then whatever. You really should replace the black with transparency though, it would look so much nicer.
:hero:

spekkio

Arcane
IMO light / transparent background makes the avatars look like shit due to aliasing.

jxVdiHZ.png

uxfaX8N.png

Black background:

TPB9fC3.png

But, hey - it looks like everybody has its own preferences...
CB is probably too lazy to add those, anyway... :roll:

spekkio

Arcane
Crooked Bee

215 avatars from Front Mission 3 are ready.

This took me some time despite using scripts, FFS :roll: (due to some .tim images being extracted with transparency – had to do some QC /re-extracting manually).
Anyway, here they are:

https://www.mediafire.com/?dl5z99g79y1j8zm

Some examples:

kuYLWgs.png
wDvZd7R.png
98l2RCd.png
42gr9pH.png
NZdjwsC.png

BxHrFor.png
yX5xaOO.png
r14DKsq.png
vAWsBIO.png
SkYRYH7.png

Original .tims were 64x80, I resized them to 77x96 and added transparent bars.
Initially I wanted to sort them by type / country / etc. But I gave up after ~30 fags – there are simply too many of them / I wasn’t sure about some characters’ affiliation.

In before usual bitching...

:rpgcodex:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
NEED VOLUNTEERS:

So, the Pillars of Eternity beta is coming soon and we can soon have a proper portrait gallery for the game.

Unfortunately, I didn't pledge for beta access, so I can't extract the portraits myself. What I'd like is for somebody to run the Unity Assets Explorer (http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10085) on the game's main assets file (hopefully it's just one big file with everything).

Use it to extract all the game's assets, then filter out the texture files (probably in .dds format). The portraits should be among them somewhere - likely with a filename that identifies them as such.

It's also possible that the game's portraits will be stored externally, in some subdirectory in the game's folder. In that case, it'll be really easy to grab them.

Once you have them all, zip them up, upload them to filedropper and post the link here. No need to do any image processing or anything, I'll do that myself.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
No. The next cRPG that FUCKING HAS a Serpent avatar (and it looks good) I'll use. Seriously, Larian. WTF?

Maybe Pillars of Eternity will at least have fucking Serpents..... :M

Ultima VII uses serpents :D

Naw. I finally said goodbye to the Ultima avatar, out of protest that Gariott has gone full retardo and now embraces the POP-A-MOLE as the future of RPG's. Screw him.

Go old school, man :D

http://www.mobygames.com/game/nes/swords-and-serpents

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Actually, before those get added, tell me which size is better.

h2NbvQI.png
or
3PKMTbU.png

The first is resized 2x by nearest neighbor ( ex,
iHk56I2.png
), then to 96 pixels wide by Lanczos3. The second is the native resolution.

I could also resize the native resolution portrait to 96 pixels wide:
3u3CB9g.png

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Here are some more Divinity: Original Sin avatars.

Lvqwl9z.png
7eId7n7.png
uEMEFwr.png
lF1CDyj.png
GeW9KQR.png
FMIOFDV.png
1yeTwxK.png
H7SjOpn.png
qxHF7Gi.png
k7QWdWT.png
s65dii9.png
fnxf9FV.png
81FxvXD.png
0UcbBF8.png
x9fRzJe.png
E7dx2uj.png
WgCBXDe.png
8KUn2Aq.png
IOLXkwP.png
j1WboN8.png

ZIP

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom