Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.4%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 263 45.6%

• Total voters

Baron Dupek

Arcane
i think that all FO3 avatars should be removed.
18000.jpg

Cazzeris

i think that all FO3 avatars should be removed.
18000.jpg

That one is from Fallout New Vegas, you retard.

It's been designed by Brian Menze, who also worked in Fallout 2. The one that appears in FO3 was drawn by this woman, who designed both Oblivion and Skyrim consolized UIs.

This is the main reason why FO3's Vault Boy looks like a mentally disabled person:

120px-04_Following_in_His_Footsteps.png
120px-13_Take_it_Back!.png
120px-37_Scourge_of_Humanity.png

The original Vault Boy doesn't have that mouth.

120px-17_Those!.png

What is this I don't even

120px-26_You_Gotta_Shoot_'Em_in_the_Head.png

That tongue drives me mad.

117px-VaultBoyFO3.png

Where does that light come from? And why does he close the eye that isn't receiving it? I thought that he had sensitive eyes (remember FO2 intro).

120px-07_Tranquility_Lane.png

His arms and neck look broken.

Also, his neck always look twisted, his head is thicker and his hair looks simpler than the original Vault Boy's.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I've no clue who's in charge of adding avatar sets over here in the 'dex, but I'll be exporting the portraits from game files and recompressing them in PNG for web use as soon as the new version is publicly released, so I can help with that.

I am planning to do the same for all character sprites as well, but that takes more work I'm lazy. Also, their sizes vary and again I've no idea if you have any technical/style limits for avatar sizes.

Pictures must be 96x96 avatars, and without any white borders/any other signs of being poorly cropped.

Copy all files into a zip file and post a link to the zip file in your post.

epeli

Arcane
Pictures must be 96x96 avatars, and without any white borders/any other signs of being poorly cropped.

Copy all files into a zip file and post a link to the zip file in your post.

Alright, cheers. 96x96 32-bit PNG it shall be. There's some image editing to be done (portrait+background+borders composition and downscaling)

I'll let Crooked Bee know once the Underrail portrait update is out and I'm done converting them into avatars.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Last edited:

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Ok.

I still miss having this avatar sgc_meltdown supplied though:

T6KEQhJ.jpg

The day DU accidentally hits the 'enable custom avatars' button in a drunken Australian stupor, that shit is coming back.

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Bros, anyone interested?

sz3JBcf.png
qf5SMBv.png
OJLusLG.png

eELdHLV.png
KInHuTb.png
GxFBG4a.png

Made from screenshots, extracting source images would be better idea / quality...

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Bros, took me ~1/2 hour to realize, that:

1) Portraits are stored in \data\resource\portraits_l\ , in .htx format (compressed).
2) X-Ripper can extract .dds files from .htx files.
3) Those can be viewed / converted via XnViev

Vanillas look like this (256x256):

HxvPsDi.png

Portraits are ~154x172 and look glorious:

o7EB5mV.png
UZoAVwr.png

n2pOFF9.png
RL7GDEZ.png

:love:

But resized to 86x96... not so much:

0RZ5p9Q.png
z5sZiPw.png

jYSyF6l.png
cTifuJU.png

tl;dr

96x96 Xenoforo limit sux.

:cry:

LundB

Mistakes were made.
If it keeps us from having fuckoff-huge anime avatars everywhere, I'm going to have to disagree on that last bit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom