Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HATRED, aka Awor Surkrarz Simulator 2015

Leonorai

Novice
What i meant was, i'd like to see someone take it up a notch further than their attempt and go full blown Hitler, atrocities and all.

I highly doubt that would ever happen though, seeing as anything nazi causes serious knee-jerk reactions.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Awor Szurkarz trailer

Awor Szurkrarz

Oh my God :lol: !

How do you make these videos? Are there any free programs for making stuff like these?

"As to organizations that profiles I follow, they refer to the patriotic and libertarian tradition, and not to the totalitarian ideology."
J. S.
and libertarian tradition

There is one more thing - accusing Hatred to be some kind of racist game. What the hell is wrong with you, people? The Antagonist is killing everyone equally, race doesn't matter (it's randomly generated for all NPC's), sex doesn't matter (it's random too), so you can call it the most tolerant game, promoting equality. Here everybody dies.
I don't think he understands what tolerance means. When one hates everyone and starts killing everyone equally, one is the least tolerant person, not most tolerant.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
For some reason depictions of selective killings tend to generate more butthurt than "kill everyone" misanthropy. That's curious, "I hate (insert group)" seens to be higher on the evil scale than "I hate everyone".

Leonorai

Novice
Same reason people hate getting filmed with cameras. You focus on them instead of letting them be part of the herd and they flip their shit, even though nothing's really changed.

Hating everyone means hating no one in particular, so no one gets seriously offended. We can relate to hating specific people, so a fantasy about killing them hits a lot closer to home (and hate is a naughty thing, hence the kneejerk whining - "stop reminding me that I'm human", says the Sapiens' little brains. Poor Saps). If Hatred was set in a gypsy village or a concentration camp or whatever, the butthurt would be off the charts. Since it just makes us think of a generic slaughter, the reactions have been lukewarm. Remove the grisly executions and people will care even less.

For all the talk about mysanthropy, we see unrestrained hate as a very alien thing. Even tards that get hyped at the idea of getting sent to some mudhole to kill everyone labeled "enemy" there will balk at the thought of walking outside the house and kill random people who happen to be on their way, like a school shooter or our friendly protagonist here.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
and hate is a naughty thing

Who says so ?

If Hatred was set in a gypsy village or a concentration camp or whatever

If you would play as the concentration camp prisoner that is murdering nazis I bet the game would be accepeted. Just look at wolfenstein.... now change blazkowitz to the guy from hatred who is killing prisoners in a camp.Those that say what is right or wrong look from their perspective.

Killing nazis- OK , killing humans - wrong. Nazis are not humans ?

We're usually raised to see hate as a bad thing that we should avoid. Sometimes parents don't do a very good job, but we don't like to think of ourselves as hateful pricks.

Nazis are only ever depicted as faceless icons of evil in games, therefore ok to kill. If a game had you kill a nazi while he's playing horsie with his daughter, there would be some confusion.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
We're usually raised to see hate as a bad thing that we should avoid. Sometimes parents don't do a very good job, but we don't like to think of ourselves as hateful pricks

Once you realise that everyone secretly hates you, the truth shall set you free.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Hating everyone means hating no one in particular, so no one gets seriously offended. We can relate to hating specific people, so a fantasy about killing them hits a lot closer to home (and hate is a naughty thing, hence the kneejerk whining - "stop reminding me that I'm human", says the Sapiens' little brains. Poor Saps). If Hatred was set in a gypsy village or a concentration camp or whatever, the butthurt would be off the charts. Since it just makes us think of a generic slaughter, the reactions have been lukewarm. Remove the grisly executions and people will care even less.

For all the talk about mysanthropy, we see unrestrained hate as a very alien thing. Even tards that get hyped at the idea of getting sent to some mudhole to kill everyone labeled "enemy" there will balk at the thought of walking outside the house and kill random people who happen to be on their way, like a school shooter or our friendly protagonist here.
That's why it isn't an Awor Szurkrarz simulator.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If you would play as the concentration camp prisoner that is murdering nazis I bet the game would be accepeted. Just look at wolfenstein.... now change blazkowitz to the guy from hatred who is killing prisoners in a camp.Those that say what is right or wrong look from their perspective.
Didn't someone try to make basically that exact game a little while ago and the Polygons of the world created a huge shitstorm about it and the game got cancelled?

As you unload your FN FAL's magazine on the filthy suitist at point blank range he explodes like a blood sausage and the bits fly all over the place and some hit your ass and legs because you're still in prone position oh god its heavan but now my camo pants are ruined good thing my black shirt is still pristine nevermind just hit another one on the nose with the butt of the rifle and it sprayed all over me should have used my steel toed boots instead

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Didn't someone try to make basically that exact game a little while ago and the Polygons of the world created a huge shitstorm about it and the game got cancelled?

Yep.

Last edited:

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I see little reason to really give it a go over other, much more well done isometric shooters.
Can you name some recent ones ?
Hotline Miami.

Not isometric but top-down still, still similar enough and actually has great gameplay.
Yeah I have that one.. found it more trial-and-error style gameplay where you die quite often, instead of true survival shooters like Alien Breed. Another good one is Abuse but that's side-scrolling (and bit old. Fuck, '95-'99 were truly great years for gaming). In both of them fight against aliens though. So isometric, maybe Syndicate would classify, you could put a lot of honest citizens out of their petty existence.

Looking forward to trying this out.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The Antagonist is killing everyone equally, race doesn't matter (it's randomly generated for all NPC's), sex doesn't matter (it's random too), so you can call it the most tolerant game, promoting equality.

2i9nqrc.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I see little reason to really give it a go over other, much more well done isometric shooters.
Can you name some recent ones ?
Hotline Miami.

Not isometric but top-down still, still similar enough and actually has great gameplay.
Yeah I have that one.. found it more trial-and-error style gameplay where you die quite often, instead of true survival shooters like Alien Breed. Another good one is Abuse but that's side-scrolling (and bit old. Fuck, '95-'99 were truly great years for gaming). In both of them fight against aliens though. So isometric, maybe Syndicate would classify, you could put a lot of honest citizens out of their petty existence.

Looking forward to trying this out.

To me it reminds me of mageslayer, hope it plays as good.

609.jpg

2552614-mageslayer.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom