Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HATRED, aka Awor Surkrarz Simulator 2015

bonescraper

So, my Hołd Ruski T-Shirt makes me a right-wing extremist and a nazi? M'kay.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Lol. When did I ever say anything about making a game about WW2? You certainly are the target demographic for this game: an illiterate fucking ape-thing. Kill yourself.
"Make a game based on stuff made by the guy who survived the horrors of ww2." You triggered me with that the sole mention of a game that might have something, even remotely to do with ww2 you fucking shitlord. Mentioning Beksinski I got the idea of something like Pan's Labirynth (but ww2 Polan instead of Spain). I'm really sick of games, movies, anything that draws inspiration from that war, this crap is just done to death. Yeah I know war is bad ok. And why do you have to be so rude, faggot?

Last edited:

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
Anyone care to explain what a Awor Surkrarz is?

"
the face I'm beating with my fist is pulverized,
and turned to shit so all that's left when he is gone
is skin and blood and pulp and bone
this fucker thought that he could try and fuck with me,
no reason why, so now he got what he deserved
a coffin with his grave reserved
where has all the common sense gone?
can't these fuckers leave the shit alone?
always trying to start some stupid shit
the obituary page is full of it
no death's on my conscience they challenged and they lost
no final resistance, fuck it its not my loss
gonna fuck it up fuckin bring it down
the mother fuckers dead
don't ask me why they had to die
I try to live my fucking life
they are the ones that fucked with me
they paid the price with agony"
that's about the gist of it.

St. Toxic

Arcane

Oj8uyao.png

bonescraper

Shit is about to go ballistic ! MOAR butthurt incoming !
Apparently COE of this dev team "like" on facebook polish anti-muslim group.

Hell it looks like it will be best selling game in history of potato land

Sure, great. So instead of making a game based on the thoughtful, melancholic, surreal horror paintings of Beksinski, A POLISH PAINTER and someone who lived through the horrors of WW2 era Poland; they make a game based around the vapid, childish, masturbatory precepts of black metal. Black metal isn't even anti-establishment considering that they work within the strict confines of their own pathetic establishment, which they certainly don't shy away from capitalizing on at every opportunity. It is a group of whiny, self-deluding babies, who use their so called "style" as a crutch for their hopeless lack of real talent. Not to mention, instead of just making the game and releasing it, which at least would have given them the credit of being obscure and isolated, they have instead gone and deliberately stirred up controversy (using things like Facebook and Twitter. trv kvlt dood :lol:) - and they certainly aren't shying away from the attention because all this attention means their game will sell more, in the exact same way that games made by SJWs sell more when those SJWs whine online. This is like children fighting on the playground.
What's your fucking problem? You sound like one of those blogging cunts who absolutely have to comment on every fucking thing that sparks a bit of controversy.

Those guys are free to make whatever they fucking want. What are you even trying to say? That Dice should be making games about Swedish hisotry and culture instead of WWII/modern multiplayer shooters? That Finns should be making games about Witner War instead of Max Payne and real-time blobbers? The French shouldn't be making games about orcs and focus on the French Revolution instead? And let me guess, you're american, right? You guys can make games about anything and everything, because.

This game isn't making a statement of any kind. It's not supposed to be thoughtful, melancholic, artsy or deep. It's just a modern Postal clone, quite unoriginal. It's a simple isometric shooter, one of many. It's made to make money, and it will, thanks to all those butthurt offended SJW joornalists. It's all calculated for max controversy and profit. It's that simple. If they made anything else it would surely go under the radar. It's an indie game and it's their debut. You jelly or what?

Personally, i'm not crazy about what i've seen so far. So far it looks like a boring, pointless, gimmicky shooter with decent graphics and destructible environment. It's a game concept taken directly from Awor's fucked up mind. And i can't trust anyone who drinks non-alcoholic beer.

And just like titus said, at the end of the day, it's just another video game. Get over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Oh wait, I realised that there's a 99,99% chance that most of the team are druggies and kurwinists. Fuck it, I'm not buying it.

vgNSfsx.png

Most importantly it doesn't look like a very fun or interesting game, just a run of the mill isometric shooter (with execution animations, what a great incline feature, I'm sure I will enjoy seeing the same 5 unskippable animations repeat throughout the game). I really dislike the juvenile, high school goth tone it has; will there be dark and brooding poetry readings in between the levels, about cutting your wrists because you are misunderstood by society? The idea of making a game around fighting the SJW agenda by doing something like this seems silly as well, since by doing so you are just legitimizing that movement; are these guys not just doing the same thing as the SJW, who create games like Gone Home and Depression Quest as some sort of "statement".
:0/5: too obvious.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Here comes the unexpected endorsement.

F3tOrR7.png

Shit is about to go ballistic ! MOAR butthurt incoming !
Apparently COE of this dev team "like" on facebook polish anti-muslim group.

Hell it looks like it will be best selling game in history of potato land

Sure, great. So instead of making a game based on the thoughtful, melancholic, surreal horror paintings of Beksinski, A POLISH PAINTER and someone who lived through the horrors of WW2 era Poland; they make a game based around the vapid, childish, masturbatory precepts of black metal. Black metal isn't even anti-establishment considering that they work within the strict confines of their own pathetic establishment, which they certainly don't shy away from capitalizing on at every opportunity. It is a group of whiny, self-deluding babies, who use their so called "style" as a crutch for their hopeless lack of real talent. Not to mention, instead of just making the game and releasing it, which at least would have given them the credit of being obscure and isolated, they have instead gone and deliberately stirred up controversy (using things like Facebook and Twitter. trv kvlt dood :lol:) - and they certainly aren't shying away from the attention because all this attention means their game will sell more, in the exact same way that games made by SJWs sell more when those SJWs whine online. This is like children fighting on the playground.

Black metal was, in a big simplification, made by teenagers in the beginning. Just look at the pictures of the Emperor, Darkthrone and other bands. Black metal was in it's roots anti-establishment. I remember the story when Darkthrone was releasing their second album. First they were playing nice death metal with clean sound. But then, :bang:, Moonfog guys are telling them what the fuck is this? You want us to release it ? Just like punk was pissing on boring rock bands. It's always the younger generation which feels the need of change. When you get older, you value stability over anything else. It was an anti-establishment move in it's roots. There were no prima donnas and celebrities, just ... oh fuck you're trolling.

:rage:

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I remember the story when Darkthrone was releasing their second album. First they were playing nice death metal with clean sound. But then, :bang:, Moonfog guys are telling them what the fuck is this? You want us to release it ? Just like punk was pissing on boring rock bands. It's always the younger generation which feels the need of change. When you get older, you value stability over anything else. It was an anti-establishment move in it's roots. There were no prima donnas and celebrities, just ... oh fuck you're trolling.

It was Peaceville :decline:

Lol, just noticed there are no women in the dev team.:incline:

but two of the artists liked Diablo 3 :negative:

But in the absence of choice, a game should always force you to play the hero. Always.

I don't agree with this at all. And I'm the sort of guy who has a hard time ever playing a bad guy in a CRPG or what-not.

Do you think only bad people like to play as bad guys? Or have I completely missed your point?

yes

Papa Môlé

Arcane
Because it's not "just a game." It's presented in a way that is realistic and is meant to tug at the emotions of the player. All games (and indeed all art) does that to some extent. To deny that is to say that you have never felt the slightest bit of emotion at anything that ever happened in a game, book, or movie that you experienced. And if you say that, you're a fucking liar. And you're one of the worst kinds of apologists that ever existed in gaming history - much worse than any of those mainstream gamers that like to forgive bad rpg mechanics who we like to make fun of so often - if you simply say it's "just a game," when referring to this depravity in MW2. It's never "just a game" when presented in such a manner. It's not meant to be. For fuck's sake, in gaming terms it's a mission where you simply go through the level mowing down people who don't even fight back and are basically only there so they can die. And yet, all you people - you who praise challenge in games, who always speak in favor of good gameplay mechanics - are defending this mission against those who see it for the trash it really is, all the while jumping up and down and yelling "Lol it's just pixels!"

That's why this game is in fact a far better look at violence than pseudo-sophisticated, hipster-approved bullshit like Spec Ops the Line. There is no motivation, no justification, no reason for the violence you do in this game. You can stop at any time since the only goal is murder for murder's sake. Spec Ops wanted to pretend you were a monster for continuing play, particularly with the mortar section, but it was forced nonsense. There was no choice to avoid launching the mortar (you don't actually have to kill every civilian in this one for instance, only those you want to) and if you wanted to see the rest of the scripted story (the only real part of that trainwreck of a game) you paid for you had to keep going. Here, if you keep going it's because you explicitly want to kill people for no reason other than watching them die and there is no pretense about it and no other purpose, and no missed content.

If all violence was as stark as this we'd have to look at it for what it is, sheer will. "Reasons" are simply justifications that allow us to keep asserting our will through violence in some form or another while trying to uphold a mask of personhood and decency so we can benefit from society just as we benefit from our own or others violence done in our name. Again, the military setting of Spec Ops brings this duplicity out regarding real-world military action. It's okay to criticize violence in some abstract way, it's even okay to some level to criticize a war or even war in general, but it's still majorly taboo in society to not "support the troops". But what does the violence of the soldier protect you from but other men like himself? Men willing to kill for some "reason" or another.

Games like this throw people into such a tizzy because society is not about taming violence but directing it. Violence as portrayed in the game, which is not only undirected (he doesn't even hate a specific group of persons like most real world killers) but flagrantly points out the hypocrisy of people who pretend to be against violence while enjoying benefits which only exist for them because of violence or simply enjoying violence when there is a psychologically soothing "reason" for it, is so threatening because it transcends political shell games and the dissimulating puffery that goes along with it.

It's especially threatening to most women and "beta" sorts in general, because it pulls the hood off of masculinity. The man here is not fighting to "protect" his land or his family. There is not some phony grimdark background setting supposedly forcing him to fight where he's really a "nice guy" normally. It's raw anarchic male assertion of a frustrated will in a world that limits his power, which is fundamentally what we're all after, and is exactly what the SJW sorts are after. Except of course they lack the inner strength to acknowledge and embrace this and instead dance around promising to only be interested in helping everyone get along even as they demonstrate a willingness to throw certain groups or persons under the bus, *just like anyone else playing the game of politics*.

This game is basically like the American Psycho of video games. Publishers weren't even sure they wanted to publish that initially, and there was tons of pressure from women's and other such groups, but now the same crowd-thinking, semi-educated so-called intellectual crowd who back then would have called it a threat to our moral fabric and wrung their hands over "what this says about us as a species" (what it says indeed) upholds it as a classic of American literature. American Psycho even goes a step further by insinuating the identity of physical violence to economic violence by having its sociopath be ruthless businessman whereas most moderns like to pretend we've "advanced as a species" because we prefer shady economic violence over open physical violence where possible--which doesn't stop us murdering the shit out of people when we need to of course.

EDIT: Also, another thing problematic about Spec Ops was it so immune to criticism because people's real world concerns about American wars, the direction of video games, or both prevented them from seeing it was a shitty game due to their desire to make it a flagship title for their positions on those matters. This game however has nothing to hide behind and very few are going to jump to defend it because of some personal or political stake in something.

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
The game could really pander to the moralists with a simple suicide button that you could push at any time.

I'd love to see it, actually. So I could see more moral haughtiness of reviewers "refusing" to play the game, and the cruelty pressed upon those, who failed to look up the control scheme and were not aware that suicide was an option, of those who had to play the game.

"By not committing suicide in the game, an option I did not know existed until after I massacared a hundred people, I felt compelled to commit suicide in real life, an option I also did not know existed, but am now fully aware of, as I stare into the mirror of my bathroom, unable to recognize myself."

Hatred.
2/10.

+ Loss of self-identity.

- When the camera zoomed in on a killshot, I could see down a lady's blouse.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nah, the game doesn't look as fun as massacring hundreds of cats in Dwarf Fortress for no reason at all, but I look forward for all the butthurt it might cause because it has better graphic that is accessible to an average moron.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The game could really pander to the moralists with a simple suicide button that you could push at any time.

I'd love to see it, actually. So I could see more moral haughtiness of reviewers "refusing" to play the game, and the cruelty pressed upon those, who failed to look up the control scheme and were not aware that suicide was an option, of those who had to play the game.

"By not committing suicide in the game, an option I did not know existed until after I massacared a hundred people, I felt compelled to commit suicide in real life, an option I also did not know existed, but am now fully aware of, as I stare into the mirror of my bathroom, unable to recognize myself."

Hatred.
2/10.

+ Loss of self-identity.

- When the camera zoomed in on a killshot, I could see down a lady's blouse.
I would imagine, since the guy puts all his ammunition in his pockets in the starting cutscene, that you might actually be able to just walk around without provoking anybody until you actually start fighting.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Doesn't look like fun from what I saw in that trailer.
Some of these execution scenes / finishing moves gave me the creeps. Didn't like those, can't imagine how anyone could like them. Ok, the game is called "Hatred" so it all fits the profile or something but does this look enjoyable to me? Not the least.
Then again I guess killing innocents will be just another way to draw in major police and army forces like in the GTAs but I'd never play this if there is no option to turn off those finishers. If there is one, then it all depends on how good the gameplay is I guess. Fuck political commentary, I just want gud gaemz.

Also to troll the SJW thought police why do they let the player kill privileged whites mostly of all demographics (suburbian environment in that trailer)? Why not redskin villagers in a Wild West setting or niggers in some ghetto? This is just lame. :decline:

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Some of these execution scenes / finishing moves gave me the creeps.

pussy. If anything this game need more violent things to be fun. Full procedural body destruction with things like guts spilling, bone/muscle system would be lovely thing to have.
It would be amazing if NPC would behave like trees in Crysis1 or when you have hammer you can make from NPCs paste.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom