Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Stop browsing /pol/ and KiA and get out once in a while.
Why do niggers like yourself pretend it's all coincidences when the writer herself confirmed her agenda with a forum post?

Do you people need this delusion because you actually like this shit?

Probably because "I have issue with some of the female in the original BG" does't equally translate in "i'm going to make my game about privileges and the refugee crisis in Europe".

It would also imply Beamdog is made of time travlers and decided to make their game about a war have refugees, since it was announced before the refugees issue became widespream.

But hey, maybe you are right. Maybe the whole game is about pushing for the refugees. Now excuse me while my CHARNAME kills some of them and sides with the guards.
You are spending too much of your time and mental energy engaging with the animals on these forums. Just let them feel important in their Zoo cell

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
XHesMNs.png

Because you faggots in addition to terrible taste in videogames also have short memory.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So did you guys forget that she wasn't the lead writer and has no say about what the plot would be. :M

purpleblob

Savant
XHesMNs.png

Because you faggots in addition to terrible taste in videogames also have short memory.

She sure as hell can write whatever she wants to but failed to realise she's responsible for whatever response she gets as a result of writing she produced.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I'm wondering whatever happened to Beamdog. Are they going to get the green light for BG: 3 or did their ruined launch end up killing those plans? Shit, Siege of Dragonspear was at the top selling Steam games for a while, but it quickly went to the back page.

So anyone know what they're planning?

I'm still on the border whether to buy SoD now or wait until a sale.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I hear sales were still pretty dismal (DmC was on the top sellers list for a little while too and was still a financial disaster), and BG3 was a pipe-dream to begin with, so signs pointing to no.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
If you can't see the problem with writing that goes 'HELLO. I WAS A MAN, NOW I AM A WOMAN.' in the first line of dialogue in a Baldur's Gate game...

It's not the theme itself, it's the absolutely hamfisted way in which they throw it in your face, treating you like an infantile console gamer.

Mustawd

If you can't see the problem with writing that goes 'HELLO. I WAS A MAN, NOW I AM A WOMAN.' in the first line of dialogue in a Baldur's Gate game...

It's not the theme itself, it's the absolutely hamfisted way in which they throw it in your face, treating you like an infantile console gamer.

I don't know how many times others and myself need to make this exact point before people fucking get it. FFS Fallout 2 had a gay marriage. KOTR had a gay character. Both are beloved codex games.

This is not about LGBT hate. It's specifically about the attitude of that one writer and her own opinions about "fixing" the BG series. As if it needed fixing. The BG series is frozen in time, along with other things such as music, art, and books. Leave them the fuck alone. If you want to fight sexism, or whatever other stupid thought is in your head, then I say go for it. Create a new game with all your politicla views. It might even be good.

But to wave your politics in my face so blatantly and shallowly in a series that is basically done evolving is just asking for me to punch you in the face.

LGBT characters can be totally interesting and cool. But am I comfortable with an NPC that basically says, "Ok, here's are your wares. By the way I was born a man but now I'm a woman. Have a nice day!"? No, I'm not.

Stop tying to convince me that the world is so full of trannies in 2016, that it is common place for people to talk about their gender preference so openly. Also, stop trying to convince me that the world of BG is the same.

It's not.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Didn't they hire more than just Gaider? I thought they also did some consulting with Chris Avellone or something... Just seems like they had a lot planned prior to this SoD fiasco.

Plus, how many units did they expect to sell? It didn't seem like they broke the bank making this new expansion. I would think being on Steam's best seller even for a while would cover all the expenses and more, don't you think? I'm just assuming, though.

Anyways, they supposedly fixed the gay character. Anyone know how that turned out, or did they just erase him from the world?

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
So what did they hire Gaider for?

Baldur's Gate 3. Because you know that's happening at some point and everyone's going to have a gay old time. :salute:

No, Gaider is working on a new IP of some sort.

I'm still pretty sure it's their end goal because let's face it, no matter what else they're working on can measure up to be the hype of making BG3 their own. It's going to print them money if they don't completely tarnish their reputation as a developer until then. I assume there's been no news about that IP of theirs yet?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The legacy of Siege of Dragonspear is that it was likely a good motivator for Steam to change how they present their reviews to dull the sting of review bombing. :cool:

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob

I don't know how many times others and myself need to make this exact point before people fucking get it. FFS Fallout 2 had a gay marriage. KOTR had a gay character. Both are beloved codex games.

This is not about LGBT hate. It's specifically about the attitude of that one writer and her own opinions about "fixing" the BG series. As if it needed fixing. The BG series is frozen in time, along with other things such as music, art, and books. Leave them the fuck alone. If you want to fight sexism, or whatever other stupid thought is in your head, then I say go for it. Create a new game with all your politicla views. It might even be good.

But to wave your politics in my face so blatantly and shallowly in a series that is basically done evolving is just asking for me to punch you in the face.

LGBT characters can be totally interesting and cool. But am I comfortable with an NPC that basically says, "Ok, here's are your wares. By the way I was born a man but now I'm a woman. Have a nice day!"? No, I'm not.

Stop tying to convince me that the world is so full of trannies in 2016, that it is common place for people to talk about their gender preference so openly. Also, stop trying to convince me that the world of BG is the same.

It's not.

:bravo:

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
Who gives a flying fuck what they're making. After this debacle, anything they release should be taken with a grain of salt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom